Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is with the love affair of Spain

Options
  • 04-03-2011 2:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭

I won't lie I really wish I could move and live there, be a barman for a few months or something, It basically has everything anyone could ask for.
    The perfect weather, the perfect locations, women, people, It has it all.

Although it makes me wonder why is Spain such a popular tourist destination, and also any advice on how it is possible to gain residence in said country would be highly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

whiteboy wrote: »
    the perfect locations, women, people, It has it all.
    Although it makes me wonder why is Spain such a popular tourist destination,

Does not compute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Dont lie OP, you want to move there cause the age of consent is 14

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

any advice on how it is possible to gain residence in said country would be highly appreciated.

No idea. Perhaps we Europeans should form some sort of union.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

The English Englishised it in probably the 70s for an ideal package deal location on the med that wasn't France. It's been popular ever since as it is affordable to most. Can't have peeps going without their eggyweggs and chips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Wolfe Tone wrote: »

You know that fact fairly handy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭whiteboy

WindSock wrote: »
    The English Englishised it in probably the 70s for an ideal package deal location on the med that wasn't France. It's been popular ever since as it is affordable to most. Can't have peeps going without their eggyweggs and chips.

ugh sounds so horribly english when you put it that way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭pvt6zh395dqbrj

Here is my poem about why Spain is beautiful

Your golden beaches refresh my soul
    and I look to your heavenly coast
    You sparkle, like a diamond
    Forever lost in shades of remorse

Oh how I wish you well
    Among your sandy beach-filled shores
    And I long to be back in your arms
    Once again I dare not leave

Ah that's only some of the resorts op, and why it is tourist friendly. There are many fine cities in Spain, with plenty of bars to work in. You can avoid the Anglicised versions quite easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Wolfe Tone wrote: »

it is?? :eek:

giggity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

The faraway hills are always greener or should I say from the frying pan straight into the fire. :D

At 20%- its the Highest unemployment rate in the industrial world, similar property crash to Ireland, e900 a month average wage along with a nasty corrupt police force your welcome. :p

The good points, you are legally allowed grow one marijuana plant for PU and the bars stay open late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

...the bars stay open late.

I've just returned from Sevilla... bars there don't stay open as late as the bars in Dundalk.

Oh yeah, I forgot. They are more ****ed than we are. Oz it is then I guess. Similar to Spain with weather but none of the culture or history, if you're into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Cathaoirleach

ugh sounds so horribly english when you put it that way

The Irish are no different to the English over there with their chips, larger, Premiere League jerseys, and gernerally making a drunken fool of themselves.

Yeah but the Brits paved the way for the Irish to arrive and behave like that, is what I meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

Beer,minge and sun.

Beer,minge and sun.

Tanning lotion would probably work better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Oh yeah, I forgot. They are more ****ed than we are. Oz it is then I guess. Similar to Spain with weather but none of the culture or history, if you're into it.
    Yes but OZ is full of nasty creepy crawly things

Beer,minge and sun.

as Kurt Angle would say, oh it's true, oh it's damn true

Yes but OZ is full of nasty creepy crawly things

Nah, the Aussies are in the UK.

Nah, the Aussies are in the UK.

lol it's true, in Spain you don't have to watch out for giant spiders, snakes, angry australians etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Cybertron85

And you won't even need to learn Spanish, every single student in Spain has been to Dublin to learn English.

Barcelona looks great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

That is the goal which has surely won the world cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Ive been to both Portugal and Spain and both are just as good as each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Haven't you just answered your own question?:confused:

Perfect weather etc, you wan't to move there but you wonder what the appeal is? WTF???
    As for residency, if you're an EU citizen you can live and work in any EU country (except Ireland cos there's no jobs;))

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭raymann

The Irish are no different to the English over there with their chips, larger, Premiere League jerseys, and gernerally making a drunken fool of themselves.

this. i live on the border with france and do my absolute best to avoid areas with either brits or irish. there is a thread in the oz forum about irish over there.

ive lived on the costa del sol, costa blanca and the north and heres my tip:

http://www.google.fr/images?q=asturias&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1280&bih=680

i cant believe people actually pay to go to the south of spain when you have this. i have never been somewhere so beautiful in my life. world class surfing, world class climbing some good skiing, cider!, and the best food in spain full stop. if you like partying there is fiestas all summer and san sebastien is a couple of hours away. check the beaches out:

http://www.google.fr/images?um=1&hl=en&biw=1280&bih=680&tbs=isch:1&sa=1&q=asturias+beaches&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=

i might be giving away too much here.......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

The perfect weather, the perfect locations, women, people, It has it all.

Women AND people????? :eek:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Here is my poem about why Spain is beautiful

Your golden beaches refresh my soul
    and I look to your heavenly coast
    You sparkle, like a diamond
    Forever lost in shades of remorse

Oh how I wish you well
    Among your sandy beach-filled shores
    And I long to be back in your arms
    Once again I dare not leave

Heard that before:rolleyes::p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,239 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

raymann wrote: »
    if you like partying there is fistas all summer and san sebastien is a couple of hours away.

Not really my kind of party, but whatever you're into. It looks like a beautiful place, in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Yeah, but when we do it, we're lovable Irish rogues. When they do it, it's disgraceful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭raymann

Not really my kind of party, but whatever you're into. It looks like a beautiful place, in fairness.

haha. changed. the place is amazing. the mountains are so aesthetic and so close to the sea. in may it can be 25 deg sat in the surf with snow on the mountains behind the beach.

http://www.google.fr/images?um=1&hl=en&biw=1280&bih=680&tbs=isch:1&sa=1&q=picos+de+europa&aq=0&aqi=g7g-m1&aql=&oq=picos+de+

Advertisement