Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

looksee wrote: »
    Why were they keeping horses in their gardens?

Because they could! The gardens were so humongous that, while they were officially in Donabate, the houses were in Lusk!

Not a boat or boatshed to be seen though so they wern't all that great!

Alice1 wrote: »
    I don't know how to link to another thread. However, there is a thread in Consumer Issues that might be of interest to we "more mature" people. It is regarding a company called yourtel.
    If you get a call from this company, please be very wary as they are not all they might appear to be.
    Google also has some interesting info and RTE Consumer Show did an interesting article on them this evening at 8.30

Good information Alice1, thank you. I wasn't aware but I will pass your advice onto my posse, many of whom are dissatisfied with their telecoms / broadband suppliers and may be investigating alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I'm taking it really easy today. Doing the Darkness into Light at 4am :eek:
    Doing a bit of traffic management from 3am. Don't know if I should stay up or go to bed for a few hours later!

Chucken wrote: »
    Doing the Darkness into Light at 4am :eek:

Me too, so best of luck to you! Apparently, I'm a crucial member of the support crew. Suits me because....and noh a loh of peepul know this........there are no UV monsters around at 4:00AM in the morning, even in the tropical paradise of Skerries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Take care on the roads at that hour Chuckie.

• Advertisement

Back in one piece :) Well really I'm in bits but so happy I did it. Managed to get to the finish line last :D
    Over 1000 people turned out. Not bad for a small town.
    Hope you got through it ok Brens.
    Going to try get some sleep now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Well done Chucken, enjoy the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Brilliant Chuck xxxx Well done, bet you had a lovely bowl of soup when you got home.

Well done Chuckie. How long was it?

It was 5km Jelly, but I have osteoarthritis and usually that far would scare me. My friend and I took our time so the pain was bearable. I thought I wouldnt be able to move yesterday but just had a slight pain in my hip. Didnt get much sleep after it so had a lovely early night last night :)

• Advertisement

Missed you Chuck xxx Mul said he saw you on the walk though.

The pair of us could be lying :pac:

Yes, yiz could both be telling lies, but I somehow doubt it. Well done Chuckie especially with that osteoarthritis, quite a feat.

You know when something good happens, something bad also happens so that the universe is kept in balance? I'm sure the ancient Chinese and Indian cultures have fancy names for it - it's not Yin and Yang or Kharma so I'll just call it Win Some Lose Some. Well, are the good and bad things equal? Suppose something really nice happened. Does that mean that something equally unnice is on it's way or could the unnice thing be quite trivial?

I've just called in to see the Mammy to tell her she's going to be a great grannie again. So, on a scale of 1 to 10, that's probably an 8 or 9. Arrived home and thought I'd assemble a jam sambo and settle down to some all important DNA results on telly. During the bit about mobile charges being substantially higher, I noticed that the jam had squirted down my front and onto my trouser leg and sock. "Hmmmm", I hear you say. "That's maybe a 3. So what?"

Well, this is when I discovered that the jam was waterproof, scrub-proof and sticky enough to hold the heat tiles onto the hull of the space shuttle. As well as my favourite polo shirt, oulfella trousers with elasticated waist and Fair Isle socks all now having dark red stains, every cloth used to try to remove the jam has the same stains. Maybe a 4 or 5?

Well, OK. It wasn't "real" jam - it was that chemical muck from Aldi or Lidl - but the label makes no mention of the ability of the contents to destroy fabric.

I wonder if a 7 or 8 would result if I put the clothes into the washing machine and the jam bunged up the pump. Could it go to 10 if the drains became blocked?

Yes, I've already been told I shuddov worn a bib and I shuddov done this and I shuddov done that. What I need to know is if the universe is still in balance or can I expect this saga to continue going downhill?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,073 ✭✭✭✭looksee

With all the argifying in the world you are never going to make new baby = jam on your jumper. Sorry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Alice1

Baby wipes Brenz. Yer only man for sticky stuff like jam and honey and stuff. They are also great for cleaning your hands after changing a wheel on your car. (Aldi ones are the best)

I thought there was a Cleaning Forum but I can't find it. As far as I can see it was approved in 2012. Speaking of cleaning, does white wine really take out red wine stains? I have a tablecloth needing attention. Does this mean that something nice is going to happen to me now? So many questions, so little time!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Speaking of cleaning, does white wine really take out red wine stains?
    Only on a fresh spill. If the stain has dried then you have a stained tablecloth. On the plus side, quality cotton tablecloths make the best glass dryers/polishers.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

I have a tablecloth needing attention.
    OldGoat wrote: »
    ... you have a stained tablecloth.

Duh, loike, what's a tablecloth?

OldGoat wrote: »
    Only on a fresh spill. If the stain has dried then you have a stained tablecloth. On the plus side, quality cotton tablecloths make the best glass dryers/polishers.

What about quality polyester tablecloths then? :D
    BrensBenz wrote: »
    Duh, loike, what's a tablecloth?

Does Mrs Brens not cover the dinner table or the tea table with a tablecloth? I'm spending time with the great unwashed here! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Does Mrs Brens not cover the dinner table or the tea tablwe with a tablecloth?:

Mrs. BrensBenz learned a whole lot since she got married. For instance, if you spill wine on a table, you wipe it up. If you spill wine on a table cloth, you have to go in search of a remedy on the interweb and then to a special shop to buy special magic stuff to clean the table cloth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

People spill wine:eek::eek::eek:

What about quality polyester tablecloths then? :D

Does Mrs Brens not cover the dinner table or the tea table with a tablecloth? I'm spending time with the great unwashed here! :rolleyes:

What's a table anyway? :o

Rubecula wrote: »
    What's a table anyway? :o

Wrong thread. Try "Easy Quiz".

that implies I know the answer :)

Yes, BrensBenz has attached a photo! Pause for applause. Suddenly my old method works again and I thought this might be of interest. It's entitled:
    "Grandson was looking for the Ready Brek but found the biscuit tin!"

349204.jpg

Congratulations Brens, you did it at last! Gorgeous photo too.

I've had a longgggg week. We were minding the babies while Momma and Daddy got a well deserved break in the sun. :)

They came back to announce their engagement :D

Now Nana and His Lordship need a break in the sun!!!

Will there be cake?

Just to let yiz know that my trusty old laptop AND our almost new PC are off to the compewherologist next week. Although I've lost a lot of weight, my fingers are still not small enough to surf on my mobile phone so, (and there's no easy way to tell yiz this) yiz may be BrensBenzless for a few days next week. Apparently, it will take that long to hoover out all of the typing errors; deleted attempts to add photos to boards; spam emails, etc., etc. They don't go away, you know? They fall off the screen into the gaps between the keys on your keyboard and clog it up.

Yes, I know, I know. It will be tough; tears may be shed and nerves may shred. This post may go some way to mitigate the cold turkey effects yiz may suffer. Heaven knows how yiz will manage but fear not because..."I'll be back"; "I shall return". I might even be back before Laurel's alcoholism is cured and forgotten about. After all, how will the sweet factory survive without her sweet-packing skills?

• Advertisement

I've had a longgggg week. We were minding the babies while Momma and Daddy got a well deserved break in the sun. :)

Now Nana and His Lordship need a break in the sun!!!

Did Daddy show signs of being beaten around the head until he got engaged? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement