Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March Intake

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Lucky23 wrote: »
    Same here mate, almost feel like it makes it harder though knowing that i'm so close to getting in but haven't yet!

Me three.

Let's hope for some good news this week. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jacksos

I lost my phone at the weekend so thought i would give appointments a ring to tell them and was shocked to find out they had been trying to ring me yesterday and i have ben offered a spot in the March intake. The girl on the phone said that this was the last intake. Im NRC, merit number 190-200.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Congratulations jacksos - it would seem that after a slow start this intake will include a good few boardsies !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 luckyb123

You Guys.....

I got the call!

Majorly shocked. RC 600-700.

Just like to say a big thankyou to all boardsies for all your help and support. Also a big thankyou for putting up with my ranting.

Good luck everyone.

Bigs hugs and kisses

xxxxxooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 15 numpty80

:rolleyes:CONGRATULATIONS!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭weepete

Congratulations to all the new intakes, at least there is some sort of movement.

As for me had my IST nearly a year ago and AS in May passed with a score of 54/70 don't know my merit score as i haven't been given one think they've forgotten about me.

Wondering if any of the new intakes had a similar timetable to me and how their AS scores compare to me, none of this 190-250 means anything to me, is the merit score based just on the AS score and the 50/50 divide.

Cheers for any responses
    weepete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 mal4893

I was given the number for appointments on here, someone will have it! Ask them for your merit score! The 300-330 thing is a range for your score, don't put in your exact score as it makes it easer for some one to identif you! Good luck but my guessing you've heard nothing because your too far up the list and they will wait till March to find out what it happening and then get in contact with you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Lucky23

I got the call too! So excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit you'll prob want my stats: NRC 200-220

Good luck everyone else, just want to say this process is hugely strenuous with all the waiting and hoping, probably one of the worst job applications you can do but the feeling when they finally offer the job is worth it. Hang on in there everyone!

And thanks boards.ie contributors and moderators for all the info over the last year and a bit!

Lucky23 wrote: »
    I got the call too! So excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats your stat's?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 waiting28

Hi guts just wondering has anyone from the roi got a call for this intake ? ve never emailed vetting so dont even know if mine is complete doesnt look likely at this stage ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

weepete wrote: »
    Congratulations to all the new intakes, at least there is some sort of movement.

As for me had my IST nearly a year ago and AS in May passed with a score of 54/70 don't know my merit score as i haven't been given one think they've forgotten about me.

Wondering if any of the new intakes had a similar timetable to me and how their AS scores compare to me, none of this 190-250 means anything to me, is the merit score based just on the AS score and the 50/50 divide.

Cheers for any responses
    weepete

Are you RC or NRC pete? I got 52/70 in the AC test but was not processed any further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Lucky23

waiting28 wrote: »
    Hi guts just wondering has anyone from the roi got a call for this intake ? ve never emailed vetting so dont even know if mine is complete doesnt look likely at this stage ?

I believe a couple of people from ROI got the call, Shampon being one of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mini00

Hi all,

Been reading the board for a wile but first time poster!!

I got the call today, could not believe it! Thought it was all over and I would have to go through this process all over again for the fourth time!! :mad: I really had given up all hope!

Can't wait to get started and meet all the March intakes at induction!!

Congrats to everyone so far! Such a good feeling!:D

Mini00 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Been reading the board for a wile but first time poster!!

I got the call today, could not believe it! Thought it was all over and I would have to go through this process all over again for the fourth time!! :mad: I really had given up all hope!

Can't wait to get started and meet all the March intakes at induction!!

Congrats to everyone so far! Such a good feeling!:D

Stats?

I'm ashamed to say I do not have a notion!!

I'm ashamed to say I do not have a notion!!

Way to go Mini...........:D

:rolleyes:

Does knowing your stats really make things clearer for anyone in this strange process?

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Are you RC or NRC pete? I got 52/70 in the AC test but was not processed any further.

