Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 Cooking Club Week 10: Paella

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Hey OP!

just wondering how important it is to have saffron in the dish?
    can i substitute something else for it?

great recipe btw ive been looking for a good recipe for paella :)

Hey

I always use Saffron when I am making this, but as other poster said they subbed turmeric and it was grand! Saffron gives it a great colour, but turmeric will do similar, and the chorizo oils add great colour anyhow. Hope you enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

Loopy wrote: »
    Ok now I have a serious pain in my .... with this thread

:pac:

Loopy, you are just bold. :pac:

So I made this again. I got a proper paella pan recently and just couldn't resist. This is the way I had it served before in Spain. It's so gilded that you can't actually see the rice...

picture.php?albumid=1732&pictureid=11382

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Going to make this soon, it looks savage.

Anyone know where to buy a good Paella pan???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Davexirl wrote: »
    Anyone know where to buy a good Paella pan???

You'll get one in Stock, Kitchen Complements, BT, Arnott's - anywhere like that. Or if you know anyone going to Spain any time soon, ask them to get one for you, it'll be much cheaper.

Btw, squeezing the juice of a full lemon into paella just before serving really lifts the whole dish, I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bigronnie9

made this saturday as was having people over, very tasty I have to admit, usually i find paella abit bland... once this was ready i bunged it in the slow cooker to keep warm and threw the precooked prawns in about a half hour before serving to heat them, turned out lovely!

Thanks for the recipe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Been a long time since I followed this recipe (or had paella in general!) but I currently have it cooking for tonight's dinner!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Made this last night for dinner. As beautiful as ever although I think I may have put a little too much oil in the pan at the beginning which slightly changed the overall texture a little bit. It was also the first time I made the recipe with the full quantities, all the other times I halved the ingredients. So lots leftover for dinner tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

I got some beautiful baby squid from Gannet in Ballybane (also in the Galway market on a Sat) so am ready to try this. I think I will just griddle pan the squid and put them in at the very last minute. They work really well on the griddle. pop up to full size in a couple of seconds.
    I will put a paella pan on my wish list.

Advertisement