Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Browser

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    Windows IE9 is microsoft browser which mainly only compatible with PCs and XBOX or XBOX 360 elite or normal but IE 9 microsoft have annouced that only work on vista windows 7 users.

IE compatible with Xbox 360?! Xbox doesn't feature any sort of internet browser!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

is when general users firefox or chome leave its on defaults setup and hasnt got a clue really how to change their default setup of firefox or chome.

And this one of defaults setups which i called duplication

But by default firefox bad download option which go striaght downloads folder all the time general user hasnt really got a clue where the downloads folder really is, also when firefox downloads software in2 downloads folder and that has same name idenity code last 1 it'll create duplicate of same software in downloads folder & those duplicates keep growing & growing eventually duplicates fill up your harddrive. And chome has same similar effect too. I see happen many times because Im my job is Computer repairman and ive fixed many computers with same problems many times.

is when general users firefox or chome leave its on defaults setup and hasnt got a clue really how to change their default setup of firefox or chome.

And this one of defaults setups which i called duplication

But by default firefox bad download option which go striaght downloads folder all the time general user hasnt really got a clue where the downloads folder really is, also when firefox downloads software in2 downloads folder and that has same name idenity code last 1 it'll create duplicate of same software in downloads folder & those duplicates keep growing & growing eventually duplicates fill up your harddrive. And chome has same similar effect too. I see happen many times because Im my job is Computer repairman and ive fixed many computers with same problems many times.

I can see how that could become a problem if someone was repeatedly downloading DVD-ISOs of Ubuntu all day

i was mainly talking about IE9 not others IE browsers

i was mainly talking about IE9 not others IE browsers

My bad :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,902 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lads is there any thing like firefox adblock plus on opera ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

There is an adblocker on Opera IIRC, if you go to the Opera Extension page (they do extensions now), do a search and you'll find.

I like Opera and Chrome but always come back to Firefox. I've 60 odd extensions and rarely a bother. Install a session history type extension and you can easily restore anyway.

Apparently the status bar is replaced by an add on bar in FF 4 which is putting me off.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Well best Browsers are Opera, firefox, thunderbird, chrome and safari

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

None of the adblockers for Opera work properly unfortunately. I remember now, after a day of using Opera 11 why I stopped using it a few years back. pity, as it's a great browser otherwise. There are a few other niggly problems and no auto-pager but I'm going to give it another week and see can I cope with ads (probably not).

Firefox 3.6.15 is still most recent Firefox and

Firefox4 is still a Beta so is still trial version of Firefox4, Also Firefox 3.6.15 just came out today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Firefox 3.6.15 is still most recent Firefox and

Firefox4 is still a Beta so is still trial version of Firefox4, Also Firefox 3.6.15 just came out today.

(Good lord less of the <b> tags please!)

3.6.15 came out nearly a week ago.

Also the RC of 4 is 'officially' up for downloading today (only in en-us though.). I've been using Iron (updated today to 10) and having no problems at all.

I'm still going to update FF to 4 to see what it's like. But if it's still a bloaty mess then I'm going to stick with Iron. I'm fickle like that.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/RC/

How come it says on their website Firefox4 is coming soon. and i only receive update for Firefox 3.6.15 for my XP computer 2day

How come it says on their website Firefox4 is coming soon. and i only receive update for Firefox 3.6.15 for my XP computer 2day

Because every time I open the browser it's like a nervous tick for me to check for any updates.

Yeah according to this it was March 4th

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases

IE 9 is only available to vista and windows 7 users and they're only normally most have vista and windows 7 are home users most business, schools and colleges still are Xps users in Ireland and going have take them into account too.

Microsoft already announced IE9 is only available to vista and windows 7 users only not XPs users

Where I work its is also still windows XP.

IE 9 is only available to vista and windows 7 users and they're only normally most have vista and windows 7 are home users most business, schools and colleges still are Xps users in Ireland and going have take them into account too.

Microsoft already announced IE9 is only available to vista and windows 7 users only not XPs users

Where I work its is also still windows XP.

Which is slowly being phased out by MS.

I'm finding it very hard to trace any new pieces of hardware (laptops or desktops) with a downgrade disk for XP.

Looks like support is going to stop in 2014. So we have until then.

http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?LN=en-gb&C2=1173

Has anyone tried the Kick Ass (asteroids) extension for Opera? It alone almost makes it worth using the browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭James G

Has anyone tried the Kick Ass (asteroids) extension for Opera? It alone almost makes it worth using the browser.
    I used the kick ass bookmarklet in firefox and thought it was pretty fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭MASTER...of the bra

What does it do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Does anybody else use Pale Moon or is it just me? :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

i think firefox went to hell after 1.7. the restore session thing being 1 of the biggest pain in the tits i've ever seen as a feature.

opera has too many features in it for my liking.

i just want a simple browser to browse. will check out the browsers mentioned in op to see what they are like.

• Advertisement

What does it do?

It gives you a little asteroids-style ship which you can drive around the screen and shoot anything you like with, such as posts you disagree with :D

Adyx wrote: »
    Does anybody else use Pale Moon or is it just me? :o

Tried it for a while, found it a bit quicker, but the KeyScrambler addon wasn't working with it. It's a good add on for extra security so I prefer to have it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Overheal wrote: »
    My brother still sleeps around with IE7. I keep telling him to go with her younger sister NOT because he should always be into younger and younger girl... but because 8 is safer, smarter, a multi-tasker. Shame she can't still cook but.

...and now he's eyeing IE9 and she's barely legal?!

http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/

It's Miley Cyrus all over gain.
    http://deviantos-tans.deviantart.com/#/d2r8i7h

K-9 wrote: »
    Tried it for a while, found it a bit quicker, but the KeyScrambler addon wasn't working with it. It's a good add on for extra security so I prefer to have it.
    Strange that an add-on wouldn't work like that, there must be bigger differences between PM and Firefox than I thought. I don't notice a huge speed difference on my main desktop computer but on my netbook it's wonderful. even with 1GB RAM Firefox was taking an age to load whereas PM is fully up and running in just a few seconds.

Could well be fixed by now but you just aren't going to get the level of updates FF throw out, especially from now on. FF are going the Chrome route of more frequent updates and higher numbers!

K-9 wrote: »
    Could well be fixed by now but you just aren't going to get the level of updates FF throw out, especially from now on. FF are going the Chrome route of more frequent updates and higher numbers!
    Yeah I know. I might switch back to FF on my desktop, especially since FF4 is out (more or less) but Pale Moon will be staying on my netbook. I don't mind Opera too much and use it on my phone but I absolutely detest Chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

Internet Explorer is the best browser available

I am currently using version 9 and I find it very fast and stable

I have used Firefox, Chrome and Safari in the past and was very disappointed with all of them. Of the three, Safari was, by far, the worst. I also find it very annoying that Apple tries to install it every time they send out an update for iTunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭James G

jahalpin wrote: »
    Internet Explorer is the best browser available

I am currently using version 9 and I find it very fast and stable
    Do you mind explaining why you feel that way? Internet Explorer 9 is a huge improvement over the previous browsers, but it still has a long way to go standards and performance wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Chrome is my go-to browser. I like its speed and clutterless display.
    Safari is growing on me, again nice and clean.

I cant stand firefox. I have tried using it for weeks at a time on various laptops and pc's but It just doesn't stick with me.

Opera and Flock make up the rest of the pile

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭colm21

The best web browsers that I have used are Firefox, Google Chrome & Opera. IE is the most hijacked browser your more likely to get a virus plus I find it can be very slow at times.

Advertisement