Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

WTF is this all about?? :confused:

http://adserver.adtech.de/?adlink|3.0|809|3582584|1|16|AdId=8185013;BnId=1;link=http://ad-emea.doubleclick.net/clk;263213292;88605152;e

I was half expecting it to be like Willie Wonkas factory inside.. a purple pool table and a press full of dairy milks.. in an otherwise normal looking house.. seriously half arsed attempt at a Cadburys themed house????

I don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

xzanti wrote: »

http://adserver.adtech.de/?adlink|3.0|809|3582584|1|16|AdId=8185013;BnId=1;link=http://ad-emea.doubleclick.net/clk;263213292;88605152;e

I was half expecting it to be like Willie Wonkas factory inside.. a purple pool table and a press full of dairy milks.. in an otherwise normal looking house.. seriously half arsed attempt at a Cadburys themed house????

I don't get it.
    Store the chocolate bars directly over the oven, smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

I think it might be a joke...
    Property Description:
    Stunning and delicious luxury house available to rent in this much sought after location ***

Furnished with extra special care and careful but joyous attention.

Ready for immediate rental, two days after tomorrow.

Accommodation consists of:
    - Spacious and bright Living/Dining room in a double-square arrangement, both with fireplaces and complimentary tribal furniture.
    - Generously sized double bedroom with a chunky style mattress and matching en suite slide. Separate kitchen, bathroom and utility belt.
    - Property is adjacent to the miniature waterfall and eagle powered merry-go-round.
    2 minute walk from the Burlington Hotel, St Stephen's Green, every Centre location and all major road networks.
    Daft Property Shortcode:
    http://www.daft.ie/cadbury

Truley wrote: »

Yeah, a very half arsed one..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

It's a Cadbury's ad.
    '' Terms and Conditions - This is part of the Joyville world and will not be available for rent/sale.''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭Polar101

Truley wrote: »

Also known as an advertisement. :)

I'm getting that it's an ad..

I just think they could have made the interior a bit more.. chocolate themed..

It's crap.

I'm getting that it's an ad..

I just think they could have made the interior a bit more.. chocolate themed..

It's crap.

It's being read, questioned, quoted and discussed - so, not really a crap ad!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Rasmus wrote: »
    It's being read, questioned, quoted and discussed - so, not really a crap ad!
    Someone always comes along with this ridiculous statement whenever crappy ads are being discussed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭apache

Oh i think its brill! I want to live there!

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    Someone always comes along with this ridiculous statement whenever crappy ads are being discussed :rolleyes:

ridiculous statement? Well you're charming aren't you. Why don't you tell me why it's ridiculous...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

The photographer is clearly wearing purple too
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Rasmus wrote: »
    ridiculous statement? Well you're charming aren't you. Why don't you tell me why it's ridiculous...

Cadbury's don't get paid everytime someone talks about one of their ads. A successful ad is not one that "we're all talking about", it's one that brings in money to the company. I'd go as far as to say that an advertisement could be considered a success if no-one ever talked about it but a large number of people went out and bought the product.

An ad that gets everyone talking about it may raise awareness of the product but if no-one is buying the product then the company still isn't making any money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Cadbury's don't get paid everytime someone talks about one of their ads. A successful ad is not one that "we're all talking about", it's one that brings in money to the company. I'd go as far as to say that an advertisement could be considered a success if no-one ever talked about it but a large number of people went out and bought the product.

An ad that gets everyone talking about it may raise awareness of the product but if no-one is buying the product then the company still isn't making any money.

It's successful inasmuch as it's made me think about chocolate and given me the urge to go out and buy a bar of chocolate. That's bringing in money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

It's successful inasmuch as it's made me think about chocolate and given me the urge to go out and buy a bar of chocolate. That's bringing in money.

Okay. I was more making a general statement about all advertisements. The point being that talking about an ad doesn't bring in money, people buying the product does.

I agree with xzanti, they could have made the point more strongly and it would probably have increased people's desire for creamy, silky, chocolately deliciousness.

This was a fun thread among many. Egos get the better of some of them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭apache

Me too! Also i'm going home to paint all my walls purple. The pool table is class :) and the little dog. He should be a chocolate labrador though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

€350,000 for a pub and restaurant in the centre of Dundalk?

http://www.daft.ie/searchcommercial.daft?id=103835

Not too shabby.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Except the restaurant looks like the Tea Room from Withnail & I!

"We will have wine and we will have cake! We want the finest wines available to humanity and we want them here, and we want them now!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭Polar101

Funglegunk wrote: »

Not too shabby.

Too bad it's only 1 sq foot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Funglegunk wrote: »

Not too shabby.

I note the picture doesn't include the mental road markings put in for pedestrians/cyclists that are outside it now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭donkey oatey

Went to see THIS place today. There's no pics of the third bedroom. That's because it's been converted into a (supposedly) soundproof bar! Complete with bar area that has it's own door from the main corridor and corner pub seat that was custom fitted and not removable and bar table and high and low stools! The agent told me the bar area could be used as a wardrobe.

Bar area and bed
    Bed and corner bar seat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Went to see THIS place today. There's no pics of the third bedroom. That's because it's been converted into a (supposedly) soundproof bar! Complete with bar area that has it's own door from the main corridor and corner pub seat that was custom fitted and not removable and bar table and high and low stools! The agent told me the bar area could be used as a wardrobe.

Bar area and bed
    Bed and corner bar seat

Brilliant!! It all looked so normal--In the ad!! I'm guessing your taking it. It's hard to get to the pub these days- high prices- recession-

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Bar area and bed
    Bed and corner bar seat

There is a mattress in the bar. Handy, you could wake up and go straight for pints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Have to say I'm lovin that place:D
    I defo would feel like you were down the pub having a few;)

On the other hand it could be a wee bit tooooooooooo convenient :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Bar area and bed
    Bed and corner bar seat

What the fup is going on there? Looks new and normal,
    Why would it be used as a bedroom?

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

Bar area and bed
    Bed and corner bar seat

Emm Surely having a customised bar built into the place would be a selling point as opposed to wanting to cover it up???:confused:
    Like is it decent looking or ridiculous? I dont understand them being sneaky about and underhand about something that most people would see as a plus point:confused:

UPDATE
    Just saw your flicker pics........... Know i know LMFAO.
    Ang about... So the bar where you will be queing for your cocktails...has a bed at it.... the area where the "bar tender" will be standing ie your mate, has about as much room as a kitchen cupboard. Is that a door behind the bar... wheres it go??? The cellar? Beer garden????

"The owners of the apartment have changed one of the bedrooms into a second reception room, and so it would suit tenants looking for a 2 bedroom apartment with extra living space" te he he he he he

Yeah, it's a glorified press really isn't it.. and I've heard of people robbing pint glasses from pubs but, furniture?? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

I don't get it.

A purple house? Jaysus, someone hasn't gotten their hole in a long, long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Except the restaurant looks like the Tea Room from Withnail & I!

"We will have wine and we will have cake! We want the finest wines available to humanity and we want them here, and we want them now!"

Maybe someone should buy the place and knock it down?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement