Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girl in love with best friend but so scared!

Options
  • 18-02-2011 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi Girls!!

Already posted this in the gentlemen's club but i definitely wanted the girls side too so here i am! ( I did just copy and paste- apologies but it's too long a thread as it is!)

This is my first post so be kind, i'm a big fan of boards and the banter that comes with advice that in my case is badly needed.

I'm a female, 28 with enough common sense to know better but it seems i've fallen in love with my best friend. He's the closest person to me although I have hard time explaining that to him due to my stubbornness with letting people know i need them. He's the best man i've ever met, always known this but in the last year my feelings for him have gone out of control despite me fighting them. I don't want to fancy him so much because if i lost him i'd be devastated. He means the world to me.

Anyways, we're friends for eight years, BUT i went out with a mutual friend of ours for 6 months bout 7 years ago and then got back with him bout four years ago for a summer fling. It sounds shallow but that's why i can admit it on an internet forum- I didn't think much of myself and it just happened even though it really wasn't what i wanted just all i thought i deserved. My Ex wasn't very nice- not mean or anything just made me feel used and cheap i guess.

The ex, to me isn't the point- i know i didn't have feelings for him and the fact that i knew i'd never fall in love with him was part of the draw- i didn't want the commitment issues. To be honest i never think of him even though it was he who ended it (a day before i was going to...grr) but i think my friend thinks it was more than it was- he's a romantic!

What i want to know is whether any of you have ever woken up one day and realised that you really care about a friend who you've been close to for ages and whether the fact that you'd gone out with a friend of his years ago would matter? This also applies if a fella interested in you had gone out with a friend of yours years ago- would that be an immediate no?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Hi there!

I appreciate you want advice but the advice forums are in the Personal Issues forum. Please don't post the same post in multiple threads/forums - it's known as spamming and it gets a dim reception.

You might find it handy to read the rules stickied on the front page of each forum to find out what the deal is within each forum...and for a general posting guide, I'd recommend reading FAQ's.

All the best :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement