Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wisdom tooth pain - help!

Options
  • 16-02-2011 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Advice please. Just wondering if I can insist on getting my lower wisdom tooth out. Everytime I've gone to my own dentist about it, she has shrugged off my pain. Basically, my lower right wisdom tooth is very sensitive and sore to touch, especially around the gumline. I have pressure radiating around my ear and down my shoulder when the pain is very bad. I feel like a hypochondriac everytime I go to the dentist.

I recently had my upper wisdom tooth on my right side taken out and the problems like tension headache and dizziness on the right side has eased. I'm still getting slight pain in my right shoulder, right side of my face around my jaw line.
    Do you think i'd be better off going to my GP at this stage and inisit on an x-ray too?

Thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

mvb wrote: »
    Advice please. Just wondering if I can insist on getting my lower wisdom tooth out. Everytime I've gone to my own dentist about it, she has shrugged off my pain. Basically, my lower right wisdom tooth is very sensitive and sore to touch, especially around the gumline. I have pressure radiating around my ear and down my shoulder when the pain is very bad. I feel like a hypochondriac everytime I go to the dentist.

I recently had my upper wisdom tooth on my right side taken out and the problems like tension headache and dizziness on the right side has eased. I'm still getting slight pain in my right shoulder, right side of my face around my jaw line.
    Do you think i'd be better off going to my GP at this stage and inisit on an x-ray too?

Thanks in advance.

Post up your diet and programme and we might be able to help.

Also consult the stickies for...wait a minute..:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gymsoldier

All you need is a Lambo and some balls, pain gone :D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uNq_6oiyFA&feature=related

(POOR QUALITY VIDEO)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

If your own dentist does not want to remove it (which is understandable if its in an awkward position or close to a particular nerve that could potentially be damaged) then just ask to be referred to an oral surgeon, removing lower wisdom teeth is their bread and butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

mvb wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

why would you go to a GP about wisdom tooth pain? more often than not, in cases of pericoronitis (when the gum around the unerupted wisdom tooth gets inflammed and infected) they give the wrong antibiotics.

go to your dentist. tell them that you'd like to have it removed, either with her, or with an oral surgeon if she's unhappy to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 weeeeeeeezy

if you are not happy with your dentist would you not go to another dentist for a second opinion. I had to wisdom teeth removed sugically cos I kept complaining of pain from them so dentist did and x ray for me and referred me to surgeon, seems odd that your dentist is not listening to your wishes and the fact that you are in pain

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

See what happens when you add the "health" to the title. :)

Op, I believe there's a dental forum on boards, you might be better off posting there.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

OP ive closed this as its medical advice which is against the forum charter. Please try the dental forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement