Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1/6 Scale Models

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Lovely modelling josedios! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 joesdios

Hi Gang,

A new quick dio, a Gestapo interrogation.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59432797@N02/6396313347/in/photostream

Again, your feedback is really appreciated.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Don't know how I missed this. Some serious skills and patience on show! I really enjoyed looking through all the photos. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.

Do you take any photos of the stages during the build?

Don't know how I missed this. Some serious skills and patience on show! I really enjoyed looking through all the photos. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.

Hi Beemerfan, thanks for the kind words, sorry for the late reply. Im delighted you enjoyed my pictures, its great to get positive comments. I really do appreciate it.

Thanks again

Joe

• Advertisement

coolwings wrote: »
    Do you take any photos of the stages during the build?

Hi Coolwings, sorry i missed your earlier posts, im still getting to grips with working Boards.ie and i thought i replied to you back in september, but my son informed me that i didnt.

I just want to thank you for your continued intrest in my work, your comments are always positive and the recognition makes it all worth while. I really do appreciate it.

Im planning a new Diorama, i drew up a few sketches last week, ill start on it after Xmas but ill get my son to take stage photos and try to put together a detailed photo document of my work on the next Diorama.

Thanks again Coolwings, i look forward to your comments friend.

All the best

Joe

Hi everyone,

I have just finished a new Dio, an Irish rebel imprisoned in Kilmainhem Gaol after the 1916 easter rising, allowed one more prayer before the firing squad.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59432797@N02/7050564815/in/photostream

Thanks for looking and any feedback would be great.

Happy Easter everyone.

Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭r011ingthunder

joesdios wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I have just finished a new Dio, an Irish rebel imprisoned in Kilmainhem Gaol after the 1916 easter rising, allowed one more prayer before the firing squad.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59432797@N02/7050564815/in/photostream

Thanks for looking and any feedback would be great.

Happy Easter everyone.

Joe
    Is the guy in the middle listening to an iPod?:D

@josedios:
    I love the uniforms, the figures. Where do you get them?

Hi Coolwings
    my mate sells the figures his new website will be up soon
    getintopgearcollectables.com. We also have a stall at the Clontarf castle toy fair the next is May 20 thanks for your comments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KENDEE

I also build models mate being doing it for years nice work buddy .iv done a few 1'6 scale over the years I'd soon run out of room the way I build .I have a dragon 2cm flak partly built if your intrested nice kit suit your figures it's been shelved years ago .

Hi Kendee,
    thanks for your comments I have the flak gun (horrible model to build ) and I know what you mean about space and 1/6th scale you should hear my wife ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KENDEE

Yea cool .I like your world war one dio and the kilmainham goal .I'd say making a dio of connlly in front of the firing squad in the stone breakers yard would need an Extension on ur house or a divorce .but it would be cool.

Thanks Kendee you've put an idea in my head ,I think I might risk the divorce !

Hi Gang,

New, Simple quick Dio, using left over materials from the last Dio - http://www.flickr.com/photos/59432797@N02/7376103604/in/photostream/

Let me know what ya'll think.

Dont forget, im selling some of the Dio's, so if your interested, let me know.

Thanks everyone.

Hi Gang,

New diorama, a french church with Graveyard, grounds man and some very suspecting Germans.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59432797@N02/7503546024/in/photostream

Thanks for looking

Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sok878

Thanks Joe for all the help on collectables. You know your stuff.

Real impressive pics there Joe , If I ever need any dios made to house my collections I know where to go.

Thanks again
    Shane.

No problem Shane and whenever you need a diorama give me a shout
    Thanks JOE

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Whizzzz

Excellent work as always. Any plans to put on an exhibition somewhere ?
    Where do you buy the figures that you use ? (and do you make their clothes too ?)

Hi whizzzz I did an exibition in Wexford a couple of months ago and I bring some small Dios to Clontarf castle toys and collectables show.I dont make the clothes I just give them a weathering effect and I make all the dioramas and furniture myself.My mate sells the figures if you are interested in anything let me know I'll be glad to help.Thanks for your comments Joe.

• Advertisement

joesdios wrote: »
    Hi whizzzz I did an exibition in Wexford a couple of months ago and I bring some small Dios to Clontarf castle toys and collectables show.I dont make the clothes I just give them a weathering effect and I make all the dioramas and furniture myself.My mate sells the figures if you are interested in anything let me know I'll be glad to help.Thanks for your comments Joe.

And the uniforms? Would I be right to assume they come with the figures?

Hi coolwings yes the uniforms come with the figures and other uniforms and accesseries can bought seperately .
    Cheers Joe

Hi All,

If you have the time, please have a look at my most recent Dio. A 3.3/4 inch scale Lars Homestead on Tatooine (Lukes home from Star Wars A New Hope).

Smaller scale than usual for a Star Wars crazy customer (He has requested a 3.3/4 inch Jabbas Palace, which ill start soon)

Dio is now sold, but if anyone is interested let me know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59432797@N02/8517127832/in/photostream/

Thanks gang.

Advertisement