Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the Noclight: Otis Driftwood

Options
  • 20-02-2011 9:45pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭

On a brief escape from the nightmare land of horror movies, this week it's Otis Driftwood!

What's he hiding in his shed?

Ask the right question, and you might find out! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Who are you and what have you done with Nedtheshed?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Why so serious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Galvasean wrote: »
    Who are you and what have you done with Nedtheshed?

NtS is a name Ive used and still use on a couple of other sites so I just wanted to keep things a bit more seperate hence I changed to OD.

Maguined wrote: »
    Why so serious?

I like to think Im serious when required but am in general a very laid back person.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

You're stranded on a desert island, what five items must you have?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

You're in a desert, walking along in the sand, when all of a sudden you look down and see a tortoise. It's crawling toward you... you reach down and you flip the tortoise over on its back. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping. You're not helping! Why is that, Otis Driftwood?

micayla wrote: »
    You're stranded on a desert island, what five items must you have?

Without going for the obvious ones like a boat Id choose my I-pod,a solar powered battery charger,a sauce pan,a swiss army knife and a magnifying glass.

Maguined wrote: »
    You're in a desert, walking along in the sand, when all of a sudden you look down and see a tortoise. It's crawling toward you... you reach down and you flip the tortoise over on its back. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping. You're not helping! Why is that, Otis Driftwood?

Because I am the Devil and Im here to do the Devils work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

favourite actor & actress.

best holiday you ever had.

If you seen somebody drowning would you jump in to save them ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

fave movie soundtrack?

• Advertisement

Which horror movie scared you the most?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

If you had a choice between sucking the toes of Frodo from Lord of the Rings after he's walked to Mordor, or sucking the toes of old wrinkly Rose from Titanic, which would you choose? (If you don't choose you will be made do both)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Fishie wrote: »
    If you had a choice between sucking the toes of Frodo from Lord of the Rings after he's walked to Mordor, or sucking the toes of old wrinkly Rose from Titanic, which would you choose? (If you don't choose you will be made do both)

wow what a question.

ned - how manly are you? i mean percentage wise.

Who is your favourite director of horror?

hondasam wrote: »
    favourite actor & actress.

Id probably have to go with Robert De Niro for the actor choice.Before he started making dumbass comedies he was IMHO,the finest actor of his generation.
    Raging Bull,Goodfellas,Taxi Driver,Deer Hunter etc,all made more epic by his simply towering performances,particularly Raging Bull.

Actress wise would be a little more difficult but based on the amount of films that Ive seen with her in that Ive enjoyed and found her believible,Id go with Jodie Foster.

The Accused,Silence of the Lambs,Taxi Driver,some super showings from her.
    best holiday you ever had.

Ive never been into the whole sun holiday buzz,I dont like the heat so probably the times Ive Manchester United playing.
    If you seen somebody drowning would you jump in to save them ?

That is a toughie being that I cannot really swim that well however I think instinct would kick in and I probably would.Hope I never have to find out though!

Links234 wrote: »
    fave movie soundtrack?

By soundtrack do you mean a compilation of songs or an original score?

I will answer both.

Original score would go to Christopher Young's work for the Hellraiser Chronicles,particularly the first movie.

Youtube "seduction and pursuit" for a sample.

Compilation would probably be The Devils Rejects,there are some epic songs on it.Id be a big fan of Quentin Tarantino too so his soundtrack compilations are pretty damn good too.
    Which horror movie scared you the most?

The reason I love horror so much is because of the range of emotions it can bring forth in me from fear to shock so to that end there are 2 that instantly spring to mind.

Ringu - I was lucky enough to see this over 10 years ago before anyone had heard of it,before the crappy remake and before it was spoofed into oblivion.Very simple premise but its execution is nothing short of amazing.The final scene
    with Sadako climbing from the TV
    scared the bejaysus out of me.

The other movie that freaked my out was Martyrs.Id heard alot about it but didnt know much about it so sat to watch it on a whim one Sunday afternoon.

Holy hell did that movie effect me.I genuinely cannot remember when a movie stuck with me for so long after viewing it.I havnt watched it since,not that it scared me,but because its such a tough movie to endure.Must give it a spin again soon.

