Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drunk In Work?????

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭k4kate

Cicero wrote: »
    *Cancels Summer holiday flight and books ferry instead*:)[/QUOTE

ha ha, but you are safe.

Truth is I can barely manoevre my little car around my home town, much less pilot a plane.

Are women allowed to be pilots?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

[/QUOTE
    Are women allowed to be pilots?:)[/QUOTE]
    Reckon as long as you stay away from the drinkabees when flying, you'll be fine...;)

[/QUOTE
    Are women allowed to be pilots?:)
    Reckon as long as you stay away from the drinkabees when flying, you'll be fine...;)[/QUOTE]

Maybe I am one of those people who is more relaxed and therefore better at driving/flying when drinking. :)

k4kate wrote: »
    Maybe I am one of those people who is more relaxed and therefore better at driving/flying when drinking. :)

I'll take your word for it...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Never done it myself but I used to have a desk next to a ropey old woman who did - often. She had personal problems and got tanked 4 days out of 5 at lunchtime, I mean absolutely sh*tfaced. She was a handful at the best of times but totally out of control once she'd had a few. Our desks were separated by filing cabinets and one afternoon she turned (hammered) to slur talk to me, with just the filing cabinet between us, went a little green and then grabbed open the top drawer of the cabinet and vomited into it. The whole place was covered and she just wiped her face with her sleeve and kept talking. When it started running out of the holes at the bottom of the drawer I made my excuses and left the office. She was sacked not long after for stealing the charity collection box ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

WYJek.jpg

captain midnight, i love it

pow wow is that true cos it sounds like an episode of a sit com or a joke from stand up

I'll take your word for it...:p[/QUO

Who wants to meet me on sat 9th july at 16:00 in waterford till we try it out. I will have 2 pints.Spaces in my car limited to 4 passengers so 1st come 1st served:D

I'll take your word for it...:p[/QUO

Who wants to meet me on sat 9th july at 16:00 in waterford till we try it out. I will have 2 pints.Spaces in my car limited to 4 passengers so 1st come 1st served:D

you serve beer in your car?????:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

pow wow is that true cos it sounds like an episode of a sit com or a joke from stand up

It is 100% true, feel free to use it in any shows you do :D We still talk about her when we all meet up, she was the kind of hot mess you'd look at and think 'how did you get a job dealing with the public???'

• Advertisement

you serve beer in your car?????:eek:
    Cicero, I have done many things in my car but serve beer is not one.

You are welcome to bring your own though and imbibe while i drive. The way i drive it could be considered medicinal

pow wow wrote: »
    It is 100% true, feel free to use it in any shows you do :D We still talk about her when we all meet up, she was the kind of hot mess you'd look at and think 'how did you get a job dealing with the public???'

I know one or two of those quite worried i may be considered to be one of those

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

You're not a heart surgeon or such by any chance? That would be very bad. Went back to work(bookbinding)once on acid. Interesting.

I did the same, in a chipper was I was about 16. For some reason when I ate it on the Saturday I thought I would be fine in the morning. No chance. Not a wink of sleep and into work. Freaked out by everything and ended up having to go home sick. Horrible experience.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

pMIjz.jpg

captain midnight, what's with the empty messages

Did your mind go blank

Cicero, I have done many things in my car but serve beer is not one.

You are welcome to bring your own though and imbibe while i drive. The way i drive it could be considered essential

FYP;)

FYP;)

FYP??

Don't know what it means

FYP??

Don't know what it means

Sorry, it means "fixed your post"- Have a re-read of what you posted Vs what I quoted you posted.:)

Sorry, it means "fixed your post"- Have a re-read of what you posted Vs what I quoted you posted.:)

You were right. Ta

Are you a techer, em a teecher em a teacher

You were right. Ta

Are you a techer, em a teecher em a teacher

no..are you an acaha...alcha......lover of booze?:p

• Advertisement

no..are you an acaha...alcha......lover of booze?:p

Ha ha ha:D

Nope, in fact I hardly ever drink.
    I just post that for the laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 uSmellLikeSoup

I've never done it on purpose, but have gone in the 'morning after the night before' and was still quite on it. Not nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I used to work at sea and we were drunk all the time. The first thing you would here every morning is the sound of cans opeining in the various cabins - this would continue on off all day until last thing at night when the frequency of can opening reduced, as the crew fell into a deep beer induced slumber.

A couple of lads were so bad they would hide cans all over the ship so they would never be too far away from a drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭hatz7

Was considering getting drunk in work one day for the hell of it
    (but of course am chicken)

Anyone ever do it and what resulted?

Used to work in a bar doing split shifts and regularly had a good few pints during the break, no one ever noticed, nd some days I would of been pretty hammered.

When working in a fast food chain, I did it once, I was proper drunk too, but the heat, standing in front of the hot plate doing burgers etc was torture.
    I got a good bollickin from the boss alright the next day once they found out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

i get to smoke, drink and drive on the job without anyone giving me grief.

my employees do what i tell them, no questions asked. in fact, they dont mind at all. they just laze about all day and thats fine with me

the work is very hard and fulfilling, but i can take a tea/beer/spliff break whenever i want. it aint easy, but its sure as hell fun.

id recommend being a farmer to anyone :)

kkdela6 wrote: »
    i get to smoke, drink and drive on the job without anyone giving me grief.

my employees do what i tell them, no questions asked. in fact, they dont mind at all. they just laze about all day and thats fine with me

the work is very hard and fulfilling, but i can take a tea/beer/spliff break whenever i want. it aint easy, but its sure as hell fun.

id recommend being a farmer to anyone :)

Ha ha, didn't see punchline coming at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

murphym7 wrote: »
    I used to work at sea and we were drunk all the time. The first thing you would here every morning is the sound of cans opeining in the various cabins - this would continue on off all day until last thing at night when the frequency of can opening reduced, as the crew fell into a deep beer induced slumber.

A couple of lads were so bad they would hide cans all over the ship so they would never be too far away from a drink.

Jaysus, that sounds hardcore. Was it a merchant ship or a passenger ship?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭scwazrh

In the "gud All days" when us builders where actually needed , A crew I worked with used to drink in a different pub every day.We actually started a score card within the company of the pubs to go to depending on what area you where working in.
    And we wonder why builders have a bad name:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i did it on new years day 2009. i was standing behind the carvery in my thermal vest at one point, locked

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Condon

used to work part time in a petrol station, and hated heading out in town after 11 and play catch-up with ur friends in the pub so every saturday night that we went out me and the lad i worked with used always grab a bottle of wine each off the shelf, and drink it away while working, mighty craic serving people wit a big red sweaty, smiley head on ya! :)

Advertisement