Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Showering at the Gym/Pool/Public Showers

Options
  • 13-02-2011 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭

Do you?

Can be a little disconcerting I find but nothing too weird...

Knew a guy in school who would rather go home sweaty than take a shower at the gym.

Find some people don't obey shower room 'etiquette' either :eek:

:P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

No problem with me if someone looks at my cock I know I'm straight so as long as no one touches me don't give a fu(k. I like to be clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Doc wrote: »
    No problem with me if someone looks at my cock I know I'm straight so as long as no one touches me don't give a fu(k. I like to be clean.

Ok so, pics or GTFO!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Suppose it can be a bit strange sometimes.
    Dont really have any problem with it but i find a few things disconcerting:
    1. When one of the local priest is in the gym and shower area
    2. When the 70/80 year old men stroll around with there cocks out with no thoughts of covering up especially with young children around

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

I leave the gym without showering.

but then i do live across the road...

Ghandee wrote: »
    Ok so, pics or GTFO!

Na I'm at the bus stop getting it out might cause a commotion

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I'd say it's a whopper is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

orourkeda wrote: »

STAY AWAY FROM MY GYM!!
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Feeded

I never played team sports in school and only started the gym last year. . The gym i use is part of a hotel so they've got doors on seperate cubicles. It's not that i'm prudish, it's just that i shower every morning on my own so why would i want to share such a space with a bunch of strangers?

orourkeda wrote: »

This topic isn't about my genitals. You'll have to join my gym or be a good looking woman to find out ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Always shower in the gym and have no problem letting it all hang out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Dean0088 wrote: »
    STAY AWAY FROM MY GYM!!
    :p

I tend to avoid gyms alright

• Registered Users Posts: 33,175 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Suppose it can be a bit strange sometimes.
    Dont really have any problem with it but i find a few things disconcerting:
    1. When one of the local priest is in the gym and shower area
    2. When the 70/80 year old men stroll around with there cocks out with no thoughts of covering up especially with young children around

By "with their[sic] cocks out" do you mean erect and in their hands? If not, then what's the issue?

Never got the adverse reaction of children and nudity. Reminds me of a woman I knew who brought her 9yo into the ladies changing room with her because she didn't want him looking at naked men (I pointed out to her that he'd be one some day).

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Cybertron85

I don't hang around. I get in the shower, quick wash, quick dry and out of there like a flash without making too much eye contact.

The worst is when you look up to see some fellas hairy arsehole staring back at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

my gym has private cubicles for the ladies showers- prefer to show in private:D

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

I hate making a show of everyone else with my huge cock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

I like to tuck my bollox between my legs and do a litte dance

[Embedded Image Removed]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Im comfortable with my sexuality but showering naked with other men gets a no no from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭alandublin15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭alandublin15

Ricardo G wrote: »
    I like to tuck my bollox between my legs and do a litte dance

[Embedded Image Removed]

think this is what ricardo meant

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Jeez, I never get why the Irish are so uptight about showering / changing in public, or public (appropriate!) nudity generally. I really thought the current generation would have gotten over it, but apparently not.

I remember being on a 'safari' in the Sahara a few years back, and one of the nights we were booked into a "hotel" (really more a hostel) which was situated in an old Bedouin cave village. We went down to get a shower to find that they were located in one of the caves, were mixed, completely open-plan and busy. Ofc, no-one else seemed to have any problem with this apart from the 5 Irish (and two English people who actually fled!). Well, I should say the 4 Irish, because being me I was under a shower and luxuriating in the hot water before I even realised the others were hanging back.

Why are we so uptight about our bodies? Personally, I think it's some kind of a hang-up from the guilt culture of the Catholic Church and a hangover from the Victorian era which seems to have survived in these islands way past its sell-by date!

Isn't it about time we copped on and got over it? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

I'm not a repressed freak so I dont care. Shower is shower as sky is sky. If this were the stone age, would anybody give two ****es? no.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Poor Craythur

Never thought I'd get naked in public but did that Spencer Tunick thing a few years ago to test myself.

Once everyone got their clothes off, it was no big deal. I acclimatised quickly. And I didn't see any fellas walking around with stalks on either! My sis and her boyfriend were there and beforehand she was like "Just look at his cock, just get it over and done with" and said the same to him re: my tits and lady garden. :D We did just that, and it was grand after about a second. In a big crowd of naked people, you don't feel you stick out like a sore thumb, everyone just sort of blends. But going by that event, lots of Irish people of different ages and sizes have no problem getting nekkid. Admittedly, it happened at dawn on Sunday morning so a lot of people were still tanked after their night out. I was completely sober though, it would have diminished the experience for me if I was under the influence of anything.

So, if I ever use a communal shower (haven't yet because I exercise at home) I reckon I'd be OK with getting naked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Never thought I'd get naked in public but did that Spencer Tunick thing a few years ago to test myself.

Once everyone got their clothes off, it was no big deal. I acclimatised quickly. And I didn't see any fellas walking around with stalks on either! My sis and her boyfriend were there and beforehand she was like "Just look at his cock, just get it over and done with" and said the same to him re: my tits and lady garden. :D We did just that, and it was grand after about a second. In a big crowd of naked people, you don't feel you stick out like a sore thumb, everyone just sort of blends. But going by that event, lots of Irish people of different ages and sizes have no problem getting nekkid. Admittedly, it happened at dawn on Sunday morning so a lot of people were still tanked after their night out. I was completely sober though, it would have diminished the experience for me if I was under the influence of anything.

So, if I ever use a communal shower (haven't yet because I exercise at home) I reckon I'd be OK with getting naked.

You got nekkid in front of your sister?!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Einhard wrote: »

They are both girls what’s the big deal. The fact she and her sisters boyfriend where both naked in front of each other that’s another thing don’t know if my x would have been happy with me seeing her sister in the nip. In fact I know she wouldn’t.

I can only assume this is tongue-in-cheek. :p:D
    that’s another thing don’t know if my x would have been happy with me seeing her sister in the nip. In fact I know she wouldn’t.

Thing is, my sister is one of those people who has a very continental attitude to nudity. She is very comfortable with it. So it really was no big deal for her.

They are both girls what’s the big deal. The fact she and her sisters boyfriend where both naked in front of each other that’s another thing don’t know if my x would have been happy with me seeing her sister in the nip. In fact I know she wouldn’t.

Oops, thought she was a guy.
    I can only assume this is tongue-in-cheek. :p:D

Oops, thought you were a guy. Sorry. :o

Oops, thought you were a guy. Sorry. :o

No probs.

No probs.

I re-read your post now. How the feck did I mix that up?? My brain turns to mush this early in the morn!

teeheehee you said tits

Thing is, my sister is one of those people who has a very continental attitude to nudity. She is very comfortable with it. So it really was no big deal for her.

No I think its fine its not like anything was going to happen but my x was the jealous type so me being in a situation where there where any naked ladies that weren’t her would be a big no no. There would have been no way she would have been cool with that situation.

• Advertisement

teeheehee you said tits

:pac:

Advertisement