Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Music Festival - July 30th 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

The Eng. derivative 'festival' has come to be applied to gatherings in which one or several of the arts is celebrated.

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/festivals#ixzz1FwDTQ6ub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Well jesus it must be bad to be only getting ONE huge gig in waterford this summer. My deepest sympathys for the rough 3 WEEKS of speculation ye've been through. I cant believe the attitude around here. If I was still living in Waterford this summer I'd probably go, regardless of the acts. A huge gig like this out the road? But shur that doesnt matter when ye've been biting yer nails for 3 WEEKS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Well jesus it must be bad to be only getting ONE huge gig in waterford this summer. My deepest sympathys for the rough 3 WEEKS of speculation ye've been through. I cant believe the attitude around here. If I was still living in Waterford this summer I'd probably go, regardless of the acts. A huge gig like this out the road? But shur that doesnt matter when ye've been biting yer nails for 3 WEEKS.

A huge gig like what?

My mind remains unblown.

dayshah wrote: »
    A huge gig like what?

My mind remains unblown.

Jesus christ. You'd swear the 30th of July was tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Jasus people are fixated with this now, some are acting like spoiled children. It's the lads first time organising this so give them a break, move on with your lives and at some point we'll hear a announcement.
    I don't care if it is someone who i hate as long as there's an attempt being made to do something in this town.

• Advertisement

Jesus christ. You'd swear the 30th of July was tomorrow.

I don't particularly mind that they might have some legal issues and can't give out information. But the bumping of the thread and baseless hype reminds me of the last government. Sure if we all believe hard enough it will happen.

I think less of the hype and a more professional approach to promotion.

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if it is all a hoax. Some sort of silly art project whereby people pretend there will be a concert to see what sort of reaction is generated.

Boooourns wrote: »
    Jasus people are fixated with this now, some are acting like spoiled children. It's the lads first time organising this so give them a break, move on with your lives and at some point we'll hear a announcement.
    I don't care if it is someone who i hate as long as there's an attempt being made to do something in this town.

If you book them, they will come.

I don't particularly mind that they might have some legal issues and can't give out information. But the bumping of the thread and baseless hype reminds me of the last government. Sure if we all believe hard enough it will happen.

I think less of the hype and a more professional approach to promotion.

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if it is all a hoax. Some sort of silly art project whereby people pretend there will be a concert to see what sort of reaction is generated.

I wouldnt exactly compare the actions of the Fianna Fail government to a 3 week old thread hyping a concert myself now. How long are tickets for Oxygen, etc... onsale before theres a band announced like?

I'd be very dissapointed if this was a hoax. It could be a great thing for the city. By the looks of this thread though you'd swear nobody wants it.

I wouldnt exactly compare the actions of the Fianna Fail government to a 3 week old thread hyping a concert myself now. How long are tickets for Oxygen, etc... onsale before theres a band announced like?

I'd be very dissapointed if this was a hoax. It could be a great thing for the city. By the looks of this thread though you'd swear nobody wants it.

Fianna Fáil were all talk. That is what I meant. Over-hyping something is very annoying to me.

Oxygen has a history to back up its hype. This thing doesn't.
    Maybe its meant to be part of the Spraoi weekend.

I'd like a big concert to happen. But all I have to go on are the PR skills of those involved. If that's anything to go by...

If the people are serious they should make an announcement saying details will be released 1st April, or whenever, rather than 2 weeks ago.

Anyway, who are the promoters, and what sort of experience have they of handling large crowds. Few things are more annoying than early April fools jokes.

Fianna Fáil were all talk. That is what I meant. Over-hyping something is very annoying to me.

Oxygen has a history to back up its hype. This thing doesn't.
    Maybe its meant to be part of the Spraoi weekend.

I'd like a big concert to happen. But all I have to go on are the PR skills of those involved. If that's anything to go by...

If the people are serious they should make an announcement saying details will be released 1st April, or whenever, rather than 2 weeks ago.

Anyway, who are the promoters, and what sort of experience have they of handling large crowds. Few things are more annoying than early April fools jokes.

Fianna Fail were in government for 14 years or whatever it was, not 3 weeks though. I'd hardly call a facebook page, a website and two or three official posts "over hype" either.

