Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NASA Declares Possible ET Signal! ,kind of!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

Carra23 wrote: »
    How about you show me a time when in one year 16 films came out all based on a similar topic. The only genre I can think of off the top of my head, where this would be possible is superheros. The reason I say that is because there are so many Superman, Batman , Spiderman etc but at no point in time that I can think of have 16 superhero movies been released in one year.

Also as I ponted out and is ponted out in the link to the list of the said 16 movies is the fact that leading up to this year there has been an influx in alien movies.

How about the 1950's? Plenty of ET/alien/space movies there, particularly 1957-59, with smaller amounts in the preceding years. Did that lead up to disclosure that aliens are coming or did I miss that bit? Its just something that's popular right now, will probably burn itself out in a while, and the genre will return when there is either a fresh take on it or renewed interest. The cycle will continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Carra23

JBnaglfar wrote: »
    How about the 1950's? Plenty of ET/alien/space movies there, particularly 1957-59, with smaller amounts in the preceding years. Did that lead up to disclosure that aliens are coming or did I miss that bit? Its just something that's popular right now, will probably burn itself out in a while, and the genre will return when there is either a fresh take on it or renewed interest. The cycle will continue.

Good shout there , I think there is plenty more than 16 there ! not sure what date Roswell supposedly happened but was that around that time or later ?

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

Yeah, the Roswell thing is late 40's so may have driven a popular cultural interest in aliens. I don't know that much about public reaction to it but it seems plausible enough. If people were fascinated by aliens, it would be an obvious area for Hollywood to cash in.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭DEVEREUX

Why is none of this on seti website??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

DEVEREUX wrote: »
    Why is none of this on seti website??

Cos it's on the nasa website ,check the link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Why would they even dare to mention ET's?This ET stuff is all over the Tv these days ,there are 16 hollywood movies being released this year with ET's in them.More than any year ever ,from childrens movies ,to Action ,to Thriller movies.What's up with all the ET stuff lately? What's it all about?

movies go in cycles. Look at 2007/ 2008 how many vamire movies were released, how many vampire tv shows were released.

AdrianII wrote: »
    movies go in cycles. Look at 2007/ 2008 how many vamire movies were released, how many vampire tv shows were released.

Forget about the vampire stuff for a second.It may well be that Hollywood are cashing in ,but this stuff is being carried by the mainstream news ,Im not gonna post a whole load of videos that will be pointless and no one looks at them.Just go to youtube and put in UFO -,ABC ,NBC ,CNN and you'll see what Im getting at.Why the coverage if it's bollocks! Im not saying I believe it but there is serious time and effort put into reporting this lately.

If this stuff was a direct conflict of government policy ,the media would not air it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

If this stuff was a direct conflict of government policy ,the media would not air it.
    I don't know how the various governments around the world could prevent it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭clever_name

I posted jokingly previously about using the upcoming release of films with aliens in them as evidence of something ET going on. I used the example of the recent increase in pirate movies and the rise in reported global piracy, did johnny depp cause it?, coincidence?.

Alien movies (a very broad term) have been mainstream for over fifty years and as with every genre they run in cycles, as I stated before there has been a huge increase in vampire related movies, books & tv - should we prepare for a bloodsucker invasion?

Think of this also, with the rise in cgi the number of "alien movies" will increase.The reason is that making a believable cgi alien is far easier than making a believable human.

Also Avatar made so much money, the bandwagon for that will be huge.

If you consider the real amout of "alien movies" produced in a year would include direct to DVD, TV & non english language the amout would far exceed 16. You might as well link the rise in global cancer to the demise of silent movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Carra23

I posted jokingly previously about using the upcoming release of films with aliens in them as evidence of something ET going on. I used the example of the recent increase in pirate movies and the rise in reported global piracy, did johnny depp cause it?, coincidence?.

Alien movies (a very broad term) have been mainstream for over fifty years and as with every genre they run in cycles, as I stated before there has been a huge increase in vampire related movies, books & tv - should we prepare for a bloodsucker invasion?

Think of this also, with the rise in cgi the number of "alien movies" will increase.The reason is that making a believable cgi alien is far easier than making a believable human.

Also Avatar made so much money, the bandwagon for that will be huge.

If you consider the real amout of "alien movies" produced in a year would include direct to DVD, TV & non english language the amout would far exceed 16. You might as well link the rise in global cancer to the demise of silent movies.

Go away with your big rational thinking brain, your just spoiling all the fun :p

• Advertisement

I don't see anyone on CNN interviewing vampires ,but what I do see is an increase in UFO reporting by the heavyweight media giants.

I never mentioned news coverage, the point I am making is that cherry picking the release schedule of movies and calling that evidence is absurd.

To bring it back to vampires again ( I don't have a thing for them, honest) do a quick search and you will find news reports of people who claim to be vampires. Does this mean I will be stocking up on garlic?, not at the moment.

Now I am off to watch Twilight.

I never mentioned news coverage, the point I am making is that cherry picking the release schedule of movies and calling that evidence is absurd.

To bring it back to vampires again ( I don't have a thing for them, honest) do a quick search and you will find news reports of people who claim to be vampires. Does this mean I will be stocking up on garlic?, not at the moment.

Now I am off to watch Twilight.

I never said it was evidence ,I quoted Nasa/Seti in the very first post and then said there was a rise in the amount of ET' type movies ,I never said it was "evidence":rolleyes:

you said -Yeah I've seen all that ,but why is the alien stuff being pushed so much lately.It's everywhere lately on the american news ,Hollywood etc..it's being rammed down the publics throat for some reason.

Yes you quoted Nasa/Seti in the very first post and then said that the amount of alien movies was on the increase "for some reason..."

So you did not intend the second post to support the first?

you said -Yeah I've seen all that ,but why is the alien stuff being pushed so much lately.It's everywhere lately on the american news ,Hollywood etc..it's being rammed down the publics throat for some reason.

It is ,what that reason is I don't know ,fashion ,something else ??????It's getting plenty of airtime over the last 12 months
    Yes you quoted Nasa/Seti in the very first post and then said that the amount of alien movies was on the increase "for some reason..."

So you did not intend the second post to support the first?

You said I called it "evidence" ,the idea and the way I worded it was to get the opinion from other posters ,I didn't say "here look at all these movies ,yes is aliens"

[/B]

It is ,what that reason is I don't know ,fashion ,something else ??????It's getting plenty of airtime over the last 12 months

You said I called it "evidence" ,the idea and the way I worded it was to get the opinion from other posters ,I didn't say "here look at all these movies ,yes is aliens"

Before this thread goes off on a tangent, let me clarify when i said upcoming movies are absurd as evidence I was not saying that you had called it such. I was making the point that IMHO nobody can use it as evidence.

Now I will stop discussing vampires and then this thread can get back to its original point

Advertisement