Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

remove account not possible?

• 13-02-2011 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello,

Is it legal for a website to not allow you to remove your account after you registered?
    I registered at http://www.ospalondon.com/ because I got a voucher for one of their treatments but I ended up getting the money back from the voucher provider because it just wasnt possible to book an appointment through any means with them.

I sent them an e-mail kindly asking to point me to the right link to remove my account because I can't find it anywhere in the account details etc and their reply was
    "Unfortunately the account can not be deleted but you can un subscribe from the mailing system."

That can't be legal, right?! I went through their terms and conditions and it's nowhere to be found that there will be no way of deleting the account once you've registered...

Sorry I may seem a bit like a fusspot with this but it started to really annoy me because I spent so much time trying to book that appointment and then getting my money back that I just really want to delete my data from their system to have it off my mind...

Any help is very much appreciated!!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,631 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

You'd probably be better off posting this in Legal Discussion but bear in mind that most of the people there would only be schooled in Irish law. This seems to be a UK-based operation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 svenjaf

Thanks for the quick reply!
    well it probably is but I couldnt find any similar forum for the UK... does anyone know a website like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

svenjaf wrote: »
    does anyone know a website like this?

Yup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MrDPA

Under the terms of the UK's Data Protection Act of 1998, as the Data Subject you have the right to ask to see all the data that O Spa has on you, and to ask that the data be removed (if there is no valid reason for the data to be kept) see the related Wikipedia article.

JE

O-Spa - Online Marketing Intelligence For Health Spas

Advertisement