Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anarcho - Capitalism

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Belfast wrote: »
    Private interests like monsanto are not interested in small government. They like strong government. They just want to control it is their own interests.

As you say not sure how realistic it is some one might create private army and take over the country anyway.

Western countries have strong governments and are not free societies.
    They may be relative free compared to places like Burma but they are not free by standards libertarian.

Anarcho - Capitalism may be a pipe dream, but I am not sure how viable our present system is in the long run either.

Do you know what was a free time with little State involvement - the Dark Ages. A time of private armies. I mean some private armies ( IRA, drug pushers) challenge the State anyway, in the absence of the State you would be someone's serf.

Libertarianism - a road to serfdom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

Do you know what was a free time with little State involvement - the Dark Ages. A time of private armies. I mean some private armies ( IRA, dug pushers) challenge the State anyway, in the absence of the State you would be someone's serf.

Libertarianism - a road to serfdom.

If you're poor, yes. That does not bother the libertarians.

Advertisement