Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford CC?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Did a Waterford Sportif CC run go ahead last night? I was a bit late, and didn't get there till about 6:40, so I expect I missed them...............there was another small group at the Holy Cross pub, but looked like the Comeragh CC guys ?

Yeah there was a run last night - we left at 6.30.
    Come along on Sat morning as per the earlier post?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭aquanaut

Anyone going tomorrow morning, ive a black trek 1.5 - introduce yurself!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭henboy

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Did a Waterford Sportif CC run go ahead last night? I was a bit late, and didn't get there till about 6:40, so I expect I missed them...............there was another small group at the Holy Cross pub, but looked like the Comeragh CC guys ?

I was in that small group who meet at the Holy Cross , didn't see any of the Comeragh lads . Just an update on times the racing section of SWCC meet at the Holy Cross Pub at 6pm on Tuesday and thursday . These are training spins so the pace is going to be high enough ---37kph to 40ish kph.

These training spins are open to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

aquanaut wrote: »
    Anyone going tomorrow morning, ive a black trek 1.5 - introduce yurself!

Should be a big crowd at woodies in the morning. The weather looks great for this weekend. Will be digging out the sunscreen!

Should be a big crowd at woodies in the morning. The weather looks great for this weekend. Will be digging out the sunscreen!

Good to meet you this morning, big thanks to all in SWCC - a great spin out - definately will be joining you all again!

• Advertisement

Hi. Does anyone know if there is a regular (non racing) meet tomorrow at Woodies(6.30) - tnks. I think there is a racing group from Holy Cross but not sure about non-racing, or if its woodies, ramada or top oil (and distance?)

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

6.30 at top oil on the cork road, We will do about 50k at about 24kph.

The forecast for tomorrow is not looking great at the moment! hope it gets better.

6.30 at top oil on the cork road, We will do about 50k at about 24kph.

The forecast for tomorrow is not looking great at the moment! hope it gets better.

Thanks. My average is 21kph at the moment over 40km so it might be an idea to leave for tomorrow - im assuming this is Group 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Muckers

The midweek spins are a combination of all groups within the club. If there are riders of different abilities turning up for a spin then we will split the group before we start. We had 16 out last Thursday and the av speed was 26-28kph. Come along and join us and don't let the pace put you off as you will always cycle faster in a group.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

I'm gonna jump in for a spin with ye this evening to say hi however I just pulled my road bike out and the freewheel isn't so gonna use my cross bike, hope this wont insult the puritans:o

• Advertisement

nice spin this evening, effort to get out the door but glad I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Muckers

Nice to meet ye Bouldwhacker. Look forward to seeing ye along with us during the coming weeks. Nice bike btw.

Thanks Muckers, there was thinking I'll turn up and volunteer to be the sweeper, little did I know how intimate the spin would be, no hiding place.

I got the road bike into hospital today so fingers crossed she'll be out for the weekend. The cross bike is slower but extremely comfy, might turn me off getting back on the road bike! I'm hoping to join in on Thurs evening all going well.
    See you on the road!!!

Thanks Muckers, there was thinking I'll turn up and volunteer to be the sweeper, little did I know how intimate the spin would be, no hiding place.

I got the road bike into hospital today so fingers crossed she'll be out for the weekend. The cross bike is slower but extremely comfy, might turn me off getting back on the road bike! I'm hoping to join in on Thurs evening all going well.
    See you on the road!!!

I missed everyone by probably 5 mins - gutted and cant do thursdays or saturdays so hope to see everyone on Sunday!

I missed everyone by probably 5 mins - gutted and cant do thursdays or saturdays so hope to see everyone on Sunday!

We have a MTB outing on Sunday also - leaving Rhu Glen hotel at 11am. (Driving initially from Rhu Glenn to the trail)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

gman2k wrote: »
    We have a MTB outing on Sunday also - leaving Rhu Glen hotel at 11am. (Driving initially from Rhu Glenn to the trail)

where in slieverue is the trail?

angry_fox wrote: »
    where in slieverue is the trail?

It's not, we'll be kicking off from here. The initial meet and greet is at the Rhu Glenn. The more the merrier!

gman2k wrote: »

Would be great but mtb got sold when I bought road - :( otherwise would love to!

