Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

remove account not possible?

Closed Accounts Posts: 2 svenjaf

Hello,

Is it legal for a website to not allow you to remove your account after you registered?
    I registered at http://www.ospalondon.com/ because I got a voucher for one of their treatments but I ended up getting the money back from the voucher provider because it just wasnt possible to book an appointment through any means with them.

I sent them an e-mail kindly asking to point me to the right link to remove my account because I can't find it anywhere in the account details etc and their reply was
    "Unfortunately the account can not be deleted but you can un subscribe from the mailing system."

That can't be legal, right?! I went through their terms and conditions and it's nowhere to be found that there will be no way of deleting the account once you've registered...

Sorry I may seem a bit like a fusspot with this but it started to really annoy me because I spent so much time trying to book that appointment and then getting my money back that I just really want to delete my data from their system to have it off my mind...

Any help is very much appreciated!!

Comments

Advertisement