Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you know if a guy likes you - Help

Options
  • 28-02-2011 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

Hi All

ok, im in need of some help. How do you know if a guy likes you, im a pretty shy girl and find it hard to talk but i make an a real effort, i get all flustered if im aroud a guy that i like.

I met a guy today that i thought was amazing, id love to have the courage to flirt more or even have asked him out.

You see the problem is, i havent a clue if a guy likes me back or how to tell the signs when you first meet someone. Or if i can do something that would show me that its ok to flirt as they do like me. SOoo anoying, i walk away not knowing if i should of done more of if there was any point....

What if's are a killer or is it just a case of if its meant for you, it wont pass you.

Any tips would be greatly apreciated xx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Adrian009

Hi All

ok, im in need of some help. How do you know if a guy likes you, im a pretty shy girl and find it hard to talk but i make an a real effort, i get all flustered if im aroud a guy that i like.

I met a guy today that i thought was amazing, id love to have the courage to flirt more or even have asked him out.

You see the problem is, i havent a clue if a guy likes me back or how to tell the signs when you first meet someone. Or if i can do something that would show me that its ok to flirt as they do like me. SOoo anoying, i walk away not knowing if i should of done more of if there was any point....

What if's are a killer or is it just a case of if its meant for you, it wont pass you.

Okay, here's words from the horse's mouth. Or ass, depending on what you think of it ....

1 - Smile and touch his arms when you speck to him. The latter especially worked with me.

2 - Smile and shake your hair. Every girl before and after Lauren Bacall has tried it with more that 50% success.

3 - Smile and ASK HIM OUT! Don't have to make it "a date", just meet up for a few drinks, see a band, watch the sun go down on Galway Bay, anything! Really, most guys I know would be flattered to be asked for a change!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭pulpfictionost

If your shy just keep talking to him, if things are going well on a friendly level and he smiles and looks you in eye alot then try touching him on the hand or shoulder in a friendly way. If he has any clue at all he will respond.

Remember you have nothing to lose, and he is not going to tell anyone you asked him out unless hes an immature prick. So go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Be bold and just say it to him! Confidence is an attractive presence in people you'll never know unless you just do it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Hi All

If your anyway decent looking he will have a go off ya :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

From a guy's perspective. Sometimes it doesn't matter what you do, we're clueless.

Ask him out is the best way, 50% chance of success & at worst he'll say no - his loss. Arrange a lunch or coffee date during work, that way both of you have an out if it's not going well, you have to be back in the office/wherever at the end of your break.

G/Luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,456 ✭✭✭✭ted1

if he pulls your hair and calls you names he fancies you...

honestly just ask, were simple.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Not a ladies lounge subject. Closed. PS Irishpimpdude if you want to keep posting in the ladies lounge remember it's not After Hours.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement