Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunatic runs over bike protestors in Brazil...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

i know i hate cyclists on the road but jeeeeeeaysus thats mad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

That is horrific footage, its not for the faint hearted. Incident happens quite early in the video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

holy sh!t

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭HardyBuckFan

and i thought things were screwed up here!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

I know theres a youtube thread but this is more news than anything else!

Not for the feint hearted! FF to 0:45.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

OH JESUS CHRIST !!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Wow.. that's unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Jesus christ!!
    Got a story with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

That was one of the most shocking things I have seen.:eek:
    Where and when did this happen? Where the hell were the emergency services? Unbelievable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Jimmy the Wheel

Jesus christ!!
    Got a story with this?

(translated) report...
    Police seeking driver who ran over Gaucho 16 cyclists

PORTO ALEGRE
    The Civil Police try to identify the driver responsible for the collision of 16 people who participated in a bike ride last night in Porto Alegre.

The car involved, a black Golf, was located overnight by military police at about 4 km from the site of the collision. The vehicle is defective, was abandoned, police said, and will be submitted to the skill.

Video shows cyclists after being hit in Porto Alegre; see

At about 19h of yesterday, about 130 members of a group called Critical Mass, which holds a monthly ride to promote bicycle use for transportation, pedaled down the street José do Patrocinio, in Lower Town (central region) . In the group there were children.

Trampling

The driver of the black Golf urged passage through the middle of the bike, which was denied for lack of space on the street, according to a report of cyclists.

The victims say the suspect sped up and honked for three blocks and the car got to play one of the bikes that were in the rear of the group.

In the third quarter, on the corner of Rua Luiz Afonso, according to reports gathered by the Leaf, the driver of the Golf hoped that the group moves away a few meters, accelerated and plowed into the group of cyclists.

INJURED AND BICYCLE Twisting

Reports are that flew bikes, cyclists have collided with each other and many people fell to the ground injured. The driver fled the scene.

"A lot of people, including parents with children in car seats. Trampling was intentional because he was several blocks behind, speeding, cursing, honking. After he passed, it became a scene of war, twisted bicycles and lots of people bleeding on the floor" , told the Folha Guidoux businessman Marcelo Kalil, 31, who belonged to the group.

Three ambulances were on site. Sixteen people were injured in the counting group. Part of them was answered on the spot and eight others were taken to hospital with injuries ranging from cuts to fractures.

SEARCH FOR SUSPECT

Police did not confirm the exact number of victims. The car owner has been identified, but he has not yet been heard, according to the officer Marcio de Abreu Moreno.

The sheriff says he'll wait for the conclusion of the testimony of victims and witnesses to decide how the case will be treated under criminal law.

If police confirm allegations that the trampling was intentional, the driver can account for aggravated assault (intentional) or even attempted murder.

"It's a case that attracted attention mainly because it was a group that was manifested by the use of bicycles as an alternative in traffic," the delegate said.

PROTEST

After the accident, others who participated in the walk remained in place and protested against insecurity cyclists.

The newspaper "Zero Hora" reported that the director of EPTC (Corporation for Public Transportation and Circulation), Vanderlei Cappellari, said the agency was not warned about the bike ride - you may become irregular.

The sheet can not find Cappellari. Members of the "Critical Mass" responded that the activity is monthly - held on the last Friday of the month - and that cyclists have a right to move together through the streets.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Jesus christ!!
    Got a story with this?

loada cycling people got milled with a car

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

:( wtf ??!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Apparently nobody died anyway! Somehow!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,303 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

green party activists being sent a clear message.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Cathaoirleach

A repeat of the same a few yeas ago

That's just nuts.
    martyboy48 wrote: »
    green party activists being sent a clear message.....

Cyclists != Green Party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Haven't we all felt like doing that at some point...?

WindSock wrote: »
    Haven't we all felt like doing that at some point...?

sssshhhhhhhhh!!

.............you said that out loud.......:cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

How the hell did no one die!? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

:O

Also != Way over the head of a lot of AH posters. pmcmahon appears to demonstrate this point

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭unknownlegend

Hope he gets caught and has the book thrown at him (or her??).
    Some time languishing in a cell might introduce the concept of patience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

sssshhhhhhhhh!!

.............you said that out loud.......:cool:

Ooops, I did type it out loud. Ehh...nevermind what I said. I'll just go back quietly to my violent rage fantasies from behind the wheel :pac:

WindSock wrote: »
    Ooops, I did type it out loud. Ehh...nevermind what I said. I'll just go back quietly to my violent rage fantasies from behind the wheel :pac:

Yes, We'll never speak of this again. :cool:

*furtively flips the bird under dashboard*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

pmcmahon wrote: »
    That's just nuts.

Cyclists != people who should have been aborted

Agreed, cyclists are not people who should have been aborted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Ali Babba wrote: »
    Well in fairness they were blocking the whole fcuking road........
    They are traffic. You don't ram cars out of the road either when the traffic is slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,807 ✭✭✭amacca

They are traffic. You don't ram cars out of the road either when the traffic is slow.

No...but I do fantasize about it occasionally

particularly people who take a long time to turn

you know the kind....they started slowing down for the turn sometime in the previous decade, they then swing way out into the opposite spiral arm of our galaxy, which would be a good move if they were trying to take the corner quickly but ..... they are not, they are intent it seems on doing a tortuously slow lazy turn in just waiting to slow me down from my nice save cruising speed to an infuriating crawl

oh yes I wish I had a battering ram welded to my bumper at times.

i do not find cyclists infuriating at all they seem like nice people for the most part but if there is some sort of connection between cyclists and the green party (as its constituted in Ireland) then I may have to reform my once mostly indifferent opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

A repeat of the same a few yeas ago

I was expecting to see carnage there OP, hardly worth posting tbh.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

"Grand Theft Auto 5 graphic's look insane! Rockstar have really out done themselves this time!"
    I know I shouldn't have laughed but when I seen that comment on the video I actually spit coke all over my screen :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Jimmy the Wheel

Ali Babba wrote: »
    I was expecting to see carnage there OP, hardly worth posting tbh.........

Try the first post, maybe.

I'm surprised nobody has called it the Critical Massacre yet.

Advertisement