Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bassist in Dublin City seeks rock band

Options
  • 07-03-2011 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I have seven years of experience playing guitar, playing a few gigs here and there but now I have switched to playing bass and I'm looking for a rock band to play in, in around the ages of 18-26.

I'm influenced by Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, The Raconteurs, The Black Keys, Queens of the Stone Age, and a variety of blues guitarists, as well as countless other bands. ;) I'm quite flexible in the style of rock/blues/hard rock the band plays, and I can pick up songs quickly.

I'm located in Phibsboro in Dublin 7, but I'm willing to travel (bear in mind that travelling will be done by bus).

I've previously played lead guitar and vocals in blues/rock bands covering Jimi Hendrix, The Black Keys, Pearl Jam, Queens of the Stone Age etc. as well as playing some originals.

So, if your looking for a rock bass player with a lot of playing experience and who can provide backing vocals, drop me a PM or comment on this thread.

Cheers,
    Dan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭super hands

pmd

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭100cormacio100

pmd

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Pawsome54

Listen buddy, you sound perfect for my band. I'm gonna send you a pm right now, you can read the forum i posted yesterday here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056203386

I didn't wanna post this in me own forum cos i don't like to boast, but my band have done some seriously big stuff in the past, and are gonna do a lot of even bigger stuff in the future. We played Oxegen 2009 on the IMRO stage, we've opened for all of Irelands top acts (Republic of Loose, Aslan, the Dubliners, Coronas etc. but don't think we're anything like these guys, we're a real rock band, none of this pop messin about just to try and get famous.), our managers dad runs MCD (the biggest music promotion company in Ireland, so not a bad aul' contact...).

Listen I'll square with ya, I've had a lot of people showin interest in playin bass with me band, but you're influences are spot on, ya provide backing vocals, you've previous experience, you wanna play real rock bass (rock/blues/hard rock) , you're into Zeppelin and Hendrix... Basically buddy I want ya in me band.

I'll send ya a pm straight away and let ya know the craic,

Really hope to hear from you soon.

Paul Morrin

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Alright man, take a look at my thread here, looking for a bass player for my band.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056187103

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Danmcp90

Hey guys, thanks to everyone who has responded to the ad. Have to say I'm pretty blown away by the level of the response. I'm gonna try get around to a few of you guys, maybe have a jam, and see which band would best suit my style and which band I think I could contribute most to.
    Thanks again,
    Dan

• Advertisement
Advertisement