Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHELTENHAM - DAY 1: Tuesday 15th March

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,012 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Just under €140 up today, €19 of that thanks to the other half with her picking Captain Chris.

I had two 50 cent each way accumulators put on

Al Ferof 1st
    Realt Dubh 3rd
    Reve De Sivola 2nd
    Peddler's Cross 2nd
    Garde Champetre 2nd
    Quevega 1st

and

Spirit Son 2nd
    Finian's Rainbow 2nd
    Hurricane Fly 1st
    Garde Champetre 2nd
    Quevega 1st

Happy enough anyways!

Would have had Divers in both of them, but my mate gave me the tip after i had put my bets on! some tipster!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Complete noob when it comes to betting but I had Cue card each way in the 1.30 in Boyles sport and I was told sometimes to pay out for up to 4th, any chance of getting any money back?

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Complete noob when it comes to betting but I had Cue card each way in the 1.30 in Boyles sport and I was told sometimes to pay out for up to 4th, any chance of getting any money back?

Thanks,

not in this race im afraid, bookies only payout 4 places on handicap races with 16+ runners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Mr.Conners

Got to love Cheltenham :)

Well done to all, some fabulous bets today. Hopefully we will have a prosperous week ahead of us. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭dodzy

dotsflan wrote: »
    not in this race im afraid, bookies only payout 4 places on handicap races with 16+ runners
    Normally yes.... But I'm sure that one of the bookies adverts in the racing post today were giving a 4th place on one race, I think the first ( with less than the norm 16 ) . Left the rag in the pub so cannot be 100%.

One things for sure..... Spoilsports should be ashamed. Big F.O add in the post stating 2nd place finishers in the first 4 races get refunded. Then the poxy t&c small print comes into effect. " only applies to phone and online bets " at the very bottom of a full size page of print in a REALLY small font !!!! :mad: feckem I say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Nothing better than hearing those stories about the winning bets, after the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Supreme Novices - Al Ferof e/w
    Arkle - Medermit
    Stewart Family Handicap - Reve De Sivola e/w
    Champion Hurdle - Peddlers Cross (NAP)
    Cross Country Chase- Garde Champetre
    Mares Hurlde - Sparky May
    Centenary Novies - Divers e/w

Great day of picking. All only for small stakes but paid for the week :)

What odds day 2 getting anywhere near it!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Nothing better than hearing those stories about the winning bets, after the race.
    To be fair most people posted their bets before the race's. Some obviously had no access to boards today so only can post after the fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,012 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Well now they couldn't be winning bets before the race :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭dodzy

Well now they couldn't be winning bets before the race :D

Pmsl :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

In the interests of refuting the 'after-timing' accusation and proving I did indeed turn a sad little profit today :D

5529943837_0444c2c028.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭POINTBREAK

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

dotsflan wrote: »

Bet365 were paying 4 places in this race. Think skybet were also but none of the high street bookies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭Soarer

Up €110 after laying out €40. Biggest bet was €10 @ 8/1 double on Hurricane and Quivena. Everything was €3 e/w bets.

Ruby was the man today. Gonna keep backing him me thinks. Shouldn't put me too far wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

To be fair most people posted their bets before the race's. Some obviously had no access to boards today so only can post after the fact.

I'd be one of those with no access to boards earlier. I had my best betting day for a long time(not a big stakes gambler).

I had 5e win bets on Captain Chris(8/1) and Divers(10/1).
    Had 68e(2 seperate bets 50e and 18e) on Quevega at evens and 11/10(my biggest bet ever on a horse but thought it was a certainty).

Also got place money on Carols Legacy and Sprinter Sacre.

Came close with peddlars and garde champetre(win bet only) and landed a small acc.

Think i'm up over 200e. Delighted. Should probably stop but bring on day 2. Would be delighted to break even tomorrow but who knows. Once again apologies for aftertiming.

I've posted some of my early bets for tomorrow on the DAY 2 thread so you can watch them fail with me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭TheQueen

Up 327 after starting off with 60 this morning.
    Had a great win in the 2.05, then lost the run of myself a bit with later bets.
    Great first day................Roll on the rest of the week:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

We hate after-timing....its a sin and you will go to hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭decies

Four second places today arrgh and the one ew I had fell, but I had a 5 on quevega lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I'm up a wee bit too.

Had a 10,000 accum on Captain Chris and Quevega and Bensalem.

Lost a tenner on Cue Card though,ragin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

UrbanSea wrote: »
    I'm up a wee bit too.

Had a 10,000 accum on Captain Chris and Quevega and Bensalem.

Lost a tenner on Cue Card though,ragin.

me sarcasometer is broke... really?

edit- you mean you bet 10k on such an accum... of course its a joke. to be fair, it's plausible that you won it in an accum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

me sarcasometer is broke... really?

edit- you mean you bet 10k on such an accum... of course its a joke. to be fair, it's plausible that you won it in an accum!

Haha,nay,did not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

speaking of crazy accums... is paddypowers max payout limited to 1mil for accums, lucky63's etc?

it's not 100% clear to me from here: http://www.paddypower.com/iframe/content_terms_popup_en.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

im up a tidy sum after yesterday. hurricaine fly was one of my winners but i had a nice few bob on drivers in the last and that really was the icing on the cake

Advertisement