And you're right, this doesnt have history. It's new. Therefore, it needs time, etc.. Not people whinging after a few days that they dont already know everything!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

And you're right, this doesnt have history. It's new.

You're dead right here but you're interpreting it differently. Because this is new and has no history, the organisers have built up no trust with the public and have no record of delivering on promises. In business, you have to build that trust. By failing to announce any more information etc within a time-frame they themselves supplied, they've fallen at the first hurdle in this respect. So to then go on and continue posting in the same vein (Massive name to be announced soon, biggest thing to ever hit Waterford), they're going to irritate people because the public at large have no reason to believe them whatsoever. That's what's going on here.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    You're dead right here but you're interpreting it differently. Because this is new and has no history, the organisers have built up no trust with the public and have no record of delivering on promises. In business, you have to build that trust. By failing to announce any more information etc within a time-frame they themselves supplied, they've fallen at the first hurdle in this respect. So to then go on and continue posting in the same vein (Massive name to be announced soon, biggest thing to ever hit Waterford), they're going to irritate people because the public at large have no reason to believe them whatsoever. That's what's going on here.

I can understand where you're coming from but I dont think that justifies the endless whinging that has gone on here.

Shur look, either way I hope its a great success

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I can understand where you're coming from but I dont think that justifies the endless whinging that has gone on here.

Meh it's the internet, people like to bitch. :P
    Shur look, either way I hope its a great success

I hope so too. I'm sure everyone here agrees on that.

But can we at least have some information on who is organising it.

Surely they can announce that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

As Waterford United are playing at home on the 29th of July, how can they expect to have this whole thing in place in less than 24 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭scico rocks

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    As Waterford United are playing at home on the 29th of July, how can they expect to have this whole thing in place in less than 24 hours?

This sounds more and more like a scam. I'd imagine any promoter would have made a formal announcement by now, not just an odd post on a forum. So, well done, you got some people talking (got most people annoyed!). Still, Tall Ships, Spraoi etc is gonna make for a good summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Minstrel27 wrote: »

not according to fixtures on Blues' website.

According to the Airtricity League website they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Yeah you're right according to the Airtricity Website, Waterford Utd are playing on 29th at home. Match will finish about 9.45 pm. So if this is to be a festival then there should be acts on all day, with the first one expected to be around 2pm for arguments sake. If the Airtricity website is correct, this festival is definitely a hoax.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Boooourns

There'll be an announcement in 24 days.......

• Advertisement

Boooourns wrote: »
    There'll be an announcement in 24 days.......

You mean 1st April?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭wtrdfrd18

Awh god.. this thread is so funny..

Either everyone is right and it's all complete and utter bull****, or, a they really are evil genuis' and ,as random as it may sound, 50 cent IS coming to the RSC this July!

Either way i can't wait to see how this one pans out.. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 stickysten

wtrdfrd18 wrote: »
    Awh god.. this thread is so funny..

Either everyone is right and it's all complete and utter bull****, or, a they really are evil genuis' and ,as random as it may sound, 50 cent IS coming to the RSC this July!

Either way i can't wait to see how this one pans out.. :P

50cent?? hasnt had a hit in years, no way would i pay 60 bucks to see him even if it is down the road..... but congrats for at least trying to put a show on for the city....

• Registered Users Posts: 14 johnjoe123

50 cent's last album was a huge flop, couldn't sell out the marquee in cork which is half the size of this planned "festival" don't know how they think they are going to fill the RSC on such short notice for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭scico rocks

Its a joke, scam, whatever............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

24 hours is plenty of times lads

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

stickysten wrote: »
    50cent?? hasnt had a hit in years, no way would i pay 60 bucks to see him even if it is down the road..... but congrats for at least trying to put a show on for the city....

€60! Doesnt matter anyway. I will be standing on the dump or on the ring road!!

O Riain wrote: »
    24 hours is plenty of times lads

Oh really? Will they be using a lorry trailer for a stage or building a proper one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭decies

Perhaps this thread should be closed until actual announcement made to discourage other threads like , eh you can use your own imagination!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Still no word on this my god , i dont think they have us on the edge of our seats with excitement more like pulling our bloody hair out with frustration :( seems to me its publicity stunt for someone maybe :confused: or plain scam.

Advertisement