Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dream that I am pregnant?

Options
  • 20-02-2011 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭

I have recently been having a lot of dreams that I am pregnant.

Also a lot start off with me drinking and smoking a lot (I smoke btw) and then realising i'm pregnant and then not knowing what damage I have done.

Mostly of early pregnancy, no bump. But 1 or 2 of myself with a bump.

What does this mean? Is it my subconscious telling me I want to be pregnant or have a baby or is there a completely different meaning?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

its telling you to stop smoking just in case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Monife wrote: »

Also a lot start off with me drinking and smoking a lot (I smoke btw) and then realising i'm pregnant and then not knowing what damage I have done.

Mostly of early pregnancy, no bump. But 1 or 2 of myself with a bump.

What does this mean? Is it my subconscious telling me I want to be pregnant or have a baby or is there a completely different meaning?

I'm not really a regular visitor to the forum, but when I was younger I used to have so many realistic dreams that I decided to read up on them. Once or twice I dreamed the same thing in my teens, and while pregnancy itself wasn't something I'd wanted or felt that I was in danger of :pac: I wanted to know what was going on once I hit the pillow.

After cross-referencing several books, it would seem that being pregnant in a dream has rarely a connection to actually being pregnant, or wanting to be pregnant. Seemingly it has more to do with the end of one way of life, and the beginning (or birth) of a new way of life.

Curiously, you bring smoking and drinking into the equation. Is it a possibility that you might have background concerns about it? Maybe you're telling yourself its time to cut out / cut back?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Thanks for that Abi.

Sounds spot on. Joined Weight Watchers in November last (lost 33.5lbs so far, about 90lbs or so to go) and it has completely revamped my way of thinking of food and made me waaay more healthy.

I know deep down that I should quit smoking, but I don't feel I am ready or have the will power yet. I have made a promise to myself that when I reach my goal weight and maintain it for a while, that I will seek my doctors advice and try and quit. (Smoke approx 15/17 a day)

I don't think it would be about drink as I only have a few (by few I really mean only 3, max 4 standard measures of vodka and diet 7up) on Friday and Saturday. And very occasionally, I would go out for a friends birthday and would probably consume all weekly units plus a bit more in one night, but as I said, this is rare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Thanks for that Abi.

Sounds spot on. Joined Weight Watchers in November last (lost 33.5lbs so far, about 90lbs or so to go) and it has completely revamped my way of thinking of food and made me waaay more healthy.

I know deep down that I should quit smoking, but I don't feel I am ready or have the will power yet. I have made a promise to myself that when I reach my goal weight and maintain it for a while, that I will seek my doctors advice and try and quit. (Smoke approx 15/17 a day)

I don't think it would be about drink as I only have a few (by few I really mean only 3, max 4 standard measures of vodka and diet 7up) on Friday and Saturday. And very occasionally, I would go out for a friends birthday and would probably consume all weekly units plus a bit more in one night, but as I said, this is rare.

Well done, I'd say you're chuffed with that, and may it continue for you! You sound like a woman on a mission. Best of luck with it, and hopefully at some time in the future you manage to kick the ciggy habit too :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

Take some responsibility, don't be careless and don't waste your time, that's what the dream telling. A dream is call of nature, when nature is kind on someone it gives its message in this form. The dream can have the exact meaning what they are telling you and also they have opposite meaning.
    Please i can clearly see which you can't see, what your words are telling. Please don't waste your body by drinking and smoking. The call of nature in which it gave its message in form of pregnancy can also means that the smoking and drinking can put burden in your life which you can't bear. I never drank (wine etc) and smoke in my whole life. That's what which give me power to see what ordinary people can't see. You can either damage your mind or you can save your mind to unveil the heart. Majority of people waste their mind and i am not one of majority.

I hope i have given you the clear meaning of your dream as what your word reflects .

thank you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Roisy7

I also had one like that, very weird, no intention of getting pregnant for quite a while.

Can see the beginning of a new way of life meaning, as I'm moving away soon...
    My question is... the father? The father of my baby in my dream was a very inappropriate person.... :confused:

Advertisement