Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in Laois

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 rachel101

• Registered Users Posts: 1 terryten

hi ,

My family are new to portlaoise , our toddler is obsessed with ducks but we cant find any ponds or parks etc in portlaoise..does anyone know where we can find one ...we dont drive atm so the closer to town the better,

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

At the entrance to esker hills,on the ridge road,is a large pond thingy :) loads of ducks on it everyday.

Also there used to be ducks on the river that runs through the town park which is on the new road.

Might not be of much help but worth a look :)

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

terryten wrote: »
    hi ,

My family are new to portlaoise , our toddler is obsessed with ducks but we cant find any ponds or parks etc in portlaoise..does anyone know where we can find one ...we dont drive atm so the closer to town the better,

There are ducks (and water fowl) on the lake in Glen Downs on the Stradbally Road. It's an estate but it's also a public road so I can't see that it would be a problem for anyone to drop by for a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭bozharry

Hi, looking to join a badminton club in Portlaoise or nearby, any details or contacts welcome!
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

bozharry wrote: »
    Hi, looking to join a badminton club in Portlaoise or nearby, any details or contacts welcome!
    Thanks
    No details but there used to be one in the evenings in the new school on the Mountrath road. Also one in abbeyleix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭bozharry

Thanks, but the one in the college is a six week class on the rules of badminton! Can't find any info on abbeyleix. Will keep looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tcobbe

Hi, think I can help you out on finding a badminton club. There are clubs in Abbeyleix, Portarlington and Mountmellick. Most of these will stop for the summer but its still worth chasing it up now. If you're intrested pm me and I'l get contact details for you.

Advertisement