Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tyres for race bike

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,049 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

RPL1 wrote: »
    What is it about road tyres ..... for every person who likes a particular tyre there's another one who hates them!

Most people use so few tyres that the sample size is too small to make an statistically valid assessment of puncture resistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭buzzingnoise

kennyb3 wrote: »
    What tyres do you use out of interest?

Michelin pro light to race, suits me. Anything at all from the shed to train on.
    Agree with Lumen.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭OldPeculier

Idleater wrote: »
    preference for a tyre attribute style eg grip/rolling resistance/weight/road fee

It is about personal experience and personal preference and what you trust in. Those who race and train will have different needs, experience and expectation from tyres than a commuter.

I've used Bontrager T1 tyres, Panaracer RiBMo tyres and Gatorskins, the 2 latter tyres as I am predominantly a commuter cyclist on a road bike. The Pana's were a bit skittish but very durable and the Gator's I love because my need is for few punctures, reliability and not to be skitish (there is enough rain and sewer covers etc already to worry about!)

So for me Gator's, because I trust in them and I know what to expect in terms of grip, which is vital when you need to brake hard or swerve suddenly to avoid a car, pedestrian, glass or rock on the road or whatever is thrown your way!

Everyone will have a different opinion on personal preference though

Advertisement