Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lingerie Bowl - NSFW

Options
  • 14-02-2011 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what the ladies here think of "The Lingerie Bowl"

For those that don't know, it's shown on a different channel to the superbowl & goes on during half time (about 40 minutes in length). They play in sports lingerie (you'll see) & padding on a half length pitch. The league itself is worth tens of millions & the girls are paid a lot of money to play. There's also the accompanying endorsement deals etc. Competition to make the team is huge.

For what it's worth, I've plaid American football & it's a very physical game, these are real athletes. Real injuries are sustained. Training is extremely intensive & goes on for several months before the league begins. It's also very hollywood, a lot of glitz & glamour & drama both on & off the pitch.

For those not familiar with it, it's interesting viewing,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Speaking as a hetrosexual male, its emabarrassing. I'm trying to imagine something like this happening as the warm up for a Champions League final, FA Cup or All Ireland final (!) that I can't suggests its wrong.

Does this version spread the word to the female population or is its leering jock cental?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Ha cool! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Meh, whats the difference between this and cheerleaders? except they're playing the game rather than dancing on the sidelines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Count Duckula

Didn't Sepp Blatter once suggest that if women want people to watch women's football they should wear tighter shorts?

Edit: Yup, he did. He suggest skimpier kits overall, and then claimed that women play with a lighter ball (which is wrong). What a man to be head of FIFA!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/3402519.stm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Didn't Sepp Blatter once suggest that if women want people to watch women's football they should wear tighter shorts?

Edit: Yup, he did. He suggest skimpier kits overall, and then claimed that women play with a lighter ball (which is wrong). What a man to be head of FIFA!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/3402519.stm

Hah, I forgot he said that. He's some man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

There's no real difference between this and the topless handimen service thing in the states except I'd imagine the girls get paid better.

Common knowledge, Sex sells.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

There's no real difference between this and the topless handimen service thing in the states except I'd imagine the girls get paid better.

Common knowledge, Sex sells.

This, its half the reason some women I know watch rugby, to drool over men in shorts, thats ok though apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

That's pretty badass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Count Duckula

krudler wrote: »
    This, its half the reason some women I know watch rugby, to drool over men in shorts, thats ok though apparently.

My mother used to watch rugby with my dad and comment on how good-looking all the players were constantly. It annoyed my dad, not because he felt jealous, but because he wanted to watch the match (up until Wales started losing, of course, then he'd flounce off in a huff)!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

krudler wrote: »
    This is the only direction this thread is going, yet another gender war debate.

I do not see the point of it, on that basis I'm locking it pending further discussion with my fellow mods.

Maple.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement