Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hips and heels

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭supposedly

Wednesday:
    Some split squats 9kg each hand. Think about three sets of ten each leg. I wasn't counting exactly. Also some clean and press with 16kg kb

Thursday:
    Snatch pulls: up to 55kg for a triple
    Glute ham raises: a few
    Chins: 3 sets of 2-3
    Bulgarians: bodyweight, keeping everything crazy tight, three sets of ten
    Cleaned and pressed 16kg kb again and started to do some double unders but wasn't feeling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

supposedly wrote: »
    Wednesday:

Glute ham raises: a few

You do those in Hercs?

Nope, Mortens. You can do them at home though. edge of couch with a human holding your ankles.
    I'm so bored with not being able to train the way I want to that I've decided the next best thing is to get the biggest and strongest glutes ever. I'm currently researching and planning my programme for the next few weeks to meet this goal. Then I will host an event: "The glute olympics".

Nope, Mortens. You can do them at home though. edge of couch with a human holding your ankles.
    I'm so bored with not being able to train the way I want to that I've decided the next best thing is to get the biggest and strongest glutes ever. I'm currently researching and planning my programme for the next few weeks to meet this goal. Then I will host an event: "The glute olympics".

Ha!

Yeah tried the whole coach thing, my knees were hurty.

Sprintrunwalkjog ~3.5km ~20mins

swiss ball ham curls x 10
    squat stretches x lots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

The both of your logs make for depressing reading. I hope I never injure myself to the point I have to resort to zumba, jazzercise and yogging. I think I'd sooner shoot myself*

*sorry I can't be positive about it. I'm an emo.

token wrote: »
    The both of your logs make for depressing reading. I hope I never injure myself to the point I have to resort to zumba, jazzercise and yogging. I think I'd sooner shoot myself*

Right, message received. I'll do some squatting later.

Yep my advice is to make sure you don't injure yourself to the point of it being months on months end. I'm slowly getting back into a "proper" gym, little by little next month. I don't even think I remember how to snatch. Gymfreak's log is much more interesting, go there but don't spread any emoness.

Not injuring yourself is good advice indeed ;) I wish someone had told me that back in December!

Snatch pulls: up to 55kg for three threes (from ground today, warmed up from 15kg, increased in fives)
    Good mornings: up to 45kg for few threes
    RDLs: 35kg for fives
    Few double unders, few chins (threes and fours)
    Stretched
    Swiss ball Hamsandwich curls 3 x 10

• Advertisement

Sunday: Pilates

Monday: 3km sprintrunwalkjog 18mins. I could have gone faster with a bear chasing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

Few double unders

Your rope is crap. I can't stand the only semi-elite display capable with it.

Your rope is crap. I can't stand the only semi-elite display capable with it.
    A **** workman blames the tools. You're a tool. ;)

Zumba and kettlebell swings (21s with 20kg) and manic spring cleaning. All this extra cardio seems to be giving me a hell of a lot more energy. It's a vicious cycle. I think I'm beginning to understand gymfreak's log :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Zumba and kettlebell swings (21s with 20kg) and manic spring cleaning. All this extra cardio seems to be giving me a hell of a lot more energy. It's a vicious cycle. I think I'm beginning to understand gymfreak's log :)

:pac::pac::pac: ...So just as I start to give up all my cardio-edness...you seem to be taking it up!!

gymfreak wrote: »
    :pac::pac::pac: ...So just as I start to give up all my cardio-edness...you seem to be taking it up!!

Six weeks of zumba, running and pilates is my version of periodization while my wrist heals :pac:. I'm hoping to make myself too tired to consider weightlifting!
    You keep doing what you're doing. Cardio makes a weightlifter slow! :P

Zumba zumba zumba!
    ...and a bit of stretching..

Cardio makes a weightlifter slow! :P

Tommy, is that you?:P Haha, what he must think of all your zumbing and sprunning.

howtomake wrote: »
    Tommy, is that you?:P Haha, what he must think of all your zumbing and sprunning.

He's delighted I'm keeping up my fitness! (He doesn't know)

Runwalksprint. ~3.5km, ~22mins
    Apparently I reached 25kmph during sprints. A work in progress.

• Advertisement

(He doesn't know)
    Smart girl. What he doesn't know won't hurt him, no use in rocking any boats that don't need to be.

Zumba & kb swings (hardstyle, 20kg x 21 x 3) & more zumba and swiss ball hamsandwich curls x 10 x 3

Wow. That is waay more cardio than a weightlifter ever needs to do in a lifetime let alone one afternoon. Fun though! :D
    I think this evening's/ tomorrow's training will be eating all the food!

Zumba

Broom handle snatch, backsquat 55kg x5, Zumba, glute calisthenics, pilates, swiss ball hamsandwich curls, kettlebell swings, stretching.

Glutes in bits sore from calisthenics yesterday :D wheee! :):):)

Today was going to be a rest but you don't really need rest from cardio so while I was hanging around between bootcamps, alone in a hall filled with workout toys, I started messing with the kettlebells. Not much structure, just random swinging and pressing and whatnot. Towards the end, I did a sort of kettlebell ladder. 7.5kg, 12kg, 16kg, 3 clean and press each arm with each of the kbs (16kg was one strict press, 2 push presses, rest were strict). I did that about three times. Then I did a clean and press with each kettlebell each arm and 3 squats with the kettlebell held up over my head. I did that about three times too. Strange how flexible I was in that position in my cons. Ankles were not an issue at all. I shouldn't be strong and stable in that position. Me confuse :confused: but happy. I'll take it!:D Ramble ramble ramble...
    Oh, and more glute calisthenics today but at a slightly lazier pace.

I'm going to get ahead of myself and log tomorrow's stuff now: running, zumba, pilates, calisthenics and probably a big long walk and a cycle too if it's not raining too bad. My muscles have fallen off just writing that!

Yesterday: 7km walk

Today: Light jog ~5.7km, ~36mins

Vague plans of zumba and pilates later

Same light jog as last day, 2 mins faster. Bit more pep today. Ankles didn't explode.

Ankles didn't explode.

Cankles:p

howtomake wrote: »
    Cankles:p

I kinda wish I had cankles instead of my wispy girl ankles that don't like running!

• Advertisement

straight after run, 1 hour of zumba. Lunch then hopefully cardiofest will continue!

Advertisement