Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do people mock each other on the internet?

Options
  • 22-02-2011 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

It seems every 2nd youtube video I see in the comments section someone is insulting another person. Sometimes every video it happens.

It never happens in real life, becuase if you called someone an a-hole or called his mother a tramp you'd get hit. (bar a big huge dude mocking a skinny fella.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Cause they're morons?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I only mock people from Cork...because...well, they sound funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

They're called keyboard warriors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

CorkMan wrote: »
    It seems every 2nd youtube video I see in the comments section someone is insulting another person. Sometimes every video it happens.

It never happens in real life, becuase if you called someone an a-hole or called his mother a tramp you'd get hit. (bar a big huge dude mocking a skinny fella.)

Because you can't get hit on the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭SamSamSammy

Because people have all this built up anger and hate and can't take it out on anyone because they are so weak. so use the internet. they may also rant and rave because they have no friends who would listen to their sh!te in real life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

I like to call it 'playful hazing'.

Also, 'yore ma!'....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

Because they want to...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Because you're a fagggot

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Why do some people have persecution complexes on the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

The thing I find amusing about the amount of abusive comments on youtube is the fact that nobody ever spells them properly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Because they're worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Cos they feel ashamed of their tiny balls when they don't stand up for themselves or say what they really wanna say in real life cos the thought of actual confrontation and the chance of getting a slap in the jaw terrifies them so they lash out and be keyboard warriors

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭T0mmyM

Exactly, It's a chance for them to get out all the hate and anger and have no repercussions afterwards.

Most of the time they do a pretty crappy job in doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

Internet slagging is easy because for the stupid they have far more time to think of an insult :D

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭T0mmyM

niallam wrote: »
    Internet slagging is easy because for the stupid they have far more time to think of an insult :D

Or if thinking fails, they can just google one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

For the same reason people get road rage when cut off in a car, but are extra polite when someone else cuts them off when walking, because we are angry angry people who feel the need to hide it in case someone actually wants to kick our ass! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Two words: sexual frustration.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

For the same reason people get road rage when cut off in a car, but are extra polite when someone else cuts them off when walking, because we are angry angry people who feel the need to hide it in case someone actually wants to kick our ass! :D

Road rage is a bit different i think... I can stop my car and get out, people usually wish they hadnt blown their horn when someone 6'8" gets out of a car to them :D

I can't unfortunately appear from your computer screen to kick your ass if i wanted to if you slag me on the internet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Normal Person + Anonymity + Audience = Asshole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Insert Justin Beiber related comment here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Probably because they have a tiny penis.

Thats why I do it anyways:(...ya big jerk:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Road rage is a bit different i think... I can stop my car and get out, people usually wish they hadnt blown their horn when someone 6'8" gets out of a car to them :D

I can't unfortunately appear from your computer screen to kick your ass if i wanted to if you slag me on the internet :D

*smartass comment mocking niallam*:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Jake Rugby Walrus666

people usually wish they hadnt blown their horn when someone 6'8" gets out of a car to them

Your girlfriends cock is 6'8" when she's raping you every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Spunge wrote: »
    Because you're a fagggot

Would have thought yore ma would have taught you to spell faggot properly - you sure heard it enough from her!!

Keyboard. Warrior.
    With loads of weapons.
    And a beard.
    Na na na na la la la!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Mr. Spock

Spunge wrote: »
    Because you're a fagggot

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I would never mock somebody on the internet.

Unless they were asking for it, or seemed like a complete cunt, or if I was in the mood to take the piss.

Apart from that, never.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

On Youtube?

First rule of youtube , every 3rd comment will be about **** or some form of slander about another user/video.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Because mocking is catching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

I would never mock somebody on the internet.

Unless they were asking for it, or seemed like a complete cunt, or if I was in the mood to take the piss.

Apart from that, never.

So most of the time then ?

I think internet mocking is a bit different than real life. Because of other users that can either go with you, or against you. Most mocking of users on this site is too do with Thanks Whoring. People just looking for Thanks from other users at another person expense. It could take 2-3 hours to start a thread, and your first reply could be one word or a sentence on how retarded you are for , whatever it was you started a thread about. Just to get a few thanks (although very unlikely with 2-3 hours work on a thread topic !)

BTW head over to the tunderdome

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=484

Some of the finest mocking in there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I mock people who start pointless threads on the internet..

Advertisement