Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Superbikes 2011

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

I'd like to see Hoppo in WSB..a breath of fresh air...i can see him there next year...
    Well done Eugene....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭HellsAngel

Another great performance by Eugene, off to a flying start for each race. Good result for Melandri also, the R1 looking very impressive. Yamaha's marketing guys will be smiling at the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Yamaha is pulling out of WSB at the end of the year, so I don't think anyone is smiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

and now Yamaha pulling out of wsbk :mad:

hope Eugene can get a good bike for next year namely camiers aprilia

Grim. wrote: »

...or Checa's doookatty..........:p

• Advertisement

@Eugenelaverty just said the news came as a big shock to him.
    It must be terrible having two podium finishes and then getting this news.
    I guess Yamaha Europe are feeling the pinch, and with MotoGP run from Japan it kind of makes sense.
    The WSBK series should just change to Superstock, let the MotoGP bikes be the proto-racers and make SBK affordable to race in for an average team.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I guess Yamaha Europe are feeling the pinch, .

Maybe they should build nicer bikes..................:eek:.............................:p

They almost own the supersport 600 series, all bar 3 bikes were R6's
    Its cost tbh, Yamaha never intended to field a full factory team in WSBK they were meant to support the Teams/Privateers.
    And looking at the lap times from MotoGP 800cc against WSBK 1000cc bikes they are less than 3 seconds difference at Silverstone
    Thats crazy fast and that speed comes at a price.
    Obviously the price is too much for Yamaha EU
    WSBK should take a long hard look at itself and run the same rules as the SuperStock/ BSB Evo series.
    It would be to everyones benefit, The teams would be stronger and thats what a good series has- Strong racing teams. The manufacturers are almost irrelevant they can come and go but the Teams remain and keep the series going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

looks like this might happen going by the current rumours

seems like he turned down 300k from BMW Italia as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

looks like this might happen going by the current rumours

seems like he turned down 300k from BMW Italia as well

If Eugene goes to Aprilia it will be to PATA, presumably as Haga's teammate. I cant see this being the most competitive situation for him. He wouldnt be a factory rider and in fairness to Nori he no longer would even offer a good barometer for Eugenes performances.

BMW ITalia would be even less attractive. The bike has struggled for most of its time and while Melandri will be a good addition to development, particularly electronics, I dont see how Eugene being on a satallite bike can help further his career.

Its an absolute shame that he wont be on a factory bike next year becauase the only other option in WSBK is as Checa's teammate for Althea Ducati. I know that this one hasnt been talked about but if Ducati are smart Eugene would be a great rider to hire.

He comes from GPs and is renowned for his feedback and has shown as a rookie that he can be as good as anyone. His competiveness next to Melandri this year showed just how much potential he has.

Also this would allow Ducati to steal a march on Yamaha in MotoGP by stealing one of their top young riders from underneath their noses. DUcati need to think about riders to lead the factory once Rossi retires and while Laverty would not be a Marc Marquez he would offer huge potential for any factory.

Yamaha has shown consistently that they actively look to hire some of the most promising young riders-Melandri in 03, Lorenzo in 08, Spies in 09, and groom them for successful MotoGP, why wouldnt Laverty be the latest in this run of talent?

I had hoped that Yamaha would place him with Tech 3 but the Dovi hiring seems to have scuppered that even though Crutchlow has been a huge disappointment for much of the season.

LCR Honda is the only other potential landing spot with LAverty having worked for the team in 250s. It would be a good hiring on both sides but whether it happens depends on Hopkins and whether Honda really want Aoyama in WSBK and not MotoGP

• Advertisement
Advertisement