Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen Ireland - an utter twat

Options
  • 04-03-2011 2:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2011/0304/1224291281248.html

New interview with this plonker.

Some rousing quotes:

The Newcastle midfielder, who last represented Ireland in September 2007, said he had “better things to do” than play for Ireland, labelled Trapattoni “the most arrogant man” he has met, and added he would rather shoot himself than live in Cork.

I hope he is welcomed back with equivalent gusto next time he visits Ballincollig.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

In a nutshell - My hair fell out so I hate the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Lauder wrote: »
    he would rather shoot himself than live in Cork.

Lol.
    What a line to come out with.
    Dublin maybe, but Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The lad's finally speaking sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Ireland is reaping what it sowed,” he said. “We built blocks of flats just for the sake of it and now there’s no one inside them. It cost huge amounts of money and nobody is in a position to pay.

deep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

deep.

But correct.

Nate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

But correct.

Nate

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

deep.

Its amazing how someone can ask a idiot like that his opinion on property economics!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 galwayboss

what a complete and utter gobshi+e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

Troubled little man can f*ck himself.

He's no Irish man.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Its amazing how someone can ask a idiot like that his opinion on property economics!

Do you disagree with him? Not surprised he was asked to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

But correct.

Nate

yes. two years later. what'll he come out with next? colonel ghadaffi is a bad leader and lybians should rise up someday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭pvt6zh395dqbrj

Here is my poem about Steven Ireland

Stevie! My boy Stevie!

Do you live in hopeful dream?

Arise young Stevie Arise!

Brilliant shades of everglades

A passing of erstwhile spring!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

he would rather shoot himself than live in Cork.[/I]

Can't stand the tosser either, but I can see what he means there.

I'd feel the same way myself.

Cork - Fúck that place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Somebody was not hugged enough as a child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

I like stephen Ireland. Good player but speaks his mind. Doesn't just pull the party line as they say. Good on him for speaking his mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭whiteboy

what a legend he is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Most ludicrous tattoo I have ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

He is an absolute Jackass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Here is my poem about Steven Ireland

Stevie! My boy Stevie!

Do you live in hopeful dream?

Arise young Stevie Arise!

Brilliant shades of everglades

A passing of erstwhile spring!

I don't know any Steven Irelands?

I do agree with this Stephen Ireland chap though.

*thread needs more land rover and pool table, paging xavi*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    I like stephen Ireland. Good player but speaks his mind. Doesn't just pull the party line as they say. Good on him for speaking his mind.

He doesn't know his mind well enough to speak it, his next interview will completely contradict this one and he hasn't been a good player for nearly two seasons now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

KeithAFC wrote: »

one note larry in with his obvious troll being obvious, I see.

all is well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭pvt6zh395dqbrj

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    I don't know any Steven Irelands?

I do agree with this Stephen Ireland chap though.

*thread needs more land rover and pool table, paging xavi*

Why you gotta hate on a brother?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Haruki

Decent footballer.....but very much an oddball.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Stephen is obviously getting worried that people are forgetting about him, so out he comes with this little gem to keep him in the news again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

New interview with this plonker.

Some rousing quotes:

The Newcastle midfielder, who last represented Ireland in September 2007, said he had “better things to do” than play for Ireland, labelled Trapattoni “the most arrogant man” he has met, and added he would rather shoot himself than live in Cork.

I hope he is welcomed back with equivalent gusto next time he visits Ballincollig.

he's from Cobh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I don't know Stephen personally. I've met him in passing few times and know people who worked with him for several years. Man city signed him as a teenager despite knowing he wouldn't play competitive football at any level for well over a year because of a genetic growth disorder which meant his bones grew too quick for the rest of his body, this left the lad in extreme pain for about 2 years from 15 to 17 years old. On top of that City knew he needed a lot of extra help, part of his training regime, even as a youth, involved about 8 hours a week with a counselor, his home life wasn't exactly amazing. His auld pair are still both under the age of 40, he is 24. He grew up in a poor home, no wonder he doesn't like cork.

In 2007, in Slovakia, he asked to leave the irish camp saying there was a death in his family, his girlfriend had had a late term miscarriage, they were both devastated. The FAI didn't ask him who died, somewhere along the line wires were crossed and the granny thing came up... He never told the FAI his granny died, they just jumped to a conclusion, when it was put to him his granny was still alive after the FAI press release he panicked and said it was his other granny. He was 21, had just lost a child, was mourning with his partner and panicked, on top of that he was the the middle of dealing with other personal issues. The FAI let him hang rather than try protect him, as they should have, the irish media made a villain out of him and the bar stool gob****e public lapped it up... So he decided 'feck that, they can get stuffed'. And I agree with him...

Later. He expressed to the irish setup, specifically Liam Brady, through his teammates at man city, he wanted to come back.

Trapatoni told the media he had talked to him 3 times before he ever bothered to phone the lad. Then when he eventually phoned him he spun him some **** about how they couldn't make it look like the FAI was backing down and stephen would have to make a public appeal to be selected, this despite Ireland being far and away the most on form Irish player in the premiership at the time.
    He said he didn't appreciate being used in a PR campaign and if Trapatoni was serious he should just call him up, he'd be available.

Trapatoni and the FAI lied for another few ,months without talking to him again before admitting he wasn't going to come back.

He ****ed up... That much is ture. But the FAI ****ed up even more and Then the FAI and Trapatoni tried to use him.

Why the Feck should he give a **** anymore?

He had enough **** going on without someone using in their media games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Seaneh wrote: »
    In 2007, in slovenia, he asked to leave the irish camp saying there was a death in his family

It was Slovakia not Slovenia..........sorry, pet hate of mine :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Raekwon wrote: »
    It was Slovakia not Slovenia..........sorry, pet hate of mine :pac:
    You're right. Sorry. Typing on my phone and didn't proof read!

I like him.. He doesn't owe Ireland anything and I don't see why any plank thinks he does.

If he doesn't want to play, and he has his reasons, then fair feks to him. I know I wouldn't play for a country if I thought I'd be called a traitor or something if I didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

I like him.. He doesn't owe Ireland anything and I don't see why any plank thinks he does.

If he doesn't want to play, and he has his reasons, then fair feks to him. I know I wouldn't play for a country if I thought I'd be called a traitor or something if I didn't.

I don't think he owes the country anything, I just think he is a jackass. If I wasn't tired i'd elaborate!

snooze time :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement