Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNA Against All Odds Results (2/13)

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I really enjoyed the ppv , only bad thing was how much a terrible wrestler Rob Terry is . Overall a great ppv but for some reason Challenge didnt show the Womens match .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Just watched the event. I enjoyed most of it. The Bubba Ray Dvon fight was awful but the build up to it was decent enough, and in fairness they know how to work the crowd but I just can't get excited about them anymore. Every other match was to a pretty high standard though apart from Joe vs Pope. Match of the night for me was Anderson vs Angle. I was hoping Anderson would win but great match nonetheless, I think Jeff fluffed the ending a bit but good recovery after. 8 out of 10 for me overall.

On a side note, where are the MCMG? I know they weren't booked for the PPV but I havn't seen them on impact lately either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Just watched the event. I enjoyed most of it. The Bubba Ray Dvon fight was awful but the build up to it was decent enough, and in fairness they know how to work the crowd but I just can't get excited about them anymore. Every other match was to a pretty high standard though apart from Joe vs Pope. Match of the night for me was Anderson vs Angle. I was hoping Anderson would win but great match nonetheless, I think Jeff fluffed the ending a bit but good recovery after. 8 out of 10 for me overall.

On a side note, where are the MCMG? I know they weren't booked for the PPV but I havn't seen them on impact lately either.

Shelley broke his collarbone earlier this year,so no MCMG.Why Sabin isn't being used i'll never know.Was Bully Ray putting the Kid through a table funny,haven't seen it yet.As far as saying its the worst finish in the buisness what a joke that is.Wasn't Taker beaten by a Lamp in a urn not 5 months ago,yeah that worked. Then again I don't write for wrestling websites that post mma stories,The Rock returned this week funny that I didn't read that on any MMA Site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I really enjoyed the ppv , only bad thing was how much a terrible wrestler Rob Terry is . Overall a great ppv but for some reason Challenge didnt show the Womens match .

It's repeated at 1am on Sunday, maybe they will show the Womans match on this viewing.

By the way, congratulations Challenge TV, showing this PPV on repeat at the exact same time as WWE Elimination Chamber!

http://tv.sky.com/tvlistings?eventId=3420&channelId=2202&epgSearchQuery=TNA%3A%20Against%20All%20Odds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jimmy jailbreak

In the words of Jim Cornette "I'd rather watch a dog lick its balls". If this is what passes for a good PPV these days then f*ck I don't know what to say! With the exception of one maybe two matches (Hardy vs Anderson) every match on this card followed this really rigid southern style formula. Slow paced wrestling, lame ass heel antics combined with TNA's trademark retarded booking.

• Advertisement

Jim Cornette is the definition of the rigid Southern style formula so I don't know why you're quoting him to get your point across. I agree with you that some of the booking was off, but Jerry Lawler vs The Miz doesn't strike me as a hi-octane thrill ride of a match either. Better PPV overall than the Royal Rumble IMO. Dvon v Bubba was admittedly kak though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jimmy jailbreak

Jim Cornette is the definition of the rigid Southern style formula so I don't know why you're quoting him to get your point across. I agree with you that some of the booking was off, but Jerry Lawler vs The Miz doesn't strike me as a hi-octane thrill ride of a match either. Better PPV overall than the Royal Rumble IMO. Dvon v Bubba was admittedly kak though.

I just like the quote and thought I'd credit Cornette for saying it. But your talking out your ass if you think this was better than RR.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Was it just me or did hardy screw up the ending

I just like the quote and thought I'd credit Cornette for saying it. But your talking out your ass if you think this was better than RR.

I am not talking out of my ass, I thought it was a better ppv I'm just being honest. Ziggler V Edge- pretty average match. The Miz v Orton- ok. Divas match- not great. And the rumble itself- terrible! Only saving grace was that Del Rio won but probably the worst Rumble I've seen in several years. They could of used Booker and Nash more effectively too. The standard of matches at Against All Odds were better overall.

campo wrote: »
    Was it just me or did hardy screw up the ending

Ya I thought he was meant to grab the title when Anderson fell off the ladder too, recovered well though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭pudgeydev

Hey all, i missed it on Challenge, will it be repeated this week anyone know?? Would love to see the Angle match, the ending of it sounds interesting..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

pudgeydev wrote: »
    Hey all, i missed it on Challenge, will it be repeated this week anyone know?? Would love to see the Angle match, the ending of it sounds interesting..

I doubt it, it was repeated two days ago so I don't think they will air it again.

Advertisement