Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - Lego

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Dades wrote: »
    Stock checker for that Star Destroyer:
    http://www.checksmyths.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=135707

Only that the closest to Dublin I can find is Dundalk, I'd be buying it. The petrol and tolls up and back would end up more than the saving.

Also, while on the Smyths site I bought the Star Wars Lego Advent Calendar. They ran out last year and my young fella is already talking about this years one. Better safe than sorry!

Where's your local store ? Maybe the discount is in Ken Blacks as well if you've one near you ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Stock checker for that Star Destroyer:
    http://www.checksmyths.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=135707

Only that the closest to Dublin I can find is Dundalk, I'd be buying it. The petrol and tolls up and back would end up more than the saving.

Also, while on the Smyths site I bought the Star Wars Lego Advent Calendar. They ran out last year and my young fella is already talking about this years one. Better safe than sorry!

Good deal on the calendar. 36.50 in boots 3for 2.

Got my box of Lego from tesco today. Its BIG :)

Got my box of Lego from tesco today. Its BIG :)

I'm raging I missed out on the Tesco one :( oit of interest how many pieces are in the box ? I bet we will see a few appear on Adverts for a good bit more shortly.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Where's your local store ? Maybe the discount is in Ken Blacks as well if you've one near you ?
    Carrickmines Smyths. Never heard of Ken Blacks! Though if he has a Tie Fighter or a Millenium Falcon on sale I'll pay him a visit. :P
    That's some price difference. If you needed a few it might be worth it I suppose.

Carrickmines Smyths. Never heard of Ken Blacks! Though if he has a Tie Fighter or a Millenium Falcon on sale I'll pay him a visit. :P

That's some price difference. If you needed a few it might be worth it I suppose.

Ken Black is a toy store that was taken over by and rebranded as a Smyth's store. There is one in Carlow and Wexford and a few more around the country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Ken Black is a toy store that was taken over by and rebranded as a Smyth's store. There is one in Carlow and Wexford and a few more around the country.

Ken Black just have a buying agreement, long standing, with Smyth's. They were never taken over afaik.

Ken Black just have a buying agreement, long standing, with Smyth's. They were never taken over afaik.

Ah my mistake. Thought I had read something aa few years ago about a buyout.

Is the buying agreement why Ken Black have all the same logos, pricing structure etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

I'm not sure if its a bargain or not but maybe someone here would know better but I just spotted the Lego Imperial Star Destroyer (75055) for €99. Is this a decent price ?

Brilliant Price. Couldn't resist.

Cheers OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Ah my mistake. Thought I had read something aa few years ago about a buyout.

Is the buying agreement why Ken Black have all the same logos, pricing structure etc ?

Yeah, and same catalogue, not sure if you walked in one or the other you could tell the difference, price labels aside. I wouldn't be 100% of my facts either though emmet.

Yeah, and same catalogue, not sure if you walked in one or the other you could tell the difference, price labels aside. I wouldn't be 100% of my facts either though emmet.

Might give Ken Black a ring so and see if the have the Destroyer for €99 and pop down after work.

• Advertisement

I'm raging I missed out on the Tesco one :( oit of interest how many pieces are in the box ? I bet we will see a few appear on Adverts for a good bit more shortly.

1500 pieces.
    It will keep me ...(meant my son) busy for weeks. :)

1500 pieces.
    It will keep me ...(meant my son) busy for weeks. :)

Enjoy :) I have my eye on a Wall-e after this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dbloke

I'm not sure if its a bargain or not but maybe someone here would know better but I just spotted the Lego Imperial Star Destroyer (75055) for €99. Is this a decent price ?

I couldn't resist! I picked one up in Tralee after work. They had at least 3 on the shelf.

Yesterday I couldn't resist buying Lego Dimensions when I was in there!

dbloke wrote: »
    I couldn't resist! I picked one up in Tralee after work. They had at least 3 on the shelf.

Yesterday I couldn't resist buying Lego Dimensions when I was in there!

I'm after taking an hour off work tomorrow evening so I can get to Waterford before the shop closes tomorrow :D

I just spotted in the Argos Bargain Alerts Thread that Argos now offer a price match on toys.

If this is the case they should match the price of the Imperial Destroyer I linked above in Smyth's for €99 down from Argos price of €150. This means a lot more of you guys can pick it up now if you want :) there are also a few available in the Dublin Argos stores.

