Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late Late Show : 4th March 2011

• 04-03-2011 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, I pulled this from a UK site, but I think it's accurate... unless the auld enemy is deliberately trying to put me wrong.. :(
    The stars of The Commitments will be reunited on The Late Late Show to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the film and the upcoming reunion tour. Almost all of the original group will be joining Ryan on the show - Glen Hansard, Angeline Ball, Robert Arkins, Bronagh Gallagher and Andrew Strong. The Commitments' author Roddy Doyle will also be joining the cast on the show as they reminisce about making what is undoubtedly one of Ireland's best loved films. Ryan will also be asking the cast about how they feel about performing their first full gig since the film was made. They will also be performing two of their biggest hits from the film live on the show.

Also performing on The Late Late Show tomorrow are hugely successful Manchester band Elbow, who will be performing their new single Neat Little Rows ahead of the release their fifth album Build A Rocket Boys! Plus Irish actor Colin O'Donoghue talks to Ryan about making his film debut alongside Hollywood legend Anthony Hopkins in the new supernatural thriller The Rite and how he feels about being touted as the new Colin Farrell.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

Two great musical acts

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Rumour has it that Ryan Tubridy might put in an appearance on tonights show.

But I don't believe it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,594 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Colin O' Donoghue :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 LMColl

Yes I believe it's accurate. Tubridy I think mentioned during the week on twitter that The Commitments would be on.
    Going to be a great show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I don't know anything about Elbow or Colin O'Donoghue.

I know about the Commitments (book and film) and Roddy Doyle though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 BLVD

It's about time they got something interested on, it was gone so so ****e!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

r3nu4l wrote: »
    I don't know anything about Elbow or Colin O'Donoghue.

So it could be said you dont know your Colin O'Donoghue from your Elbow... :D... thank you, here all week.. boom boom..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

I'll definetley be watching the LLS tonight if the cast of the commitments are on brilliant film i rember when it was first released and when it came out on vidio i watched it a million times and still do one of the best irish films ever love it:):):) Id say that new film [the rite] with Anthony hopkins and Colin O' Donoghue would be pretty good have to see that all in favour say I...
    [im not lookin for a date no really im not really]:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Tubs talking to Northsiders, this will be fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Who's this weeks mystery illness guest??

mystery_man.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I wonder will joey the lips be on it? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 mistyd

Yes, should be good.. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Colmo52 wrote: »
    Who's this weeks mystery illness guest??

I have it on good authority that tonight is a suicide night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

mikom wrote: »
    I have it on good authority that tonight is a suicide night.

For the viewers or the guests?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

For the viewers or the guests?

Chattin' to one bereaved parent I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

mikom wrote: »
    Chattin' to one bereaved parent I know.
    Oh God, this is going to be seriously depressing :( There was a couple on last season's programme talking about their children and I read a few weeks back that one of the children passed away. I wonder is it them, it was a really tragic case :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

The Commitments should be good fun, O wait I forgot Tubridy will make a balls of it and turn it into a borfest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

I know I'm probably in the minority here but I think the Commitments thing has gone past it's sell by date and seems like they're just another act that are re-forming to try to wring as much money and publicity out of it for themselves to revive flagging careers (I know Maria D. K has been acting and singing but haven't seen much of the others)
    I liked the music well enough when the film came out but that's what, 20 years ago? time to retire it and move on I think. So between that and the utterly depressing suicide spot not much for me to-night :(

Still, have my knitting to do anyway so... :p RTE!

Greentopia wrote: »
    Still, have my knitting to do anyway so... :p RTE!
    Knitting .......what are you knitting????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I believe knitting has got very fashionable these days.

People meeting up for a "stitch and b1tch" :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Tubs will be in bad form. First show since his beloved FF got their asses handed to them last week.

amdublin wrote: »

amdublin, if you, Greentopia and I got a boardies knitting club started, we could knit a nice jumper, stocky cap and scarf especially for Tubs, he could model them on the night of the Toy Show...

amdublin wrote: »

how do I join? sounds like fun to me :D

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Knitting .......what are you knitting????

