Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need Advice

• 15-02-2011 11:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

Well more so a friend does. I'm a rugby player and would consider myself pretty knowledgeable in what I should eat and what I shouldn't eat but a female friend asked me recently if I'd help her put together a program and diet for her. Now when it comes to the program I'm fine but I'm slightly confused diet wise. I'm guessing her diet should be more or less the same foods I'm eating but in smaller portions?

My daily diet:

7:30 - 3 Weetabix + semi skimmed milk + 6 eggs scrambled 2 yolks

9:30 - Tin of tuna

11 - Protein Shake and a banana

12:30 - 2 chicken fillets or turkey etc.

3:30 - Protein shake + piece of fruit

5:30 - Whatever Mammy makes

7:30 - 3 weetabix + semi skimmed milk

What confuses me is what should she be eating in a typical day? I know we should take into account bodyweight / exercise etc. But lets say a girl 133lbs doing weight training 3 times a week then she has gaelic training once a week and a match at the weekened. Objective is to lose some weight and tone up. The main problem is I only know whats worked for me :confused:

Cheers,
    Oisín

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,677 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

A good diet for males or females is no different really, just the portion sizes.
    And that comes down to BMR.

The portion sizes are also depend on if somebody is trying to put on muscle or lose fat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gymsoldier

For your personal diet, it seems you are not getting a whole lot of carbs in daily, considering you play rugby etc. and it is highly energy consuming.

Advertisement