Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Blackberry with Vodafone with €20 topup - Today only

Options
  • 12-02-2011 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

Vodafone are giving away a free blackberry curve when you change your pay as you go on another network to theirs for today only
    The offer is only valid in Henry st Grafton st and Dundrum though
    Youll have to be quick theres a good few people in there!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

http://www.vodafone.ie/phones-plans/pay-as-you-go-phones/
    are you sure it just isnt free email, facebook as it says on the link above? did younget one yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Surely it can't be a FREE Blackberry for switching to Pay-As-You-Go. Sure you could just sell the phone and never top up?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

How could Vodafone afford to do this?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

phasers wrote: »

Their must something that you need to purchase the BB addon for X amount of time, or something along those lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

doesnt sound right. how do you know its only in those three stores OP?

• Advertisement

Can anybody confirm? I don't want to go all the way into town for nothing!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Can anybody confirm? I don't want to go all the way into town for nothing!

51 Henry Street 01 8735020
    3 Lower Grafton Street - 01 6705205
    48 Grafton Street 01 6730120
    Unit 3/15 Dundrum SC - 01 2079130

If someone wants to confirm

• Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Friend of mine is in the queue - said theres about 200 people there with wait times over an hour. Deal is legit though.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭kmepll

All gone in Henry street ,A lot of people coming out without one as you had to have the mobile sim you were switching from with you so you could not do it for someone else,the phone cost was a 20euro topup,was not there in person my wife was there

Thanks for updating lads!

Damn, I wish I wasn't with Vodafone! Networks never offer anything decent to their existing customers....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

because you can get blackberry's for nothing nowadays because no one uses them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,087 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

If you have a phone and 02 sim they shouldn't be able to discriminate against people because of the call log? Can understand why they might want to do this but seems like a bit of an over step wanting to see phone call records

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

I was on Grafton St at noon and a guy from Vodafone approached me asking me " Do you want a free blackberry?" I reply yeah sure! You just need to switch to Vodafone from your current network. Deal is legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Saw that in Henry street, long queue, dont have patience to stand there for an hour, so didnt bother.

Deal is there though, only for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

Hope this offer doesn't come back to bite them in the backsides like the Car Phone Warehouse sale of the Wave, but most likely Vodafone are more professional then those shower.

Really annoys me that companies like Vodafone can offer great deals and freebies to people joining from other networks :mad: What ever happened to brand loyalty, I have stuck with them for over 12 years and I got nothing.

As I am on a bit of a rant, the reps on this site (with the exception of the Currys one) are by and large not very useful. When the CPW offer for the Wave went t*ts up :) I ask them if Vodafone could match their deal ...... still waiting :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Any word of any other Vodafone stores offering this, or is it just Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Definitely real i got two one for my wife and one for me
    think theyre all gone by now though:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

O2 are giving away free phones now in dundrum as well. 3 types worth min €160 I was told. Not sure what type. Similar deal to vodafone

godtabh wrote: »
    O2 are giving away free phones now in dundrum as well. 3 types worth min €160 I was told. Not sure what type. Similar deal to vodafone
    Wow what's going on today? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

omerin wrote: »
    Hope this offer doesn't come back to bite them in the backsides like the Car Phone Warehouse sale of the Wave, but most likely Vodafone are more professional then those shower.

Really annoys me that companies like Vodafone can offer great deals and freebies to people joining from other networks :mad: What ever happened to brand loyalty, I have stuck with them for over 12 years and I got nothing.

As I am on a bit of a rant, the reps on this site (with the exception of the Currys one) are by and large not very useful. When the CPW offer for the Wave went t*ts up :) I ask them if Vodafone could match their deal ...... still waiting :rolleyes:

Agreed. Still remember a few months ago, they F***ed up the 'Cheer-up for top-up' offer. I was the one who posted this on bargain alert and still got nothing. This is how they reward their existing customers.:mad:

It wouldn't upset me if they were offering a cheapish phone like the Nokia 1800 instead of a Blackberry.

But still, fair play to those who queued and got lucky.

godtabh wrote: »
    This is true, going by their FB page. It looks like they are giving away a Blackberry of some type, a Samsung Europa and a Nokia, going by the pics posted.

http://www.facebook.com/O2Ireland

Edit: Scratch that! Looks like an LG C300, a Nokia X2 and Samsung Europa.

Did you just get lucky, or were any of the staff checking to see if the sim was used?

I wonder if O2 will do this offer again? Raging I missed it!

I wonder if O2 will do this offer again? Raging I missed it!
    They are giving out more golden tickets tomorrow at the Aviva Stadium. You need the ticket to get the free phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Dman001 wrote: »
    They are giving out more golden tickets tomorrow at the Aviva Stadium. You need the ticket to get the free phone.

Any idea what time they'll start giving them out at? Would be great if I could get down there for one before the place is mobbed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Glad some people got sorted out heard it turned into a bit of madness afterwards though:(

Advertisement