As amdublin correctly says knitting is indeed fashionable. Has been for a few years now. Get with the programme MrsD007! :p

TBH I don't care much about fashion I just love knitting. I make a little money from it and it's a hobby too that keeps me in handmade beautiful clothes. Jumpers, scarves, gloves, socks, lace shawls, hats everything.

<
    Knitting club.

This is the LLS thread. Serious discussion only*.

*Which means laugh at DLB and his wonderful interviewing skills.

casio4 wrote: »
    how do I join? sounds like fun to me :D

There's lots of them in Dublin. If you're serious join Ravelry.com-knitting and crocheting website -over 1 million members worldwide baby! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Evening all!

I'm not knitting jumpers........but I am drinking vodka.

Bottoms Up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

As amdublin correctly says knitting is indeed fashionable. Has been for a few years now. Get with the programme MrsD007! :p

TBH I don't care much about fashion I just love knitting. I make a little money from it and it's a hobby too that keeps me in handmade beautiful clothes. Jumpers, scarves, gloves, socks, lace shawls, hats everything.

so, knitting, have you any irish cousins?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Fair dues to ya.

We have a lady like that living down the road, she drops up cardies etc., for the kids once a month. It's actually quite thoughtful of her, so we keep her in sherry.

Anyway, the Late Late... I predict the usual, as have others (the oul have ya any irish in ya shtick, dead relatives, and how hard it is to live with life changing illness or turmoil), nice happy stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭bhovaspack

BTW ladies and gents, don't forget the double feature; #vinb will be on later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Evening all!

Bottoms Up!

Cheers Diddler!

Evening all!

Bottoms Up!

Evening Diddler. I am knitting therefore I can't drink. They don't mix. Ask me how I know :(

Oh gawd, I'm going to watch Tubs sober :eek:

Oh gawd, I'm going to watch Tubs sober :eek:

ryan-tubridy.jpg

I was joking I can't knit :o but stitch & b1tch sounds like so much fun could i just b1tch without the stitch :eek:

• Advertisement

Evening all!

Bottoms Up!
    I'm as sick as a small hospital tonight so I'm knocking back the hot whiskeys. Mr D not impressed as I opened a bottle fo Middleton to make the first one. I'm a wine drinker so I had no idea that you don't make hot whiskeys using Middleton.

In the doghouse now, he is seriously unimpressed :(

I'm a wine drinker so I had no idea that you don't make hot whiskeys using Middleton.

:eek:

ryan-tubridy.jpg

Jeez, Colmo, please stop bringing this picture into my life ;)

casio4 wrote: »
    I was joking I can't knit :o but stitch & b1tch sounds like so much fun could i just b1tch without the stitch :eek:

Then learn, it's not hard, honest :) not so much b1tching goes on really, more like a knit & natter really.

Ok, that's my PR for knitting done today. On with the show!

Jeez, Colmo, please stop bringing this picture into my life ;)

:( Sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

I'm loading up with grog and ready to go. What muppets are lined up tonight?

I'm as sick as a small hospital tonight so I'm knocking back the hot whiskeys. Mr D not impressed as I opened a bottle fo Middleton to make the first one. I'm a wine drinker so I had no idea that you don't make hot whiskeys using Middleton.

In the doghouse now, he is seriously unimpressed :(

Mrs D you need to stay sober for your phone call with DLB later!!! :mad:

Grrr *shakes fist" why you little alcoholic you

..........It's the DLB Show!

ryan-tubridy.jpg

That image always reminds me of Dr. Teeth from the Muppet Show, if he were beardless, and dressed in the style of a 1950s national school teacher from Connacht.

Derfil wrote: »
    I'm loading up with grog and ready to go. What muppets are lined up tonight?

That's the spirit of positivity I love from boardsies on the LLS thread :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 DFW

just opened a cold one and am going to join you all for my first LLS bit of fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

Good night. I'm off.

Comedy from The Nualas?

Well that doesn't add up :confused:

DFW wrote: »
    just opened a cold one and am going to join you all for my first LLS bit of fun

Welcome DFW!

"He don' sing loike a prick."

• Advertisement
Advertisement