Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Today I got Clinique city block spf 40 and Clinique take the day off cleansing balm.

I also got exfoliator, a facial powdered exfoliator, from indeed labs. I think this is suppose to be like the dermalogica daily microexfoliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I gave three new purchases there first outing to a wedding last Saturday. After years of wanting to try this I finally brought Estée Lauder double wear. It lasted all day and covered all my spots and acne scars( still getting spots at 31 :( ). Would highly recommend if going to a wedding as my makeup really did last well.

2nd new product was nars translucent light reflecting setting powder. I brought this after seeing it recommend on viva Adonis blog. I really thought this worked well with the double wear as it gave my face a lovely glow. I definately prefer this powder to my mac mineralise.

3rd product was anastasia dipbrow pomade in auburn. You only use a smidgen of this product, I applied waaay too much to begin with. I Love this for my eyebrows. It makes them look so much more polished and gives a more natural finish than powder.

Attaching new makeup selfie so you can see my handiwork :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

I got 3 MAC pro palette refills from the brown Thomas website in the colours honey lust, jest and twinks. Love them. I've only 4 spots left until my palette is complete. Exciting times. :D
    Also got 2 MAC lipsticks in the shades patisserie and twig.
    Very happy with my purchases, there was no disappointing item.
    The BT website is dangerous!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭whatever76

Anyone try the magic cream ? Browsing BT's today and was very tempted so just looking for some reviews before parting with 90 quid !

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Roxirose

whatever76 wrote: »
    Anyone try the magic cream ? Browsing BT's today and was very tempted so just looking for some reviews before parting with 90 quid !

I would never in a million years pay that money for it. However, Tanya burr gave it a rave review in her July favourites and I rate her opinion

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

A lot of bloggers are raving about it, but it's a new release. I'd give it a few weeks and see if it's still popular, or if people just paying it lip service.

Very tempted to try it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭whatever76

yea I think I'll hold off a while and see more reviews - my No 7 day cream will do me for the moment ; >! thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

after hearing how awesome kiko is on here and ending up in a kiko store this week I ended up having my first kiko spending spree!

They had a sale so I got a fab eye shadow quad for 5 euro, a fab bronzer for 6 euro, a solid dab on blusher for 4 euro and also picked up a gorgeous mascara. Got all that plus a shadow stick for 30 euro im well impressed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Twee. wrote: »
    I love Nars Sex Appeal. It's a matte peachy colour.

I was just about to recommend this, it's gorgeous! Also Benefit Hervana, in general Benefit disappoint me but this blush is really good!

Your makeup is lovely Panda100, I'm obsessed with that NARS pressed powder, much prefer it to the loose version!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I bought a hat of coconut oil recently and loving it so far. Currently sitting here with my first attempt at using it as a hair mask with clingfilm wrapped around all my hair. It's very sexy :-P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    I was just about to recommend this, it's gorgeous! Also Benefit Hervana, in general Benefit disappoint me but this blush is really good!

Your makeup is lovely Panda100, I'm obsessed with that NARS pressed powder, much prefer it to the loose version!

I just can't stand loose powder. Product goes everywhere in the tub, and it really doesn't travel well.

+1 to benefit hervana. Great for pale skin, no shimmer and is very natural.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

I got a few deals in Boots today; '3 for 2' from Bourjois and Revlon has a '2 for €12.50' on eyes, lips and nails. Then I went into Superdrug where maybelline were doing a 'buy one, get one half price'.

I've not been buying much makeup this year as we are in 'mortgage prep' mode, but a small splurge was called for as I keep looking enviously at other people's buys. Post mortgage, it'll be some Mac and Smashbox in the shopping basket.

Loving the Colorburst Lip balm, but think the Bourjois lipstain might be a bit gloopy

http://p.lui.li/img-40816_3_j-r-full.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

So I bought Burberry velvet long wear foundation in tk maxx today for €24, anyone have experience of it?

Bought mac prolongwear a couple of weeks ago too, all in my never ending search to replace eldw's old formula :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Went in to boots 'just for a look' and came out with:
    (not my pics, thanks google!)

Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Plum. It's my first lip butter and oh sweet mother of make-up I love it. It's such a gorgeous colour and it's colour without being too bold, which is good for me, because lipstick scares me a little :P

revlon-lip-butter-sugar-plum.jpg

Revlon Photoready 3D volume (2 Revlons for €12.590, how could I not?)
    I've not tried yet, but I'm lethel for buying mascara, I think I have more mascaras than anything else :pac:

P_Eyes_Mascara_PhotoReady3D.ashx?h=540&la=en-CA&w=280

And finally Sleek Brow Kit in Light.
    I've naturally red hair but my eyebrows are a really weird, light, dirty blonde colour. I'm going to experiment with this later, I bought this mostly out of curiousity so hopefully it changes my life :P :P

96027202-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Was reading through the "Anti ageing moisturiser for 'young' skin" thread (although it has to be said I am not young)and saw chemical exfoliators being recommended. I was never a fan of the scrub type exfoliators so this alternative sounded great. (I'd never heard of chemical exfoliators before:o) Someone recommended the "Pixi glow tonic" so I went to the pixi site. Got 2 of the glow tonic and a silky eye pen kit. I found a discount code FlawlessPixi (which gives about 20% off) so I got the 3 items for £38.39 and its free delivery to Ireland over £35. Yay

41E04bBmOeL._SY300_.jpg

skintreats-glow_tonic-visual-01nov13-x1.jpg

I brought the Glow Tonic back with me from a recent trip to London but haven't tried it yet. It's supposed to be fantastic though.
    Let us know what those eye pens are like because I don't know anything about their other products.

I finally came across a NYX stand in Cork, so had to get a few lip products yesterday (found all these images online)
    A matte lipstick in the shade Tea Rose
    nyx+matte+lipstick+tea+rose+1.jpg

A butter gloss in the shade Tiramisu
    IMG_3947e.JPG

2 Jumbo lip pencils in shades
    Honey Nectar
    nyx_jumbo_lip_pencil_honey_nectar_720.jpg

Pecan
    nyx3.png

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Lindtee thanks so much I just ordered this tonic I had my eye on it for a while. I applied the discount code and the subtotal including shipping came to £17.17. Am looking forward to getting it now hope it lives up to the reviews!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Started using two new products and can't get over the difference in my skin already, I'm in love!

Clarins Gentle Exfoliating Brightening Toner, my first foray into chemical exfoliators and I wish I'd done it ages ago.

And another from Clarins, their Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil, smells lovely and you only need a tiny bit. Use this at night after the "toner" and my skin looks instantly glow-y and in the morning I've found I don't need to use as much concealer, if any at all. Magic!

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Traded in 6 empties in MAC today for a free lipstick. I chose Sin. Looking forward to wearing it this winter. :)

MAC-Sin-Lipstick-Pro-with-Currant-Lipliner.jpg

Pic from trends-style.com

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Gorgeous lipstick! I traded in empties recently top, oddly satisfying! I go Dubonnet which is also a deep, wintery red.

My make up spends have dipped significantly since I stopped working in Arnotts! It's making me use all I have already before splurging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Twee. wrote: »
    Gorgeous lipstick! I traded in empties recently top, oddly satisfying! I go Dubonnet which is also a deep, wintery red.

My make up spends have dipped significantly since I stopped working in Arnotts! It's making me use all I have already before splurging.

Just googled Dubonnet, beautiful red, very '40s looking I think :)

Despite buying MAC for over 10 years this is the first time I've had 6 empties :eek: I'm really going to try work my stash down, I have way too much of everything!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

Just one thing for anyone who's new to chemical exfoliants make sure you leave around half an hour after applying your chemical exfoliant before you apply any other product for maximum effectiveness. If you don't have 30 mins wait at least 10 minutes. Lastly make sure your wearing sun cream as ahas increase UV sensitivity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

Just one thing for anyone who's new to chemical exfoliants make sure you leave around half an hour after applying your chemical exfoliant before you apply any other product for maximum effectiveness. If you don't have 30 mins wait at least 10 minutes. Lastly make sure your wearing sun cream as ahas increase UV sensitivity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭loveemmaxxxx

Bought cocoa brown tough stuff to give it a go since my st tropez is gone and I love it especially the smell I also got the tan and love it all though I still think the st tropez tanning mousse is still my favourite :D

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Bell e flops- where did you come across the nyx stand in cork?

jadie wrote: »
    Bell e flops- where did you come across the nyx stand in cork?

Stumbled across it in Sam McCauley's in Douglas shopping centre. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Anyone know where I can get NYX in Limerick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

gg2 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get NYX in Limerick?

Shaws in the Cresent tho the stand is always near empty.

Also things don't appear to be sealed so make sure you check lipsticks etc. haven't been tested/used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Shaws in the Cresent tho the stand is always near empty.

Also things don't appear to be sealed so make sure you check lipsticks etc. haven't been tested/used.

NYX recently started shrink wrapping their products, so if you are worried about stuff being used just wait a bit, shouldn't take long before the newer sealed stock hits the shelves if its always selling out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

NYX recently started shrink wrapping their products, so if you are worried about stuff being used just wait a bit, shouldn't take long before the newer sealed stock hits the shelves if its always selling out.

Oh that's great news, was seriously put off the lip glosses as there's no way of knowing whether they'd been used or not. At least with the lipsticks you can tell by looking.

Advertisement