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=60051&authToken=
    Lego train 60051. 119 in Argos plus €10 voucher to go towards the destroyer;)

£69 on amazon UK.
    https://youtu.be/wH-l9tQfsaA

£69 is around €95. They say in the price match offer they will include delivery charges when comparing items bought online. So maybe they'd match the Train price at around €105. Get your €10 voucher.

Buy Destroyer and add a mini figure to being the price above €100 use you Train €10 voucher and pay €92.99 and get another €10 voucher :DD

Both for €198 and have aa voucher for your next purchase !!

£69 is around €95. They say in the price match offer they will include delivery charges when comparing items bought online. So maybe they'd match the Train price at around €105. Get your €10 voucher.

Buy Destroyer and add a mini figure to being the price above €100 use you Train €10 voucher and pay €92.99 and get another €10 voucher :DD

Both for €198 and have aa voucher for your next purchase !!
    I was debating getting the destroyer - it sounded cool! Saw a video of it and can't see the attraction of it. Very bland.

Haven't read the Argos price match but would imagine its Irish sites only.

I was debating getting the destroyer - it sounded cool! Saw a video of it and can't see the attraction of it. Very bland.

Haven't read the Argos price match but would imagine its Irish sites only.

I just collected my destroyer and was only charged €93 for some reason. Happy with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Heatons are doing 50% off any Lego left, picked up http://brickset.com/sets/70812-1/Creative-Ambush for €25 and some small stars war pieces down to €6.
    http://www.heatonsstores.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?limit=all&q=Lego+

• Advertisement

I just collected my destroyer and was only charged €93 for some reason. Happy with that :)
    I'm going to try that Price Promise in Argos this morning. Reserved one in Tallaght and heading out with a page on my phone showing €93 in Smyths Dundalk.

Don't anyone buy the last one in Dundalk in the next hour!

Will post with how I get on.

I'm going to try that Price Promise in Argos this morning. Reserved one in Tallaght and heading out with a page on my phone showing €93 in Smyths Dundalk.

Reserve the one in Dundalk as well. Best of luck man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

Let us know. I am planing to do the same in Dundrum after 11am.

Success! Met some small resistance in Argos (price promise thing new to Ireland). One lady found the details though and just put it through for €93.99 - which was the figure from my Smyths basket after the mystery €6 deduction - not the product price. Just showed my phone browser.

Also got a €10 Argos voucher so the thing ends up as €83.99!

Thanks to the tipsters here. :)

Success! Met some small resistance in Argos (price promise thing new to Ireland). One lady found the details though and just put it through for €93.99 - which was the figure from my Smyths basket after the mystery €6 deduction - not the product price. Just showed my phone browser.

Did you had to pay full price and then go to customer service desk to get refund or they sort you out at the till?

I'm going to keep an eye on this. If you can get the same price as somewhere else and get a €10 voucher back its a no brained to buy off Argos :)

Greg81 wrote: »
    Did you had to pay full price and then go to customer service desk to get refund or they sort you out at the till?
    No, I went straight to the help desk and after a bit of messing they just put the set through for 93.99. One transaction only.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Guy Incognito

I just read on the Eurobricks forum there is a voucher in the UK for £6 off a £50 spend or £12 off £100. I've just tried entering the codes on the Irish Smyths site and it works for €6 off €50 and €12 off €100 too: SMYOCT12.

So it appears if you buy the Imperial Star Destroyer and get something for a cent or find the cheapest thing on the site, you can get €12 off.

It's not a bad offer if you want to get €6 off something like both of the City and Star Wars Advent Calendars too.

I just read on the Eurobricks forum there is a voucher in the UK for £6 off a £50 spend or £12 off £100. I've just tried entering the codes on the Irish Smyths site and it works for €6 off €50 and €12 off €100 too: SMYOCT12.

So it appears if you buy the Imperial Star Destroyer and get something for a cent or find the cheapest thing on the site, you can get €12 off.

It's not a bad offer if you want to get €6 off something like both of the City and Star Wars Advent Calendars too.

Dam you Guy where were you with this Vital Info yesterday :D

• Advertisement

No, I went straight to the help desk and after a bit of messing they just put the set through for 93.99. One transaction only.

Just back from Dundrum store. I sorted everything at the till. they had to check it up and i got it for 93.99.

Thanks

Advertisement