Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What kind of toaster do you have?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Morphy Richards two slice one. It makes me the perfect toast :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

6 slice toaster.
    Aoifey! wrote: »
    Left my roommate in charge of getting the toaster. He got a toaster that toasts "I love you" onto the bread.

He didn't tell me this and in a tired/hungover state I went to make some toast, saw "I love you" on the bread and freaked out that the toaster was trying to talk to me.

I'm never letting him buy things again.

Maybe he's madly in love with you and thought he'd tell you through toast. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

6 slice toaster.
    Maybe he's madly in love with you and thought he'd tell you through toast. :)
    Ah yes, toast, the food of love. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I'm clearly lying at this stage.
    I have a 4 slice toaster and my kettle sings, my kitchen's banging

I'll take a piece of plain white bread, thank you, with a glass of water on the side for dipping.
    We have the cheapest one that was in the Argos catalogue. Bread usually gets stuck in it and has to be poked out with the wooden spoon. :( TOASTER DESIGN FAIL.

It was designed to be crap! The manufacturers want you to now go out and buy a better (more expensive) one. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

2 slice toaster.
    I don't have a toaster. Bought a kettle/toaster combo from Argos when moving into my flat, but they didn't have the toaster in stock so they said to come back for it within 30 days. Never did get back to Argos, so have been grilling instead.

Would like one of the Darth Vader toasters like Sheldon had in The Big Bang Theory.

Grill is more expensive to run, buy a toaster imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

6 slice toaster.
    wallyking wrote: »
    I was the proud owner of a 3-slicer for many years. I felt like such a rebel. She kicked the bucket last month and im down to a bog standard 2 slice now.:(

I don't see how manufacturers haven't realised that 3 slices of toast is the perfect amount to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

6 slice toaster.
    I don't see how manufacturers haven't realised that 3 slices of toast is the perfect amount to eat.

Normally have to have the 4 slices myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Toast is shite. I mean, by itself - it's just crap. If you have a toasted cheese sandwich with ham and mustard - it's grand but a toaster isn't really the best way to make one of those.

Fuck off toasters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Rig is just planning a mass toaster robbery I think... o_0

2 slice toaster from Next.... =P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

4 slice toaster.
    Make your own like this guy...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

While obviously not of paramount importance, when choosing something as important as the friend that is going to supply you with toast, a toaster that doesn't burn your eyebrows while lighting a fag drunk is an important attribute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

6 slice toaster.
    enda1 wrote: »
    I hate that the toast time changes depending on the freshness of the bread, the thickness of the bread, the type of bread etc. So a setting of 3 which is perfect for one condition of bread, burns another or just barely tans a third. Infuriating.

Smart toasters, its your time to shine!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

6 slice toaster.
    I bought a new toaster only last week. It is a 4 slice toaster but has two sets of controls so i can make 2 slices of toast too without having the two spare slots heating up too.
    It also means i can make toast for me and the bf at the same time now instead of having to take turns:D

2 slice toaster.
    Toast is shite. I mean, by itself - it's just crap. If you have a toasted cheese sandwich with ham and mustard - it's grand but a toaster isn't really the best way to make one of those.

Fuck off toasters.
    :eek:

We don't need your kind around here.
    Abi wrote: »
    Rig is just planning a mass toaster robbery I think... o_0

2 slice toaster from Next.... =P

2 slice toaster from next you say...

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

I'll take a piece of plain white bread, thank you, with a glass of water on the side for dipping.
    I think I'm going to invest in a Breville TT15, a man should have more than one toaster buddy!

2 slice toaster.
    I don't even have one toaster buddy.
    Do it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Oh so thats it... I'm your 'just do for now' toaster, is it?

I thought we had something specialllllllll!!! :mad:

2 slice toaster.
    It's a 2 slice toaster from next, I have greater ambitions obv.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 rockynavan

fork and a fire for me oldschool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Conor_M1990

A toaster shure what would ya what with a toaster theres a recession on !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

4 slice toaster.
    4 slice broke, so now have a 2 slice. I agree with earlier poster that 3 slices is perfect.
    I also like this toaster, tea and toast all in one!:)

http://pitrob.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/kettle-and-toaster-two-in-one-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

poll lacks one other option and is thus an invalid poll.

the option missing is "I use the grill on my cooker to toast bread"

2 slice toaster.
    That's grilled bread, not toast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

The-Rigger wrote: »
    That's grilled bread, not toast.

its still toast just takes longer cos u have to turn the side over

2 slice toaster.
    It's grilled bread no matter what you tell yourself Sir.
    Get yourself a Breville TT15 and we can talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

6 slice toaster.
    its still toast just takes longer cos u have to turn the side over

Bad toast maybe.

The most important feature of a toaster is speed. The more time it takes, the less moist the inside is. Alternate sided toasting makes for a dry interior.

That's the attraction of toast, flavour and varied textures. Coarse dry exterior, tempered by warm butteryness, moist tender inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

6 slice toaster.
    4 slice. I like my toast more like warm bread with loads of butter. I hate
    toast over toasted.

Advertisement