Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labour Fianna Fail Coalition - Gilmore for Taoiseach - Could it happen ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

johngalway wrote: »
    Last I heard 30,000 positions were to go. A lot of needless quangos too.

That not a start? Or should they be lined up agin' a wall and shot maybe?

An interesting coallition idea :rolleyes:
    Pherekydes wrote: »
    We feel your frustration.

Maybe Fine Gael should support a Fianna Fáil minority government? Though they could be pushed to fill a cabinet. Maybe Healy-Rae?

If FG are serious about what they intend to do - maybe they should tell the rest of us.

I certainly do not think the public service issue will be sorted with Labour in coallition.

It is Social Partnership Revisited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

CDfm wrote: »
    An interesting coallition idea :rolleyes:

:pac:

Give it a rest would ya. Compromises are always made in coalitions, that's how they work. We know this.

What's your solution then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

johngalway wrote: »

What's your solution then?

My problem with it as I had a problem with the Social Partnership is that it essentially is not responsible to the Dail or the people.

I would definately like any government who can bring the public service to heel.

There is pain going around and I do not see why the public service should be immune from it.

Advertisement