Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul Sommerville Townhall date announced

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭onekeano

vallo wrote: »
    Yes that was Eoghan Murphy - who thought the election manager made an "error of judgment" endorsing Sommerville for #3 transfers.
    The audience gave a bit of a hushed "oooh" when sommerville announced that FG had said "we need Sommerville on board" at the meeting last night.
    Surely that is just a ploy to stop transfers going to Labour? I would have thought that was obvious.
    My great fear is that Sommerville will end up unused in a majority FG government and that he might as well be venting his frustrations on Vincent Browne as in the Dail. Hopefully he'll get a shot at the re-negotiations.
    Anyhoo, I think Sommerville is great and hope he gets lots of #1s in the constituency - hopefully at the expense of that nitwit Murphy.

Looks like a lot of people agree with you on this - Andrews price with PaddyPower has gone from 1/1 to 11/8 on Monday out agin to 13/8 on Tuesday and today he's gone right out to 11/4.

Meanwhile Sommervilles price has been cut again from 5/2 to 2/1...... he has the wind in his sails...

Roy

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭onekeano

Sommerville now into 7/4 with andrews out to 3/1.......

Starting to look good if he can survive the first couple of rounds...

Roy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

How is paul sommerville doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Very badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I think he was tallying around 7% on first preferences, he won't be elected to Dublin South East.

I'm really surprised that Eoghan Murphy is doing so well, I really don't see what other people seem to see in him. For someone with a background like Murphy's I would have expected him to be better informed on the economic crisis.

Having said that, by all accounts Paul Sommerville's campaign was something considerably less than enthusiastic.

Last weekend Eoghan Murphy had yellow shirted teenagers wandering around Leeson Street with his logo at traffic lights and waving placards, Paul Sommerville cut a lonely figure outside Donnybrook Fair chatting to old ladies on his own that same day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

He admited he wasn't going to be trapsing up and down DSE and doing the gladhanding/kissing babies thing, probably cost him. Shane Ross could afford not to get all "folksy" so high is his profile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭vallo

The Shane Ross landslide is unbelievable - I have it from a few friends in the constituency that he has been pretty much invisible there.

Just read a tweet that it is touch and go for Somerville at the moment - needs transfers. Maybe there is still hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭thebaldsoprano

later10 wrote: »
    I'm really surprised that Eoghan Murphy is doing so well, I really don't see what other people seem to see in him. For someone with a background like Murphy's I would have expected him to be better informed on the economic crisis.

Tactical voting to try and keep Labour out is one possibility. I'd have preferred to see an independent getting in rather than Murphy, but it's not looking likely.

Advertisement