Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wierd things your cats eat.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Chillies. :rolleyes:

One of ours robs them from the vegetable basket, plays with them for a while and then chews them. Bizarre.... I wonder if they're naturally immune to the chilli heat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

My old boy loved:
    • Curry - the hotter, the better!
    • Jerk Chicken
    • Spaghetti with King Prawns and garlic
    • Anything spicy
    • Oh - and Madeira cake!!

He was also a ham lover and was VERY picky which ham he'd deign to eat. Loved Denny's and Lidl's. HATED Tesco's own make - used to spit it out! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Cats are really smell driven so if it smells good to them they'll eat it. Researchers have also shown that cats appear to gravitate towards foods that contain vital amino acids and will naturally self-regulate a balance of carbohydrate, protein and fat if free fed.

My lot aren't big food moochers, but they'll thieve peculiar things.

Turbo Diesel loves the smell of a chocolate wrapper. She won't eat chocolate, but will come running from the other room if she hears a cadbury creme egg being unwrapped - we scrunch the foil in a ball and she bats it around the floor until she loses it under the couch.

Eric will wrap both paws around your wrist to derail a spoonful of weetbix and milk en route from bowl to mouth.

Believe it or not my cats aren't interested in roast chicken.

Frank WILL however (and this drives me mental) climb up on the kitchen counter to lick butter. A block left out of the fridge, in its wrapper, to soften, isn't safe unless a bowl is put over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Our boy does have very strange taste.

He loves the following:

Chickpeas
    peas
    sweetcorn
    pasta/noodles
    beansprouts
    cheese - crazy for it
    cakes - especially muffins, if you're holding one in your hand he'll take a bite when you're not looking
    any othe human food that looks interesting at the time

His favourite thing in the world is chicken, he's obsessed with it. However, his favourite chicken is spicy chicken. The spicier the better! If we get takeaway from the Malaysian place you have to give him his own little bowl of chicken with some noodles or he will not leave you alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

My old boy loved:
    • Curry - the hotter, the better!
    • Jerk Chicken
    • Spaghetti with King Prawns and garlic
    • Anything spicy
    • Oh - and Madeira cake!!

He was also a ham lover and was VERY picky which ham he'd deign to eat. Loved Denny's and Lidl's. HATED Tesco's own make - used to spit it out! :D

My parents old cat (now sadly in kitty heaven) was like that with ham too. Mum bought him some when she did the weekly shop but it had to be Deli ham. He didn't like the crap stuff. If ham was even a day past its use by date he wouldn't touch it, even though it smelled grand to us.

Cats are awesome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

My scribble loves a bit of ham, though yes, it has to be fresh!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 hogeybear

Noodles used to love Meanies crisps. She'd be drooliing all over ya to get a smell of the crisp wrapper!! She'd ate the onions outta curries, and'd do backflips for doublemint gum. Rubbin' her face in the gummy mess until she was dehydrated from spittle loss. She'd even pick it off the road. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Heroditas

On the first page, I stated that one of our cats likes crisps, any crisps. I would like to apologize for lying. She eats any crisps apart from Pringles. In fact, she turns her nose up at them! Gas little thing.

The other female like eating avocados. We can't leave them in the fruit bowl because she'll grab them in her mouth, drop them on the floor and gnaw on them. Then she realizes she doesn't like them and I end up moping up green pools of sick. :mad:

They also like mash.

Oh and Rocky (male cat) like Kellogg's Special K. I caught him with his head in the bowl the other morning munching away at them. this was when I turned my back for two seconds to get some milk for them. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Carbonara is our guy's newest thing. He seems to just love spaghetti!

And prawn crackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

One of my cat loves peppers he actually picks the peppers over rhe meat and he is called Pepper :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement