Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need help coming up with an exercise routine!

• 28-02-2011 10:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, so I'm a 19 year old female and I've decided I really need to get fit. I've always been kinda lazy but recently decided that enough was enough and I have to start taking care of myself! I'm starting to eat better aswell.

So basically I'm looking for advice on an exercise routine to suit me. I want to do a good bit of cardio for general fitness and to burn fat. Stomach is a bit of a problem area so any toning exercises for that would be great. I'm planning on going to the gym 3 times a week.

Has anyone got any ideas for me? All advice appreciated!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭DELTATIP

Allym,

First of all try make the gym as much as possible minimum 4 times
    a week keep yourself interested ,

your diet watch your intake and measure your needs ie protein , carbs, fats ,veg always drink plenty of water 2 to 3 liters per day.

As for your gym routine : Warm up 15 mins /walking /jumping jacks etc,

all exercise s pls warm up and warm down for safety

Cycle for 20 mins

Rowing machine 15 mins

Cross trainer 20 mins

Tread mill for 10 mins to 30 mins depending on fitness level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

allym wrote: »
    Hey guys, so I'm a 19 year old female and I've decided I really need to get fit. I've always been kinda lazy but recently decided that enough was enough and I have to start taking care of myself! I'm starting to eat better aswell.

So basically I'm looking for advice on an exercise routine to suit me. I want to do a good bit of cardio for general fitness and to burn fat. Stomach is a bit of a problem area so any toning exercises for that would be great. I'm planning on going to the gym 3 times a week.

Has anyone got any ideas for me? All advice appreciated!:D
    doing lots of cardio alone is one of the slowest ways to looking and feeling your best - hit the weights, run/sprint a little, stretch more and take care of your diet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭jasonf9ace

take a look here should find something to suit you > http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/women.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

Transform wrote: »
    doing lots of cardio alone is one of the slowest ways to looking and feeling your best - hit the weights, run/sprint a little, stretch more and take care of your diet

I'm a total gym idiot! What sort of workouts should I be doing with the weights? Thanks everyone for replying btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Ouchette

You could try Couch to 5k.

http://www.c25k.com/

It's a running programme where you do combinations of running and walking 3 times a week, for about 30 minutes a session, until you can run 5k. There's a thread for supporting each other with it somewhere around here.

That'll take care of your cardio fitness, so try to fit in something strength based on some of your off days. I mostly hate gyms myself (boot camp and running ftw :D) so I don't know much about weights, but the gym I used to go to did these classes where you did burpees and stuff while holding weights. I found that a much more thorough workout than using the weights machines. Perhaps they've got something like that at yours?

• Advertisement
Advertisement