Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could someone please translate this for me. Greatly appreciate it

Options
  • 15-03-2011 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi, can some please translate this for me in Irish or if you know it in Gaelic irish as well i would appreciate it;)

"Thank you for three wonderful weeks"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

Go raibh maith agat ar feadh trí seachtaine iontach

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Go raibh maith agat as ucht trí seachtaine iontacha.

The previous translation roughly means "Thanks for the duration of three great weeks".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

quietone wrote: »
    Hi, can some please translate this for me in Irish or if you know it in Gaelic irish as well i would appreciate it;)

"Thank you for three wonderful weeks"

There is no 'Gaelic Irish' as opposed to just 'Irish' Gaelic is an English term for the Irish Language.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Irish Gaelic is more commonly known in Ireland as 'Irish', but 'Irish Gaelic' is the most common name amongst the international community. There's nothing wrong with calling it 'Irish Gaelic'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

Irish Gaelic is more commonly known in Ireland as 'Irish', but 'Irish Gaelic' is the most common name amongst the international community. There's nothing wrong with calling it 'Irish Gaelic'.

There is nothing wrong with calling it Irish Gaelic, I was pointing out that there is no Irish or Irish Gaelic, it is the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭An gal gréine

Yes. I should point out that the term "Gaeilic" (Gaelic in English) is used instead of the standard "Gaeilge" in the North.

Advertisement