Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiny budget for mountain bike..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Does head on into a lamppost count
    Probably not. It depends on the magnitude of the impact and where on the bike experienced the stress. If it was akin to the bike falling over then the only likely concern besides superficial scratches would be the bending of the rear mech hanger (but only if it fell on the drive side). When riding head on into a rock it'd be the front wheel and the fork that would bare the brunt of the impact. I gather that a common failing among cheap bikes is with the fork. In fact, the last time I was up in Ballyhoura my buddy ended the life of the fork on his Carrera whilst mine survived far greater punishment.

The OP probably won't be able to gain any more wisdom from this thread as it's mostly the same advice being rehashed at this stage. It's up to him/her to go off and do a bit of research now whilst keeping in mind the advice dispensed here by the helpful posters.

Advertisement