Would be great but mtb got sold when I bought road - :( otherwise would love to!

Aquanaut, if you want a loan of a bike you are more than welcome, drop me a pm if you are interested.

If any of ye going out have a gps could ye post up (or pm) your stats, route etc. If I reckon I'm anyway close to ye I'll meet up for a spin some time, it would be good to find some local trails. Cheers

@Aquanaut: I missed the start last night too, I guessed which way they went and caught up in Kilmeden, I had a look passing the start and no one was there, I reckon you had just left as I was passing about 6:40

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭smush76

Popped along for spin with the sportif gang tonight, forgot to ask if any boardsies were present. Really enjoyed it and a very friendly bunch aswell. will defo join up again in a few weeks when I have a bit more time on my hands. Thanks again for having me along.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

smush76 wrote: »
    Popped along for spin with the sportif gang tonight, forgot to ask if any boardsies were present. Really enjoyed it and a very friendly bunch aswell. will defo join up again in a few weeks when I have a bit more time on my hands. Thanks again for having me along.

Jaysus lads, you must have left very sharpish ...! I was there at exactly 6:30 and ye were gone. Hope it was a good one (where did you go), I'll try to be early next time.

I bumped into Quigs Snr and a mate a bit further out towards Butlerstown and tagged along with them for 50k or so - well, more like they dragged me along a bit slower than they wanted. ! Thanks anyway.

Blaaman, the lads hit the road at 6.30, what with the still shortish evenings.....
    You would need to be there 6.20 and have plenty of time!

I've been out twice with them, first time I had to follow and find them, second time the group left on the dot of 6:30. Great group and will be joining up (they meet just up from my apt so pretty handy) great range of riders and very friendly.

+1 Paid my membership on Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Pleasure having you along with us blaaman. You are selling yourself very short there though, whether you realise it or not you were putting the boot in on some sections, we were looking at each other saying who the f*** is this guy ! After you left we were saying that you were stronger than some of the guys we know who are racing at the moment so I don't think you have much to fear from those events that you are targetting. You could do them in the morning on the form you have. Unfortunately my buddy tonight is an A1 (which is an entirely different world altogether) who likes hills and to be fair we couldn't have picked a hillier route !

That piece of road going into passage is still closed by the way. I narrowly avoided going up to my axles in fresh tar there.

These Sportif lads are very punctual though I must say. Rolled along with them for a few miles at the start of a ride on Tuesday night. Good bunch, lot of new faces since the last time I bumped into them.

I was there on Tuesday Quigs snr but didnt really get peoples names. You probably passed me going the opposite direction in Portlaw - lost everyone and took the first exit instead of the second!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    Pleasure having you along with us blaaman. You are selling yourself very short there though, whether you realise it or not you were putting the boot in on some sections, we were looking at each other saying who the f*** is this guy ! After you left we were saying that you were stronger than some of the guys we know who are racing at the moment so I don't think you have much to fear from those events that you are targetting. You could do them in the morning on the form you have. Unfortunately my buddy tonight is an A1 (which is an entirely different world altogether) who likes hills and to be fair we couldn't have picked a hillier route !

That piece of road going into passage is still closed by the way. I narrowly avoided going up to my axles in fresh tar there.

These Sportif lads are very punctual though I must say. Rolled along with them for a few miles at the start of a ride on Tuesday night. Good bunch, lot of new faces since the last time I bumped into them.

:o:o
    cheers, but endurance at that pace is my problem, and one I'll have to work on! I'm ok up to about 50k and then really suffer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I was there on Tuesday Quigs snr but didnt really get peoples names. You probably passed me going the opposite direction in Portlaw - lost everyone and took the first exit instead of the second!

Ah, you were the guy who came towards us in Portlaw ! We just went up church hill after that and then made our own way across to Kill, Bonmahon, Tramore etc... I'm not sure where the Sportif lads went after Portlaw, sounds like you didn't get back onto them. I would have been in black kit on a small black Cervelo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gem11

Do you guys have any female members in the club or is it predominently male?

Advertisement