Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

BeeMee_123 wrote: »
    Thank you, but sadly have tried this.. by the time I'm getting into the taxi to go out I'm shiny again. I'm thinking of trying the mac & just using it for occasions.
    Anyone recommend mac setting powder? Are there different types?

Soap and Glory one heck of a blot and MAC studio careblend are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I received the Bobbi Brown Wine eye palette this morning as a gift. It's just stunning. I love the colours.

Photo from Project Vanity

I can't wait to play around with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Had heard good things about this mascara - Essence lash princess. Ah it's only ok. I just kept comparing it to Catrice Glam & Doll mascara. The essence mascara feels hard on the lashes, is more difficult to remove completely and could go clumpy when applying on the lashes if you're not careful. It did give a good finish the first day I used it but not after that cos there was remnants of mascara still on my lashes even after using eye makeup remover. I used it all last week but went back my Catrice one this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Had to do some top ups on my KVD products so got another tattoo liner and lock it concealer, so I grabbed a Lolita liquid lipstick too- can't wait to get it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

So I was in Dundrum the other evening as as you do, I had a ramble into the NYX area in boots and picked up the Pore Filler primer. I've only used it yesterday and today but so far so good. Two of the girls in the office (seperately) told me that my make up was very nice yesterday and that was the only difference!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Bought the new Vita Liberata Ten Minute Tan. Haven't seen any reviews of it online yet. It was expensive enough at 31e so hopefully it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

I ordered the zoeva cocoa pallette it's my first zoeva product. Does anyone use zoeva?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Cria wrote: »
    I ordered the zoeva cocoa pallette it's my first zoeva product. Does anyone use zoeva?

Me! I have pretty much every eye palette under the sun but this is by far my favourite and most used. You'll love it. Very good quality for the price and the colours are fab

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

Special thanks to a poster on this thread who recommended L'Oreal Feline Voluminous mascara. I picked up a tube of it while in the USA and I'm impressed. I was feeling bald after having eyelash extensions removed, and this mascara makes my natural lashes look much fuller. I've tried other brands - ELF, Catrice, 17, Max Factor, Benefit They're Real - and this one is much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Cria wrote: »

Just googled it and the colours are gorgeous, so really interested to hear how you find it.

I've dark hair, fairish skin and green eyes - are you similar colouring by any chance?

• Advertisement

anna080 wrote: »
    Me! I have pretty much every eye palette under the sun but this is by far my favourite and most used. You'll love it. Very good quality for the price and the colours are fab

Oh I can't wait to get it now I'll want them all lol .
    Cloud 10 are doing morphe now I have two of their palettes I love them .

Inglot are releasing highlighters tomorrow they look lovely.

Just googled it and the colours are gorgeous, so really interested to hear how you find it.

I've dark hair, fairish skin and green eyes - are you similar colouring by any chance?

At the moment I've dark hair I keep changing I've dark brown eyes and fair to medium colouring.
    I'd say that palette will be gorgeous on green eyes, especially that colour warm notes I find them type of colours gorgeous on green eyes when I do anyone's make up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

cactusgal wrote: »
    Special thanks to a poster on this thread who recommended L'Oreal Feline Voluminous mascara. I picked up a tube of it while in the USA and I'm impressed. I was feeling bald after having eyelash extensions removed, and this mascara makes my natural lashes look much fuller. I've tried other brands - ELF, Catrice, 17, Max Factor, Benefit They're Real - and this one is much better.

I think it was me who recommended it :o:)

I stocked up last time I was in the States but would like to find it here!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

That's my exact colouring & I have 4 of the Zoeva palettes.

They're all STUNNING & amazing quality.

Cocoa is gorgeous! :)

Picked up these in Penneys recently, all reduced to €1 each, bar the Catrice concealers which were €3 or so.

Illuminating Primer

66jd50.jpg

Almond Oil Lip Scrub

xcszdt.jpg

Lip Primer

2vjz975.jpg

Lip Liner in Midnight Crimson. I need a lipliner to go with MAC Rebel lipstick and can't find anything so said I'd tried this for €1 hopefully it works well with it.

2yxq45z.jpg

The same lip liner in a nude colour and a lipstick in a nude colour too.

Catrice liquid camouflage concealer in Light Beige - Photo from Floating In Dreams

2yosb3n.jpg

Catrice liquid camouflage concealer in Light Natural, this one is nearly white on me and I am pale so I hope it'll work by mixing it with Light Beige - Photo from Thecolourfulbouquet.com

25kk9cw.jpg

NARS eyeshadow in Cairo - Photo from makeupandbeautyblog.com

nars-cairo-eyeshadow1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

The Catrice concealer is excellent StripedBoxers!!
    Please report back how you get on with the lip scrub, looks interesting :)

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    Bought the new Vita Liberata Ten Minute Tan. Haven't seen any reviews of it online yet. It was expensive enough at 31e so hopefully it works.

16142488_1190862620982725_3900752068263399565_n.jpg?oh=4c9687f1e377d4a84fd447b776187572&oe=590D7D77

So this is brutal. It has a guide colour that fades straight away and it turns to the same consistency of the in shower tans.

