Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Is it really? I've had my eye on it for ages. Think it's still in my basket on Cult Beauty but I never commit to buying it. Won't bother now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

GingerLily wrote: »
    My exact thoughts! Too broke to repurchase Becca :D

My skin loves it but my bank does not

anna080 wrote: »
    Is it really? I've had my eye on it for ages. Think it's still in my basket on Cult Beauty but I never commit to buying it. Won't bother now!

No I'm asking you if it is! Go buy becca to compare for us- I'm giving you permission anna. If anything, it's an order

neonsofa wrote: »
    No I'm asking you if it is! Go buy becca to compare for us- I'm giving you permission anna. If anything, it's an order

Oh sorry I misread! Haha. Okay neonsofa I will do this one for you but you owe me :pac:
    L'Oréal one is so lovely though, defo recommend.

Oh sorry I misread! Haha. Okay neonsofa I will do this one for you but you owe me :pac:
    L'Oréal one is so lovely though, defo recommend.

I'd be happy to repay you in kind buy ordering the new double wear nude and reporting back :pac: and perhaps also some new sheet masks- I'm good to you like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Hey! I said hey!

I tried L'Oréal Lumi Magique primer for the first time today. HOW have I not tried this before? The best primer I've ever used, hands down. My skin looked so glowy I was actually half tempted to not even wear foundation over it. Make up goes on like a dream over it.

I can never find this in any shop and it's ALWAYS out of stock on the Boots website. Where did you get it?

I can never find this in any shop and it's ALWAYS out of stock on the Boots website. Where did you get it?

Boots in Galway! Have a root in the drawer underneath the stand, you might find one down there

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Are you allowed do that? I've always been tempted when something I want isn't there!
    Have the Huda beauty palette highlight one coming from states next week! Can't wait prob be crazy bright but sure be grand!! Got the new UD palette for a friend a few weeks ago hid it in a drawer so I wouldn't be tempted to look! I'm allergic to UD shadows so wouldn't be tempted to keep it! Just look!!
    Picked up some bellapierre foundation and blusher in TKmaxx! Little dark when I've no tan bit fine with tan! Only used twice so still trying to figure out how to apply properly! Blush is really pigmented! Will last forever you need so little! Cost €20 on TKmaxx and €50 online! So was delighted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

This thread is bad news! I unsubscribed because you're all bad influences, then I can't help but read it and have a huge. Shopping list now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I got the Tarte tarteist pro palette recently. It's absolutely gorgeous, the colours are so pigmented and no fallout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I got the Tarte tarteist pro palette recently. It's absolutely gorgeous, the colours are so pigmented and no fallout.

How did you get your hands on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

GingerLily wrote: »
    How did you get your hands on it?

I ordered it from Sephora and had it sent to a relatives place in NY and they then brought it home to me.
    I got a few other bits as well that I haven't had the opportunity to play with yet; the Bye Bye under eye concealer from It Cosmetics, illuminating mineral veil from bare minerals, Laura Mercier secret brightening powder for under eyes and a Tarte lipstick in the shade Skinny Dip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Bought it when I was in Boston last month and have not stopped using it!
    Definitely my new favourite palette and one I'd recommend for everyone to pick up if you're in the US

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Tarte ship to Ireland and they often have discounts and sales if you sign up for their emails :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Has anyone tried the L'Oreal gradual Sublime Bronze tan? I use the normal one and find it good but would this be too light?

I adore the tarte shape tape

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Was wondering if anyone here has tried the clarisonic brush and is it worth it?

Also looking for recommendations for a finishing powder. I'm tempted by the Laura Mercier one but is there any more budget friendly ones?

No the clarasoniccbrush is a gimmick in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Picked up the mac roller wheel eyeliner yesterday, absolutely dying to try it. Got a few other bits too so got my free lipstick in stone for national lipstick day!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Hey! I said hey!

Boots in Galway! Have a root in the drawer underneath the stand, you might find one down there

Thanks but I'm down in Wexford with the odd trip to waterford/Dublin I'll keep checking the website anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

La.de.da wrote: »
    Was wondering if anyone here has tried the clarisonic brush and is it worth it?

Also looking for recommendations for a finishing powder. I'm tempted by the Laura Mercier one but is there any more budget friendly ones?

Have the Clarisonic. Love it. Skin looks so much clearer and brighter when I use it regularly. I use 4 - 5 times a week. The head doesn't rotate so contrary to popular belief, it doesn't actually scrub.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭jeonahr

Does anyone have any good cushion foundation recommendations? I've looked on the boots website and the L'oréal one has got great reviews. Has any tried it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

misslt wrote: »
    Picked up the mac roller wheel eyeliner yesterday, absolutely dying to try it.

Well!!! How did it go?!

La_Gordy wrote: »
    Well!!! How did it go?!

Its good, but takes a bit of getting used to! Its so fine so very easy to veer off your lash line if that makes sense, leaving me with a line that looks like a dogs hind leg :pac:

Haven't got the hang of wings yet with it so I'm still using the brush one for that, just need a bit more practice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

La_Gordy wrote: »
    Well!!! How did it go?!

Its good, but takes a bit of getting used to! Its so fine so very easy to veer off your lash line if that makes sense, leaving me with a line that looks like a dogs hind leg :pac:

Haven't got the hang of wings yet with it so I'm still using the brush one for that, just need a bit more practice!!

I am very envious of anyone who can do a winged liner, regardless of tool used :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

with a line that looks like a dogs hind leg :pac:

:D ahm laughing away here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭nearzero

Siobhnk wrote: »
    I am very envious of anyone who can do a winged liner, regardless of tool used :)

You should look at this!

https://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/the-vamp-stamp-vavavoom-stamp.html

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

stamp

That's another of the eyeliner stamps! Can be got in ireland so at least you remember can check it out before you buy. Cheaper to!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

I'll have to have a look! Think I saw one in my local pharmacy, will check it out. Don't want to be spending too much if I am to try it out. Have any of ye tried them?

• Advertisement

First world problems at its finest: text from Debenhams to say my naked heat palette is ready for collection, but I can't collect it until tomorrow!

Advertisement