NRC from a mixed background but put down neither as thats how i view my religious stance, did you get the letter saying "we'll let you know in March" or words to that effect? I contacted them as the letter said about any changes to my situation, had a few so let them know anyway but most importantly expressed my ongoing interest in the job, had to e-mail them as the phone number didn't work, as of yet no e-mail response.

Can anybody PM or send me the number for appointments so I can do some digging, much appreciated folks.

Mod Note - have PM'd you.

Does knowing your stats really make things clearer for anyone in this strange process?

Excellent question to ask Mini , at this stage I'm not too sure if knowing your stats is of much benefit ( hence my '' way to go '' comment ). Vetting status is the really important factor at this stage and no matter how high your scores are if your vetting is held up then you're stalled.

Some folks find it very frustrating and stressful when they see others with lower scores getting the call - in these circumstances ignorance can be bliss ;)

• Advertisement

NRC from a mixed background but put down neither as thats how i view my religious stance, did you get the letter saying "we'll let you know in March" or words to that effect? I contacted them as the letter said about any changes to my situation, had a few so let them know anyway but most importantly expressed my ongoing interest in the job, had to e-mail them as the phone number didn't work, as of yet no e-mail response.

Can anybody PM or send me the number for appointments so I can do some digging, much appreciated folks.

Nope, I got a letter saying my score wasn't high enough to proceed any further.

Nope, I got a letter saying my score wasn't high enough to proceed any further.

Sorry to here that buddy well i must be pretty far down the list then if i just scraped through, that happened me last year deloitte say you've passed then u get the dear john from the psni.

I'm looking forward to see how the recruitment is run next time round if deloitte are no longer doing it, well good luck in any further application, might see you there myself Goonerdee.

Sorry to here that buddy well i must be pretty far down the list then if i just scraped through, that happened me last year deloitte say you've passed then u get the dear john from the psni.

I'm looking forward to see how the recruitment is run next time round if deloitte are no longer doing it, well good luck in any further application, might see you there myself Goonerdee.

Well Pete hopefully you wont see me as you'll be too busy living it large in Garnerville! ;-)

Good luck mate.

Well Pete hopefully you wont see me as you'll be too busy living it large in Garnerville! ;-)

Good luck mate.

I'd say i'll have applied again before i even recieve my vetting forms from this campaign never mind a call to intake

I'd say i'll have applied again before i even recieve my vetting forms from this campaign never mind a call to intake

50/50 hasn't been scrapped yet, until it is all candidates from the last campaign, or even the last two campaigns have a huge chance of first pick.

Thought the plan was to scrap 50/50 next month, all this waiting sucks been trying to contact the psni to get my merit pool score no luck yet, but mayb the psni will do recruitment more like the fire service, i.e make sure your physical enuf before they check your smart enough, but you never know.

Thought the plan was to scrap 50/50 next month, all this waiting sucks been trying to contact the psni to get my merit pool score no luck yet, but mayb the psni will do recruitment more like the fire service, i.e make sure your physical enuf before they check your smart enough, but you never know.

The scrapping of 50/50 hasn't even been implemented yet. So there is every possibility of continuing it. The Police Federation has said it will support 50/50 if the PSNI can recruit 800-1000 more officers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 howya12

Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie to posting. I am a C16er and have been following this thread for the last few weeks. I think its excellant and would like to thank everyone for their efforts.

Anyway I am just posting as I am looking for the number of psni appointments or whoever it is that can tell me my merit pool placing. Could someone please pm me with this number. Thanks a mill.

The scrapping of 50/50 hasn't even been implemented yet. So there is every possibility of continuing it. The Police Federation has said it will support 50/50 if the PSNI can recruit 800-1000 more officers.

Oh yes please, i'll have a bit of that, from things i've heard only 2000 people went for the AS for the 400 odd jobs, so an extra 800 positions may mean theres light at the end of the tunnel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭1986j

From speaking to someone who contacted the PSNI recruitment team they said that those people who were outstanding will not be appointed in the next campaign the way some C14 were appointed in C16 etc

This is what I gathered from speaking to them.

Advertisement