Fishie wrote: »

Definitly the old lady.The idea of inter species homoeroticism isnt my thang plus I reckon the old lady would have regular pedicures so her toes would be in good condition.

ned - how manly are you? i mean percentage wise.

Hmmm,define manly?

I like sports,like pints,like steak,can grow a beard,I love working outside and getting mucky.

On the other side I know nothing about cars,would be kinda crappy at DIY stuff and am a rubbish fighter.

I guess somewhere between 70 and 80 percent manly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Describe your ultimate sandwich. In detail.

Who is your favourite director of horror?

Tough choice but I guess if push comes to shove Id have to give it to John Carpenter.

He gave us Halloween and pretty much defined the slasher movie as we know it.An unstoppable killer,attractive teens,bucket loads of tension,a self penned instantly recognisible score,it is IMO the perfect horror movie.With alot of directors they can tend to be one hit wonders,not so JC.He went on to make the outstandingly eerie The Fog,the genre bending shocker that is The Thing and the gore filled beer and pizza horror Vampires.

He has been relatively quiet the last number of years and what he has put out (Im looking at you Ghosts of Mars) has been sub par by his standards but he has proven that when called upon he can still deliver the goods.He directed the short "Cigarette Burns" for the Masters of Horror series and the boxset is worth buying for it alone.Id urge anyone with an interest in horror to check it out.
    reallyrose wrote: »
    Describe your ultimate sandwich. In detail.

Bakery fresh white bread,mayo on both slices,then roast beef,more mayo,then sliced turkey,thick edam cheese,more mayo,then a selection of lettuce,pickles,and onion,ballymaloe relish,more cheese,sliced salami,more mayo,finally some sliced chorizo to top it off.

Hells yeah!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Where does the name Otis Driftwood come from?

And is it wrong that I start humming "sitting on the dock of the bay" whenever I see you?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Bakery fresh white bread,mayo on both slices, stuff, more mayo,then stuff,more stuff,more mayo,then a selection of stuff,more mayo,finally some stuff to top it off.

Hells yeah!

you sound like my kinda sandwich partner!

Have you seen 'The Ward'?

Where does the name Otis Driftwood come from?

Its from The Devils Rejects,the charector played by Bill Mosley,tis also my avatar.Feckin love that movie!

For the geeks out there (like me :o) he also played "Chop Top" in Texas Chainsaw Massacre part 2.
    And is it wrong that I start humming "sitting on the dock of the bay" whenever I see you?!

Hmmmm,I dunno,is there any particular reason?

If it puts you in good humour then I aint got a problem with it!
    Have you seen 'The Ward'?

Not as yet,given that I live outside of Dublin the chances of catching it on the big screen are minimal so I will probably try and download it this weekend.I do want to see it but have heard somewhat mixed reviews thus far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Hmmmm,I dunno,is there any particular reason?

Think it's the Otis bit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

you are a man utd fan,pick a team with the best players past & present.

what game left you near to tears with the result win or lose.

david beckham or ruud Van Nistelrooy ? IYO who was the best ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

You can only eat one item of food for the rest of your life. What do you choose?

• Moderators Posts: 51,724 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Seeing as you watch a lot of lesser-known horror movies, at least to a non-horror fan, have you ever started to watch a horror movie and have a "feck that! no way I'm watching that sick stuff!" moment?

If you can read this, you're too close!

what game left you near to tears with the result win or lose.
    david beckham or ruud Van Nistelrooy ? IYO who was the best ?

I will come back to the team one later,need to think about it!

The game I found most draining was the CL final against Chelsea.It wasnt a particulary great game but it went to penalties.When they missed and we won it I just went batsh1t mental.I was in Sinnotts with some mates and a couple of hundred United fans.Words cant do the atmospherd justice.

Interesting question being that they were 2 very different players and I rated both very highly.I guess Id have to give it to Becks though because of his career lenght with United and what he helped the team acheive and his overall contribution.

• Advertisement

You can only eat one item of food for the rest of your life. What do you choose?

Fillet steak,no question!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement