Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - Lego

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

If anyone near the border region. Argos has some sets reduced by a 3rd and very good savings on them. Might be worth checking out their website and going to the store. Argos around now and in January sales were brilliant, shame they didn't even make it until the end of the year here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Yeah, it breaks my heart to look at all those argos discounts and we don't get them any more. A sad day for this country when Argos pulled out.

Yeah massive shame. Argos and Debenhams I would get best lego deals in them 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LEGOJim1989

FYI for LEGO fans there's 20% off at idisplay it until Monday for Black Friday - they do display cases and stands, I got a few for my Star Wars sets :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

What's the import duty like on them? Been considering getting some but they're costly enough without the duty

EDIT: Just see they collect VAT themselves now but shipping is fairly expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

This is fantastic value at Amazon, best discount % I’ve ever seen on these type of Technic sets

LEGO Technic 42115 Lamborghini Sián FKP 37, Maquette Voiture, 1:8, a Construire, Collection, Construction Voiture, pour Adultes https://amzn.eu/d/aRkSlHW

£240, or about €300 when you add in the extras, it’s €350 in Smyths.

Cheap sets on amazon, stocking fillers.

Some different sets available on lego sale. 8 euro off santa sleigh etc. Also spend 50 you get 2 polybag free today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

The haunted house is down from €300 to €210 on Lego.com if anyone is interested. It's retiring soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭T.C.

Darn it.. for anyone who can make it in store today (sorry folks outside of Dublin) they have additional items on sale including the 60365 apt building for 59.50, 60380 downtown for 147, friends amusement park 41737 for 70, and a few more.. and still have the upscaled figure, iron man armoury sets in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I picked up another Christmas tree...I've one built already and it's lovely but it can be split and made into 2 trees...which is what I plan on doing.

I threw in a chip and dale set to bring it up to 56 for free delivery moreso than the gwp , but they were welcome. Then threw in the code for the world of wonder set , then the code for fiver off.

So not a bad haul for €51!!

I want to save myself for the 1st so I'm afraid to look at the sale stuff, in more depth!

Yeah you were right to get the extra Xmas tree. Sure you will be able to display it every Xmas now. Spent 56.50 myself. Went for santa sleigh and the monkie kid set, both in sale. Then put in my lego GWP code as well so will have that coming as well as the 2 polybag.

There's a poster in the Christmas forum who has a massive Christmas Lego display, he posted a picture a few days ago. I plan on copying them.

I've the holiday main street, alpine lodge and Santa's visit. Santa's sleigh, two Christmas trees now, the little polar bear sets and two of the gwp stalls.

I picked up a holiday train(not Lego) in homestore and more to run through it somehow.

Will see how it goes.

I actually should have got that monkey set rather than chip and dale, but I have a massive soft spot for chip and dale 😁

Yeah some people really invest in the lego Xmas sets. Good anyhow as least you can display it over winter time and put away then. You seem to have a good set up there for the Xmas lego. P.S.nothing wrong with Chip and Dale. 👍

So well em 😂, Lego delivery today and I had ordered the monkey set in a previous order 😂🤣🤣 time to step away from the website 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭Ryath

Have resisted the last while, nearly bought Hogwarts Microscale for last week €110 but resisted.

Gave in just now though on Optimus Prime for €95.

Ha worked out well for you. I have bought sets and then forgot about them and then bought them again and found the other 1.

Saw the hogwarts micro scale in lego store today. I'm not into the lego harry Potter but it looked great I would be tempted to buy it if goes down again. Great price on the optimus prime set.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭Ryath

Actually still available at €112. I'm still tempted.

Kids have a good few of the Modular Hogwarts set's but it's massive for display. They've kind of grown out/ lost interest in Lego but the small one would be nice to have.

Post edited by Ryath on

• Advertisement

To be fair it looked brilliant I thought. I think down the line it will be probably my 1st Harry Potter set. You could actually use it and have it set up that it's not even Harry Potter but a castle set in the distance. I was impressed by it now. 112 really good price still but if on the fence hold off as if went down more then likely will again. But pull the trigger if you like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Get Real

Anyone know where I could acquire a Lego Dublin Architecture set? AFAIK they don't exist officially but I know there are groups etc that source pieces to form one based on the city.

Open to an amateur setup as I want one for myself and my business to display.

Also, raging I missed out on the Berlin one about 8 years ago. They're no longer in production!

Thanks for any pointers.

Xmas bauble GWP is 70 euro spend. Xmas horse and carriage GWP is 150 spend. Both from 1st December to 14th December. Also said there might be double insider points in mid December and Xmas polybag GWP mid December. Not sure if better off waiting to see as lego stores might still be giving out the Xmas GWP along with double VIP points and Xmas polybag if they do happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭T.C.

Don't know if anybody uses them, but Very.ie have some argos-style discounts on sets. I've just purchased the Lego City Rocket Launch Centre 60351 set for €83 bucks plus 2 quid shipping. (it was never as high as they say it was at 165 euro, but it is 150 on the lego site)

I just love these sets, but wasn't able to justify the big one at 150 - at 83, on payday, I caved :D

I did notice that they also have the Speed Champions Nissan Skyline for 15, the microscale Hogwarts for 110 and Yavin 4 for 105, which are also decent discounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I cheated on the castle and got one from Temu for 30 quid.

You might want to hold off a few days and get the double insider points.

Might be handy just before Xmas for people.

Got 3 yesterday in smyths. As its reduced and it's 3 for 2 on the annuals was only 6 euro.

In Easons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I saw on an Instagram ad that Stakelums are offering a 20% discount across all their range this Saturday (for international Lego day) both in store and online and they have a great range.

Advertisement