I left it on for 15-20min and rinsed off. I stink of tan and it and I'll still completely pale.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

I'm a bit clueless when it comes to make up and usually just buy the same stuff. I was wondering what people think of make up revolution? I saw it in a local chemists and the eyeshadow palettes look nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    I'm a bit clueless when it comes to make up and usually just buy the same stuff. I was wondering what people think of make up revolution? I saw it in a local chemists and the eyeshadow palettes look nice.
    I bought a load of their products online back when they were harder to get in Ireland. I think they're fine if you are young as the quality wouldn't be brilliant. Over time I've got rid of most of what I had, the lipsticks didn't last, the eyeshadows were poor enough quality.
    What I would recommend are the chocolate bar palettes, I've gotten so much use out of the white chocolate one in particular. Also the trio of contour, blush and highlight which is very similar to the Sleek one. Lastly I use the setting spray as my day time one, saving my good urban decay one for weekends/night's out etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

So this is brutal. It has a guide colour that fades straight away and it turns to the same consistency of the in shower tans.

I left it on for 15-20min and rinsed off. I stink of tan and it and I'll still completely pale.

If a product doesn't do what it is supposed to do can you bring it back?

• Advertisement

If a product doesn't do what it is supposed to do can you bring it back?

I bought it online. I'm not sure I'm even arsed tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

I bought it online. I'm not sure I'm even arsed tbh.

It's not something I would probably do, just curious to see if others would...

I had a reaction to Double Wear Light foundation years ago, I mentioned it to the counter girl from a different brand when buying foundation a few months later & she said that I should have returned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I bought a load of their products online back when they were harder to get in Ireland. I think they're fine if you are young as the quality wouldn't be brilliant. Over time I've got rid of most of what I had, the lipsticks didn't last, the eyeshadows were poor enough quality.
    What I would recommend are the chocolate bar palettes, I've gotten so much use out of the white chocolate one in particular. Also the trio of contour, blush and highlight which is very similar to the Sleek one. Lastly I use the setting spray as my day time one, saving my good urban decay one for weekends/night's out etc.

I've had the opposite experience with thier face and eye palettes!

I've bought most of their palette releases up to about a year ago and all have been excellent quality.

I do agree, the chocolate ones are great!

And the lipsticks, foundations, and primers are a bit meh.

Cakerbaker, if you don't have much make up, I would definitely recommend you get a couple of their palettes to try.

Once you get more 'in to' makeup then you could go for more higher end products like ABH or KVD.

BTW Makeup Revolution, like ABH & KVD, are cruelty free which is a MUST for me.

Hope you enjoy whatever you pick up. :)

GingerLily wrote: »
    The Catrice concealer is excellent StripedBoxers!!
    Please report back how you get on with the lip scrub, looks interesting :)
    Used the lip scrub yesterday and its fab, especially for €1. I mean you can't go wrong, it exfoliates and leaves a nice film over the lips but its not greasy or sticky, it feels like a lip balm or something. For €1 I'll pick up another few of them to have as back up, they really are fab for that price.
    Thanks to the Cult Beauty code I've ordered a beauty blender and a Morphe fan brush.

https://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/morphe-brushes-large-soft-fan-brush-m310.html

https://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/beautyblender-pure-sponge.html

Dying to try the beauty blender as I've never used one before, only have the Real Techniques one so excited to see what the BB is like. :)
    Started using these this week and love my Beauty Blender for concealer, haven't tried it for foundation yet but I will this week, its super soft, I can't believe how soft it it. I love it. I'll definitely pick up another one in a while.

Not so much a fan of the Morphe brush, the quality is pretty meh. The bristles are scratchy and splayed, and its just meh to be honest. I wouldn't be rushing to try their other brushes.

I want to try Zoeva brushes next so might pick up one or two for my birthday in a month and see how I like them before investing in a full set.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

Have to try that lip scrub. I have the driest lips ever. Tried every lip balm going to no avail so a euro to try is not going to break the bank..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Can anyone recommend a pump that fits a bottle of double wear? I've just opened a new bottle and it's the perfect excuse to start being a bit more frugal with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,401 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

In New York at the moment so picked up a few bits in Sephora. On mobile, so can't post pics but I got:

Anastasia Beverly Hills lip gloss in Pastel Pink.

Sephora brow kit in medium brown.

Sephora Beauty Amplifier setting & refreshing spray.

Dinoplatz Chinese mulberry blotting papers.

And a "Give Me Some Nude Lip" set that contains an Estee Lauder liner, Too Faced and Buxom glosses and Urban Decay, Bite and Marc Jacobs lipsticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Wellyd wrote:
    Can anyone recommend a pump that fits a bottle of double wear? I've just opened a new bottle and it's the perfect excuse to start being a bit more frugal with it!

Not the most useful answer but just to let you know, if you Google it you'll find lots of people saying MAC sell a pump that fits the bottle, but this is no longer the case (or never was the case, depending on who you talk to at MAC).
    I'd be very interested in getting a pump for mine too, the bottle's a right PITA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Anyone recommend a foundation with no SPF around the 30 euro mark? I'd be looking for full coverage, skin is awful at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Yarghhh

Anyone recommend a foundation with no SPF around the 30 euro mark? I'd be looking for full coverage, skin is awful at the moment

Bare Minerals might be a good shout if your skin is acting up.

Advertisement