Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I thought everyone should know...

Options
  • 23-02-2011 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

Lads tesco is taking over EVERYTHING over here in England. Its crazy

They have their massive tesco's, then tesco expresses and now they have the one stop shop, a little corner shop. I mean they are hitting every area on the map.

But now i hear something really scary. Because they are so big into fuel now they have started getting contracts from Shell, Total etc to supply all the fuel to the garages. However for any independent garages supplied by these companies Shell is charging them 2p for delivery...This is when they are only making 3p a litre! 3 garages in 20 miles have closed down in the past 3 weeks!

Tis' Madness!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Lads tesco is taking over EVERYTHING over here in England. Its crazy

They have their massive tesco's, then tesco expresses and now they have the one stop shop, a little corner shop. I mean they are hitting every area on the map.

But now i hear something really scary. Because they are so big into fuel now they have started getting contracts from Shell, Total etc to supply all the fuel to the garages. However for any independent garages supplied by these companies Shell is charging them 2p for delivery...This is when they are only making 3p a litre! 3 garages in 20 miles have closed down in the past 3 weeks!

Tis' Madness!
    Any Tesco churches?
    Imagine what you could get on the loyalty cards...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Every little helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭mstan

Dis madness must end soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

yeah i was reading that in centra earlier :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Shocking stuff indeed OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Oh cheers,thank's for letting me know,going to get started on my Tesco Resistant Bunker.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

I feel a protest coming on........where's the bandwagon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

"they took our jobs Quinnsworth!"
    rabble rabble....
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bmarley

I urge you to support your local businesses...even if they do charge more!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

rabble rabble....

and crazy prices

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

rebel10 wrote: »
    Tesco vs Denmark

Was going to post that myself. Shocking stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

TPD wrote: »
    Was going to post that myself. Shocking stuff.
    Well, I suppose we have been warned. The only man alive that would be crazy enough to stand up to them would be Gaddafi. I live in fear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Sainsburys are they only other supermarket chain I know that sells petrol at uk stores so maybe it all part and parcel of the competition .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'd buy my petrol from Colonel Gaddafi if it was cheaper.

That's terrible, OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I love Tesco :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Tesco employ loads of people and provide affordable food but of course left wing loons dont like them because they hate successful companies. Employment and affordable food = Evil :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Latchy wrote: »
    Sainsburys are they only other supermarket chain I know that sells petrol at uk stores so maybe it all part and parcel of the competition .

Asda do as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

Asda and Morrisons and Waitrose.

Btw i am in no way left wing but there is a serious competition issue here when one group controls so much of the market!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

I dont know why there is so much vitriol directed at Tesco when the evilness of their main competior in the UK Asda rarely gets a mention in this side of the Atlantic ?

• Advertisement

Asda and Morrisons and Waitrose.

Btw i am in no way left wing but there is a serious competition issue here when one group controls so much of the market!

Asda do as well.

I should know that cos I'm in the large ASDA superstore at least once a fortnight but the petrol pumps at separate location a few miles away .

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Its not a new thing, tesco's have been selling fuel 13/14+ years

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Pauleta wrote: »
    Tesco employ loads of people and provide affordable food but of course left wing loons dont like them because they hate successful companies. Employment and affordable food = Evil :confused:

Well because they open huge stores that crush their competition, leaving peope unemployed. If they then go to work in Tesco they're likely to be paid a lot less. Plus local indigenous businesses can't compete with such large companies, despite most likely having superior quality products. Tesco's 'affordable' food tastes like cardboard and they overcharge for fresh food that's absolutely terrible in comparsion to other shops, both in price and taste, leading to the false assumption that healthy food is more expensive, when in reality it just doesn't have the same profit margin.

tl:dr, don't mind me, I'm a looooooooon! :confused::pac::confused::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Any Tesco churches?
    Imagine what you could get on the loyalty cards...

Bummed?

irish-stew wrote: »
    Its not a new thing, tesco's have been selling fuel 13/14+ years
    Yeah but it's only in recent years they have spread out all over the uk with more and more stores opening in every other neighbourhood and there are several Tesco metro expresss stores near were I am to .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

I for one welcome our new supermarket overlords.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PeteEd

rabble rabble....
    and crazy prices

Don't forget Stewarts Supermarket!

"they took our jobs Wine Barrel!"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Well because they open huge stores that crush their competition, leaving peope unemployed. If they then go to work in Tesco they're likely to be paid a lot less. Plus local indigenous businesses can't compete with such large companies, despite most likely having superior quality products. Tesco's 'affordable' food tastes like cardboard and they overcharge for fresh food that's absolutely terrible in comparsion to other shops, both in price and taste, leading to the false assumption that healthy food is more expensive, when in reality it just doesn't have the same profit margin.

Theyre only successful because people shop there. They dont take places by force, there are other options but people obviously use tesco for a variety of different reasons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Capitalism in action.

We don't live in a happy little utopia where some weirdy beardys organic turnip shop can exist in the same town as a supermarket selling the same basic product for half the price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Well because they ...crush their competition, ...local indigenous businesses can't compete with such large companies.....they overcharge for fresh food that's absolutely terrible

How are they crushing the competition if they are overcharging for inferior products ? :confused:

Advertisement