Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

horror pics

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

I'm sure she was winking at me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

I'm sure she was winking at me ;)

bit of dust in her eye just :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Don't ya just love a nice builders bum :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭GASMANN

s.v capped.jpg

s.v capped 2.jpg

gas supply 1.jpg

gas supply 2.jpg

gas supply 3.jpg

might get this thread going again, the gas supply pics were piped around flower pots and wheelie bins originally.
    the safety valve on a vokera mynute was capped because it was dripping in the hall of the apt. an rgi said it would "keep the heat on during bad weather". the expansion vessel had failed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Has anyone seen the video on Youtube of the job a polish plumber did on a house in Cork.

Waste water pipes running accross the ceilings.

Its so shocking,yet so funny to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Yep,thats the 1 indeed.

PMSL at it when I watched it originaly.

yeah I love that clip especially the toilet pics and rads haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

GASMANN wrote: »
    s.v capped.jpg

s.v capped 2.jpg

gas supply 1.jpg

gas supply 2.jpg

gas supply 3.jpg

might get this thread going again, the gas supply pics were piped around flower pots and wheelie bins originally.
    the safety valve on a vokera mynute was capped because it was dripping in the hall of the apt. an rgi said it would "keep the heat on during bad weather". the expansion vessel had failed.

Them pictures are horific :eek:

Don't know how people got away with not running safety valves outside ,it's nearly as bad as capping it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

This left me speechless: Inner flue not even connected causing the boiler to explosive ignition.

flue.jpg

fluea.jpg

flueb.jpg

fluec.jpg

flued.jpg

fluee.jpg

• Advertisement

Micky ,was it the builder who done that to the flue ??
    That acrylic plastering is expensive Ive heard and they do something like that???

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    Micky ,was it the builder who done that to the flue ??
    That acrylic plastering is expensive Ive heard and they do something like that???

It was the SEAI Registered external insulation contractor that did it.

All the crap they put us through and they have complete cowboys doing work for them.
    Some things never change.

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    All the crap they put us through and they have complete cowboys doing work for them.
    Some things never change.

And they would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those pesky RGI's :pac:

Im suprised the glowworm tried to fire with the flue like that.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

This thread makes me wonder what the ordinary Joe Soap is supposed to do when even RGI and SEAI etc. installers are making such a botch job of these things. I mean you go out of your way to use registered companies (presumably at higher cost) and you can still end up with poor (sometimes dangerous) work?

A lot of people wouldn't even notice the capped safety valve as to the untrained eye, nothing looks wrong with it. At least with some of the other botch jobs they look awful as well as everything else, but the safety valve might appear to some people as just not required for their install.

As for the "Polish plumbers" video - I don't think the sentiment of "never let a Polish plumber in your house" is very fair or helpful. I've had really good Polish tradesmen in the house and really crap Irish ones, and I'm sure the reverse can also be true - so I think it's unfair to generalise like that. It has to be said though whoever gave those plumbers (Polish or otherwise) a penny after leaving the house in that state needs their head examined.

id be taking those pics and reporting that cowboy contractor to the SEAI and demanding the work be put right for free.

paddy147 wrote: »
    id be taking those pics and reporting that cowboy contractor to the SEAI and demanding the work be put right for free.

That is outside my remit, I did however issue a notice of hazard to the property owner of which RGI will receive a copy. I then proceeded to cap off gas supply to boiler and rendered it unusable.

I have since done remedial work on the flue and the contractor paid in full before hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

Customer......... Could you come and give my boiler a quick service ??

Engineer .......... No problem, when was it last serviced ???

Customer ......... Just last year, but it seems to have stopped :cool:

That was probably a €70 service. Change the nozzle and F**K off.

s.v capped.jpg

s.v capped 2.jpg

gas supply 1.jpg

gas supply 2.jpg

gas supply 3.jpg

These people are taking work from us, it makes me so mad:mad:. I have to start taking pics of dodgy work I see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭GASMANN

gas supply on footpathh.jpg

seen this today , its at the front door of a house. 3/4 315 joins the wicu to the supply going into the building ( what sleeve? ) its exposed for about 8' in total and just lying on the path. Enjoy

I'm getting really pissed off with the amount of twats working on gas with no come back, I had a boiler last week where a RGI fitted a 7 bar blow off by swapping over innards of the discharge valve, I'v never seen that before:mad:.

gas supply on footpathh.jpg

seen this today , its at the front door of a house. 3/4 315 joins the wicu to the supply going into the building ( what sleeve? ) its exposed for about 8' in total and just lying on the path. Enjoy

That is just absolutely unbelievable. One of those seen to believed one's :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

HoggyRS wrote: »

we have a winner...thats the best laugh ive had in ages and i know nothing about plumbing:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I'v no photos of this, I came across a 3 story house let out 6 bedsits with 3/4 qualpex clipped up the stairwell reduced down to each gas cooker with garden hose.

aujopimur wrote: »
    I'v no photos of this, I came across a 3 story house let out 6 bedsits with 3/4 qualpex clipped up the stairwell reduced down to each gas cooker with garden hose.

that should be reported

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

aujopimur wrote: »

Even the very worst handyman wouldn't do that, I find it hard to believe someone could be that stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Stove Fan

Davy wrote: »
    Even the very worst handyman wouldn't do that, I find it hard to believe someone could be that stupid

My gas lecturer told me of a very similar setup where standard garden hose and hoselock adapters had been used in a landlords property to supply gas in the whole property to 3 bedsits:eek:. This was in the UK. The landlord thought it fine:mad:

The tenant phoned him as they could smell gas.

Stove Fan:)

Advertisement