Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for a stag weekend in Europe

Options
  • 10-02-2011 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Im the best man for my mates wedding so its up to me to sort out a stag weekend. The stag is going to be at the start of july and I was thinking of somewhere in Europe for a weekend, preferably somewhere with 24 hour drinking. A weekend in England taking in a premier league game or darts championship would have been ideal but at that time of year its not possible. Any suggestions on where is good for a stag or any festivals on around Europe from late June to mid July. Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Hast thou considered Athlone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Disneyland. Or Amsterdam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 seaniefitz

Edinburgh!

great pubs, clubs and the birk and hair! enough said

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Doberman83 wrote: »
    Im the best man for my mates wedding so its up to me to sort out a stag weekend. The stag is going to be at the start of july and I was thinking of somewhere in Europe for a weekend, preferably somewhere with 24 hour drinking. A weekend in England taking in a premier league game or darts championship would have been ideal but at that time of year its not possible. Any suggestions on where is good for a stag or any festivals on around Europe from late June to mid July. Cheers

Travel forum perhaps??
    People will just tell you "Blast her with piss" around here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

So O'Reilly's under Tara Street station, yeah?

Oh wait, sorry. Wrong thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭firefly08

Do your friends like machine guns? In the Czech Republic they have beer, strippers and machine guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

Travel forum perhaps??
    People will just tell you "Blast her with piss" around here

I think he is in, the right place.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hookers and beer. Who cares where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Copenhagen. Clubs open all night, great nightlife, cheap booze, shots of fisherman's, little to no crime/danger, you can drink on the street, friendly people who all speak english, fantastic looking women for the single lads to be rejected by repeatedly.

I think that should do nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

You'd want to be booking now to get a good price on the flights. Anyway you've loads of options but if it was me I'd go for one of the big german cities like Berlin, Munich, Dusseldorf etc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Prague!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Just kill a prostitute in Budapest like any normal person.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

clived2 wrote: »
    I think he is in, the right place.

Are you, sure??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

God I've to go to Riga soon for a stag, really dreading it, they hate gangs of British/Irish lads in those places :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Start of July you say, how about a little bit of excitement in Drumkree?

Alternatively see animals in their natural habitat of Semple Stadium during the Munster Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

Prague is a decent spot, the city center is quite compact and friendly, downside: there are a hell of a lot of other stag parties there.

I was on a stag in Cork a few months ago, had a blast!

My tip of the day is: Avoid Budapest like the plague that it is. A friend of mine has just come back from a stag there. He said that if you pick up a taxi on the street they charge litterally extortionate rates, many of the strip clubs are mafia fronts that do little but roll tourists for every cent they have, the city is dirty and the people very unfriendly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

What do you need to go anywhere for if you just want to drink save the money and sit in a house in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

I heard rumour ireland is now in europe. You should go there!
    Flights should be very cheap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Liverpool.

Great town in summer. Loose, saucy, scouse birds. Won't break the piggybank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Prague is the best European city I've ever been to for a stag type trip as it's relatively cheap, clubs are good and open pretty much all hours. Berlin has some great clubs but is a lot more expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Don't go to Austria - they really do lock up their daughters! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Liverpool.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mrgaa1

Liverpool.

Apparently Newcastle is the same as above - saw a programme on TV last night and they all seem to want to have a good time

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Retrovertigo

Barcelona, hands down.

Lived there for a few years myself. Top quality food, drink and clubs plus you have the Nou camp only a short hop away in a taxi. If you're heading over from May onwards the place will be covered in drop dead gorgeous women wearing next to nothing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Have the couple made any plans regarding procreation?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

Most people hated going abroad for stags/hens during the Celtic Tiger. These days, they completely detest it.

Don't get me wrong. Most of the stag's friends will go, out of loyalty to the stag, but they will hate you for it. Those that don't go will hate you even more as you were the cause of them not being able to go.

Trust me, the key to a good stag/hen is to keep it simple and cheap.

The purpose of a stag is a great lads session. And a great session has little to do with where you are, but who you are with and what frame of mind they are in. Everybody who wants to go being able to go and not worry about money or time off work or away from the wife etc is what you need to be aiming for.

Pick a random town in Ireland that easy for you and your friends to get to. Book a hostel. And have a fcukin' great weekend. Do not book a hotel. You are lads. You will be drinking most/all of the day. You will not be using the gym, pool, spa etc. All you want is a place to crash that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

Amsterdam !! Great lively spot with ALL the amenities and activities you require, cheap to get there (not so cheap when you arrive) and a great laugh for a few days !!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Nadser

Copenhagen. Clubs open all night, great nightlife, cheap booze, shots of fisherman's, little to no crime/danger, you can drink on the street, friendly people who all speak english, fantastic looking women for the single lads to be rejected by repeatedly.

I think that should do nicely.

Cheap booze?? I was in Copenhagen the other weekend and pints were over €7! Great city, but hardly cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I am currently in the middle of wedding/stag season with a lot of my close mates. The best bet is to get an email going around with the core group of lads (excluding the groom obviously).

Put out a few feelers in terms of locations and suss out the general mood amongst the group. You should find out fairly 1. if enough people are genuinely up for going abroad and 2.if they are, where to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    God I've to go to Riga soon for a stag, really dreading it, they hate gangs of British/Irish lads in those places :(
    Ya Riga can be rough, I didn't have many problems my self but a group of us had a glass thrown at us by some Russians. It wasn't even a group of Irish, it was a very mixed group. That was all I witnessed though, other than that most locals where sound just sick of loud tourists in particular.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement