Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Desire Cyanogenmod: Starting Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I was getting that problem where CM7 would forget your defauls, and facebook sync, after a reboot, but I think i solved it by just moving all the apps back to the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭dlm

CM7 stable seemed to break the "swipe down for notification bar" option. Apparently it's the new tablet tweaks that screwed it up. I assume there will be CM7.1 soonish

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Ye, its a pity they dont have an ability to add patches without reflashing the whole thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Anybody have any recommendations on a dialer/contacts combination?

I'm using dialer one and stock contacts but dialer one just seems to ignore half the contacts in my phonebook. This is the one aspect of sense that I really miss.

I moved over to cyanogen mainly for the pull down notification bar power widget and would hate to go back to a Sense rom and lose that.

On a HTC Desire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

I went from sense to cm7 and use GO contacts/dialer. I really like it now and find it more than a match for the Sense dialer.

hardCopy wrote: »
    Anybody have any recommendations on a dialer/contacts combination?

I'm using dialer one and stock contacts but dialer one just seems to ignore half the contacts in my phonebook. This is the one aspect of sense that I really miss.

I moved over to cyanogen mainly for the pull down notification bar power widget and would hate to go back to a Sense rom and lose that.

On a HTC Desire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

elderlemon wrote: »
    I went from sense to cm7 and use GO contacts/dialer. I really like it now and find it more than a match for the Sense dialer.

Trying this out now, definitely seems like a runner so far. :D

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well ran this cygmod thing last night, happy with it so far.

However cannot install/download google maps or angry birds.

Prettybig deal since I use maps alot and the misses is absolutley raging her angry birds progress is gone.

Anyone any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

TheDoc wrote: »

Prettybig deal since I use maps alot and the misses is absolutley raging her angry birds progress is gone.

Anyone any ideas?
    if you go onto cynagenmod site you should find the "gapps" apk you need to install market properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

TheDoc wrote: »

Anyone any ideas?

I had the same issue. I could not download any large apps.

You need to partition your SD Card with Rom Manager (I used 512mb/64mb swap) and then using Simple2Ext, move the downloads to the new partition. This will give you enough space on the phone for apps.

Check this out for the full solution:

http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/20328-solution-of-unable-to-download-big-apps-from-the-market

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

can someone please give me a step by step to do this on htc desire with 4gb memory card :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

mono_mac wrote: »
    can someone please give me a step by step to do this on htc desire with 4gb memory card :)

What state is your phone in now? Is it rooted? S-OFF? PVT1,2 or 4?

It's rooted and unlocked , the rest I don't know :(

It's rooted and unlocked , the rest I don't know :(

Did you root with Unrevoked 3? Do you have a Recovery Menu installed?
    To check, power off phone, then hold volume down and power button and see what happens..

Yes have that :)

I would download SMS Backup+ from the Market and save all your messages to Gmail. Make sure all your conatcts are synced with your Gmail too.

Then download Cyanogenmod 7.0 from their website and copy to your SD card.
    Download the GAPPS package too here and copy to SD card.

Boot into Recovery Menu, wipe cache & data/factory defaults.
    Then choose install from zip from sdcard, choose zip from sdcard & then flash CM7 and then GAPPS.
    Press back and reboot system now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Keith186

I'm on leedeoid but wouldn't mind a change. Main thing I missed on open desire before leedroid was copy and paste from browser.

Does cm7 have copy and paste like sense roms?

Didn't like android dialer either so.I'd give GO a shot too.

Copy and paste is working for me in the browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I've been using the cm7 for the last few days and went back to stock this morn. Was anyone having issues with frozen screens, apps crashing? My lock screen would occasionally just show the background pic. Only way to fix it was to take the battery out and turn the phone back on. If it was that the lock screen would work but when I unlocked it i'd only get the background pic and nothing else.. The camera app crashed on me quite a bit (I updated the radio), the browser, dialler and messaging also crashed quite a bit..

Got annoying so I'm back to sense now.. Shame cause I like the clean look from the cm7. I only use the phone as a phone, email and calendar. Only apps I'd use would be a torch and google maps..

Never had these issues. A wipe is always recommended for going to a different ROM.
    You can't use Titanium Backup without causing some issues when moving Android revisions, 2.2 to 2.3 CM7.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Keith186

^^^^
    Did u do a full wipe before installing?

Not wiping causes weird problems like what u have.

Ongarite, nice one might switch over tomorrow. Is it worth getting titanium back up pro for reinstalling apps or does it take for ever anyway?

Edit : looks like you've answered my q already! Whats best for reinstalling apps so?

• Advertisement

I didn't use Titanium Pro to backup my apps.
    As soon as I booted into CM7, the Market app downloaded all my current apps automatically.

cheers dude :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've been on CM7 for the last week, no problems at all.

anyway to get other keyboard back from 2.2 sense

and no camera flash

and no camera flash

What do you mean by camera flash?
    The LED camera flash works correctly in CM7..

ongarite wrote: »
    What do you mean by camera flash?
    The LED camera flash works correctly in CM7..

mine wont, what quality is video etc

I have no idea what you are on about?
    Camera flash is on AUTO by default, you can force it on by pressing the camera on-screen GIU.
    Video quality is 480p.

ongarite wrote: »
    I have no idea what you are on about?
    Camera flash is on AUTO by default, you can force it on by pressing the camera on-screen GIU.
    Video quality is 480p.

forced on but wont work- works for video but

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Going back to sense today. Like cm for its speed and options but missing my HTC Widgets and general integration. Must update to leedroid 2.4 as had been on 2.2f for ages

Advertisement